Phil Fulmer - Former Tennessee Head Coach

Dirk Koetter - Atlanta Falcons Offensive Coordinator

Mike MacIntyre - San Jose State Head Coach

Chad Morris - Clemson Offensive Coordinator

Bobby Petrino - Former Arkansas Head Coach

Tommy Tubberville - Texas Tech Head Coach

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/footbal...rylink=rss
Here's my opinion

Neal Brown - I think he will be at Kentucky but not as the head coach, Offensive Coordinator.

Sonny Dykes - has Kentucky ties but I don't see him leaving LA Tech

Butch Jones - Don't see him leaving Cincinnati

Mike Leach - has been rumored for the Kentucky job before they hired Joker. He could and may not come.

Gus Malzahn - I don't think he would leave Arkansas State especially with them building new facilities

Brent Pease - Rumored to have interest in the job. He could and may not come.

Willie Taggart - WKU beat UK so he may stay put

David Cutcliffe - He may come if the Tennessee job isn't open.

Phil Fulmer - Former Tennessee Coach has been itching to get a coaching gig and has been rumored to have a lot of interest in the Kentucky job

Dirk Koetter - Falcons have reported that Kentucky HASN'T contacted them about Koetter

Mike MacIntyre - He may come and he may not come.

Chad Morris - Not sure if he would leave Clemson to come to Kentucky, may tho since he would be a head coach

Bobby Petrino - Has problems. Was reported that Kentucky had very little interest in him but he's on the list. I doubt you'll see him in a Kentucky shirt next year.

Tommy Tubberville - Former Coach in SEC. He may come and he may not.

I'll list one that hasn't been listed.

Rex Ryan - NY Jets head coach........Rumored that the Jets are gonna fire him either before or after the season is up. Also being reported is that Ryan will listen to Kentucky if they call....Also has family near Lexington so that would make sense.
Came across this on southerngameday.com

Quote:@GTuckerF150 FWIW: Some of my friends on-campus at Alabama saw Kentucky head in to the Alabama football offices. Presumably there to see Kirby Smart

@GTuckerF150 To answer the questions, the group of people were “decked out in UK stuff.” I don’t see random UK fans coming to Tuscaloosa to the offices

For everyone that don't know Garrett Tucker, he is an analyst from Alabama....These were posted on twitter 11 Hrs ago.....
Ill say it a million times..... Petrino.
RIUTG I seriously doubt you'll see Petrino wearing UK colors and shirts next year.....Why get someone who's just a drunk that has affairs with people and ups and leaves you as soon as the going get's good? Everything I could gather browsing the web, well I'd say the UK/Petrino interest isn't where the other candidates interest are...The 3 names that keep being brought up the most are: Sonny Dykes, David Cutcliffe and Neal Brown.....It's also being reported that Brown has a lot of interest in the UK job.....

I don't think UK President and Mitch Barnhart would put UK through something like that....I do however believe that this will be a quick hire and could possibly done within a couple weeks since a lot of other schools are rumored to come open and names will be coming off the table.....Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn and a lot of smaller schools are already open...
Strikeout King Wrote:RIUTG I seriously doubt you'll see Petrino wearing UK colors and shirts next year.....Why get someone who's just a drunk that has affairs with people and ups and leaves you as soon as the going get's good? Everything I could gather browsing the web, well I'd say the UK/Petrino interest isn't where the other candidates interest are...The 3 names that keep being brought up the most are: Sonny Dykes, David Cutcliffe and Neal Brown.....It's also being reported that Brown has a lot of interest in the UK job.....

If they hire any of these three in two years they will be begging Petrino to come,We need to get him now before Auburn and Tennessee get involved just going to drive price up,and we will end up with another Billy Clyde.Who I believe was running around town with some very young women.
Do you all not care about the university? Petrino would do the school wrong like he has done his previous schools. I seriously doubt Mitch and the President would put the university through that. You all must think Petrino is god or something that's all you all talk about. Guess we'll just have to wait and see who UK gets..........btw since you all are so hit to trot on Petino call up or email Mitch and see what he tells you. If I'm not mistaken he's already said that he wasn't considering Petrino because of his track record but the list that was given out he was on it but everyone that I've seen make their list, analyst have said no to Petrino
I think it's coming...

Mitch & Co. are going to hit a home run hire.
Strikeout King Wrote:RIUTG I seriously doubt you'll see Petrino wearing UK colors and shirts next year.....Why get someone who's just a drunk that has affairs with people and ups and leaves you as soon as the going get's good? Everything I could gather browsing the web, well I'd say the UK/Petrino interest isn't where the other candidates interest are...The 3 names that keep being brought up the most are: Sonny Dykes, David Cutcliffe and Neal Brown.....It's also being reported that Brown has a lot of interest in the UK job.....

I don't think UK President and Mitch Barnhart would put UK through something like that....I do however believe that this will be a quick hire and could possibly done within a couple weeks since a lot of other schools are rumored to come open and names will be coming off the table.....Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn and a lot of smaller schools are already open...

They prolly wont, but if there smart they will.

Why do i want him after all youve mentioned?

Because the asshole can coach and win in the SEC!!!!!!

Its that simple. Go ahead with one of your fantasy coaches youve mentioned, and ill get the same pleasure torturing homers on here for hiring another horrible coach.

Its worth the risk of going threw because if not, were going to be horrible anyways.
Strikeout King Wrote:Do you all not care about the university? Petrino would do the school wrong like he has done his previous schools. I seriously doubt Mitch and the President would put the university through that. You all must think Petrino is god or something that's all you all talk about. Guess we'll just have to wait and see who UK gets..........btw since you all are so hit to trot on Petino call up or email Mitch and see what he tells you. If I'm not mistaken he's already said that he wasn't considering Petrino because of his track record but the list that was given out he was on it but everyone that I've seen make their list, analyst have said no to Petrino

No. I did not attned UK, i do not live in Lexington. I am simply a sports fan, and if UK wants to win, they need Petrino. Even though you suggest theres no talk about it, ESPN and other sites have comments out the ass about Petrino. He is the clear cut choice for UK if they ever want to become a contender in the SEC.
If you choose one of those other guys, your welcoming more bad football.
In 2-3 years Petrino could be competing for SEC East titles with his recruits.
And the man can coach! Look at what it did to Arkansas this year. With him there, they would have won 8-9 games and gave Bama and LSU fits, without him there at the bottom of the pack, and yet still ahead of UK.

Bottom line....hire Petrino, no matter what, or be prepared for more horrible football and another fire in 4 years with the list you have.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill say it a million times..... Petrino.

I'll say it a million more....... No.
You are a University Faculty first. Standards have to be made when giving someone a decent amount of money. I say go with someone who has the ability to get recruits and at the same time hold themselves to a higher standards. If my son was 19, I wouldn't want this coach no where near my house.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Strikeout King Wrote:Do you all not care about the university? Petrino would do the school wrong like he has done his previous schools. I seriously doubt Mitch and the President would put the university through that. You all must think Petrino is god or something that's all you all talk about. Guess we'll just have to wait and see who UK gets..........btw since you all are so hit to trot on Petino call up or email Mitch and see what he tells you. If I'm not mistaken he's already said that he wasn't considering Petrino because of his track record but the list that was given out he was on it but everyone that I've seen make their list, analyst have said no to Petrino

How many wins has Petrino had Vacated. You people are acting like we are a bunch of SAINTS. We are no where close.
You have to keep in mind that the UK President will also get a say in who they hire. The president is very academic minded. It is because of this I do not think he would OK the hiring of Petrino.

Rumor around campus is that the Alabama DC is #1 on their list...I would be happy to get him.
Kentucky should not and will not hire Bobby Petrino for very good and obvious reasons!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
judgementday Wrote:You have to keep in mind that the UK President will also get a say in who they hire. The president is very academic minded. It is because of this I do not think he would OK the hiring of Petrino.

Rumor around campus is that the Alabama DC is #1 on their list...I would be happy to get him.

We need a defensive minded coach.
I don't want Rex Ryan I don't want Sonny Dykes I don't want David Cutcliffe and I don't want any low name. I want Kirby Smart he will be our best option. Kirby knows how to run a Defense. This is the SEC people scoring 52 a game might be nice, but the other team will score 53 if we don't stop them.
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No. I did not attned UK, i do not live in Lexington. I am simply a sports fan, and if UK wants to win, they need Petrino. Even though you suggest theres no talk about it, ESPN and other sites have comments out the ass about Petrino. He is the clear cut choice for UK if they ever want to become a contender in the SEC.
If you choose one of those other guys, your welcoming more bad football.
In 2-3 years Petrino could be competing for SEC East titles with his recruits.
And the man can coach! Look at what it did to Arkansas this year. With him there, they would have won 8-9 games and gave Bama and LSU fits, without him there at the bottom of the pack, and yet still ahead of UK.

Bottom line....hire Petrino, no matter what, or be prepared for more horrible football and another fire in 4 years with the list you have.

I agree with you completely I have nothing wrong with Petrino. I personally just like Kirby Smart. I don't think we need 95% of the coaches that people are naming. Smart or Petrino at the helm works great for me.
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
Phil Fulmer has said that he's interested in the job but hasn't talked to no one about it
Add Jim Tressell and Matt Campbell to that list
Petrino! And ill leave it at that.

I hope some of you get yor wish with one of these coaches that are on jokers level so UK can be a doormat for years to come.

I dont care if Petrino has been convicted of murder, he's the only coach who can win in the SEC.
And that is the truth!

Quit acting like everyone of you fully believe we shouldnt hirehim because of his past. What is this? Ive never seen so many saints on here before until i started mentioning Petrino.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Petrino! And ill leave it at that.

I hope some of you get yor wish with one of these coaches that are on jokers level so UK can be a doormat for years to come.

I dont care if Petrino has been convicted of murder, he's the only coach who can win in the SEC.
And that is the truth!

Quit acting like everyone of you fully believe we shouldnt hirehim because of his past. What is this? Ive never seen so many saints on here before until i started mentioning Petrino.

he used to win in the SEC, but I guarantee he won't get nearly the same quality staff that he had at Louisville and Arkansas, and he won't be able to recruit like he used to. And what makes UK fans think Petrino will be at UK for awhile? If he gets a little success, he'll be off to another job in a heartbeat
Heard on another site that MB was at the Jets office and then went to Pittsburgh to see someone their too. Im sure he was in New York to see Rex but the steelers not sure. Todd Haley? someone also said Steelers O-Line coach cant remember his name.
I dont care if Petrino leaves after a year, he'll get more wins in that year than Sonny Dousche will get in 5 years of coaching.
judgementday Wrote:You have to keep in mind that the UK President will also get a say in who they hire. The president is very academic minded. It is because of this I do not think he would OK the hiring of Petrino.

(The president is very academic minded)<<<how can that be ,when theres all these one and dones in basketball,lol
Random suggestion from left field but what about Jim Levitt? He did a great job of building USF's program from nothing. He has Florida recruiting ties and he understands that you have to get the 2 and 3 star guys that have 4 and 5 star talent but are undersized. The other guy I like is Malzahn. He was pretty good at Arkansas and auburn. He runs a fun offense to watch and has hc experience now.
cuppett777 Wrote:(The president is very academic minded)<<<how can that be ,when theres all these one and dones in basketball,lol

Lee Todd was at the helm when Coach Cal was hired, if the current president had a say I am not so sure Cal would have been hired.

His goal is to make Academics top priority at UK though revamping the campus and retaining students so they will pay more tuition. Because of this staff has been cut on the healthcare and athletic side of the university.

IMO it is because of this Petrino probably isn't even going to get a call. Capilutio or however you spell his name, would be too afraid of any bad publicity for the University.
cuppett777 Wrote:(The president is very academic minded)<<<how can that be ,when theres all these one and dones in basketball,lol

President has to OK a coach hiring, he has nothing to do with recruiting and I don't think he would hire Petrino due to his track record
judgementday Wrote:Lee Todd was at the helm when Coach Cal was hired, if the current president had a say I am not so sure Cal would have been hired.

His goal is to make Academics top priority at UK though revamping the campus and retaining students so they will pay more tuition. Because of this staff has been cut on the healthcare and athletic side of the university.

IMO it is because of this Petrino probably isn't even going to get a call. Capilutio or however you spell his name, would be too afraid of any bad publicity for the University.

This is off topic but speaking of basketball someone told me yesterday that the Harrison twins said they were gonna stay all 4 years and graduate UK
Strikeout King Wrote:This is off topic but speaking of basketball someone told me yesterday that the Harrison twins said they were gonna stay all 4 years and graduate UK

They said that themselves when they were getting interviewed after there announcement and I really hope they stay honest to their word!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON