Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did joining the Big 12 destroy WVU's program?
WVU started the year off strong. They had arguably the best offense in the country and were confident about winning a national title. Texas Tech comes along, and three weeks later it looks like WVU and UK might be a competitive game. It has to be difficult deep down knowing that you're never going to win a title in the new alignment. Should have stuck with the Big East.
The Big 12 was a huge step up from the Big East. Lots of good teams that can beat you on any given weekend. The Big East not so much. Point being UofL is the best team in the big east. West Virginia is 10 points better than the Cardinals.
Being WVU destroyed WVU
It hasn't destroyed them yet, but if football struggles in the Big 12 (it will), then it will really hurt the other sports too.

WVU was a program that could've survived the Big East implosion. They left too early
There playing BIGBOY football now.Nomore Little East stuff.
WVU's first season in the Big East was in 1991 after spending several years as an Eastern Independent. Here is how that faired out...

Lost to Pitt, 34-3 (Pitt finished 6-5)
Defeated Bowling Green, 24-17 (BG finished 11-1...in the MAC)
Defeated South Carolina, 21-16 (USC finished 3-6-2)
Defeated Maryland, 37-7 (MD finished 2-9)
Lost to Virginia Tech, 20-14 (VT finished 5-6)
Defeated Temple, 10-9 (Temple finished 2-9)
Defeated Boston College, 31-24 (BC finished 4-7)
Lost to #8 Penn State, 51-6 (PSU finished 11-2)
Defeated Rutgers, 28-3 (RU finished 6-5)
Lost to #2 Miami, 27-3 (UM finished 12-0...National Champs)
Lost to #16 Syracuse, 16-10 (SU finished 10-2)

6-5 with a 3-4 conference record in its first Big East season with two embarrassing losses (to rivals, no less) and victories over mediocre to poor teams.
toussaints Wrote:It hasn't destroyed them yet, but if football struggles in the Big 12 (it will), then it will really hurt the other sports too.

WVU was a program that could've survived the Big East implosion. They left too early

I think Toledo just scored again.Confusednicker:
I think they'll be fine, just need a defense. They've shown they can beat good teams already.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I think Toledo just scored again.Confusednicker:

says the team with no defense
You yUcKster's are a hoot. It is UK that is a Tennessee loss away from being 0-8 in the SEC.
I'm not sure WVU would win an SEC game except for UK.