Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entitlements
According to liberals and the main stream media, obama is going to be elected to a second term. That means that the number of welfare entitlements will likely increase even more. Given that receiving entitlements has become the cool thing to do, I figured I would go ahead and shoot for an entitlement program instead of a rewarding career since it seems like the best way to succeed and be amongst the people who have the highest percentage of income. Liberals, I figured you would know this better than anybody, what are some of the cool programs Obama has put in place for entitlements? Any chance I get insured and not have to pay a dime for it? Also, is there a way to get yearly free passes to Kings' Island and Cedar Point through these programs? Obama is such a good guy, I figured he might throw that in as well.
If you think people who receive entitlements are in the highest percentages of income, you are kidding yourself man. Try to be a little more open minded.

I know a way you can get insurance and not pay a dime for it, and get into a pretty good "entitlement" program. Go to Afghan and get shot or blown up. You'll surely get everything for free then.
They're not right now, but in the future under Obama I'm sure he will find a way to help them receive more money.

As to your second paragraph, which is a realistic need for it, ompletely different situation from what I am describing.
Lol man, I know, I was just screwing around, hahahah. Don't do that, lol.

But as for the first paragraph, I was serious. It's not that bad. It's like you all think there's a conspiracy going on where the President is trying to give all poor people more free stuff. I just don't think it's as big a problem as alot of other things we have going on. Hopefully, with an improving economy and more people with jobs, people receiving assistance will be reduced. If not, then we really have a problem.
I told my wife once that i wanted to go to the food stamp office and sit there for hours getting signed up (back before we were out of college) and when everything was done, turn around and walk right back up and say, we dont want these, we work for a living to where everyone could hear....

But she wouldnt go with me Confusednicker:
My husband and I qualified for government assistance twice in our married life, but never signed up for the entitlement.....just sayin'.

What pisses me off is the qualifications and misuse of the programs. To be honest, and you're probably tired of hearing me say this, BUT if we were to divorce, renounce our citizenship, move to Mexico, then swim back as illegals; I believe we could have a more lucrative life than we do now.

But, after much consideration and bitching about it, if you seriously consider the idea; it really isn't worth it. I continue to love America and really try to be a productive citizen. As unpopular as it's becoming, I still consider myself to be very very patriotic. I just hope that government leadership gets a clue!! This country is weaker than I can ever remember it being; I just want America to be respected again, and American citizens to be productive and contribute instead of taking.
Reminds me of JFK's famous line, Granny Bear.
Aww, thank you sweetie; I consider that a compliment of the highest degree!!!
"Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country"...that one in case anyone can't remember, lol.

My favorite quote of all-time.
The system is broken which allows lazy people to live off the system.

My wife's grandparents could not qualify for public assistance because they received too much money from social security. Problem with this, they also take care of her disabled cousin. The social security they receive is barely enough to keep their lights on not to mention the money they need for meds. To keep them afloat, my wife's parents financially support them. These people obviously need assistance but do not qualify for it....

Now, take the people who live next to me, somewhat young, fully capable of working, but they don't. Why? Because no one is making them. They can live off the system as long as they want. I was behind them in the grocery store one day, in their shopping cart was some of the same items I had in mine, especially pop. They actually had more pop (named brand) than I had. It would have been nice to fill my cart as much as theirs was but I was on strict budget that week.

This is why the system is broken. It angers me that those who are fully capable of contributing do nothing but yet still have access to the same freedoms that I have (i.e. groceries, health care, housing, etc...) They shouldn't be able to use tax dollars to buy multiple cases of mountain dew. Last time I checked, pop was not a necessity.
judgementday Wrote:The system is broken which allows lazy people to live off the system.

My wife's grandparents could not qualify for public assistance because they received too much money from social security. Problem with this, they also take care of her disabled cousin. The social security they receive is barely enough to keep their lights on not to mention the money they need for meds. To keep them afloat, my wife's parents financially support them. These people obviously need assistance but do not qualify for it....

Now, take the people who live next to me, somewhat young, fully capable of working, but they don't. Why? Because no one is making them. They can live off the system as long as they want. I was behind them in the grocery store one day, in their shopping cart was some of the same items I had in mine, especially pop. They actually had more pop (named brand) than I had. It would have been nice to fill my cart as much as theirs was but I was on strict budget that week.

This is why the system is broken. It angers me that those who are fully capable of contributing do nothing but yet still have access to the same freedoms that I have (i.e. groceries, health care, housing, etc...) They shouldn't be able to use tax dollars to buy multiple cases of mountain dew. Last time I checked, pop was not a necessity.

I know how you feel. While grocery shopping I see people I have graduated with that pull out there food stamp cards to buy 200$ worth of soda. Then take it to joe Evans pawn shop to cash in.
They pawn soda??
Granny Bear Wrote:They pawn soda??

You haven't heard of that?! Wow, thought everyone had, lol. They go to the grocery, buy a crapload of soda, usually in cases, and then go and sell them for like $5 a case in bulk. Then go get high.

I even have a piece of shit 2nd cousin that does it. Has two kids, yet hasn't raised either one. I don't even claim her as family anymore. I guarantee when I go to the grocery for my mom today, I see at least one or two people doing it. Lol, I'll take a pic of them and their 25 cases of soda for ya. It's crazy...
I've never heard of such a thing in my whole life. Really showing my age, I know.
Granny Bear Wrote:They pawn soda??

Not only do they pawn it, but they trade it for cigarettes or beer (things you cannot buy on food stamps thank god).

Happens all the time in the Save A Lot parking lot in Estill County.
Oh, I'm sure it happens everywhere, I had just NEVER heard or even thought of pawning a can of pop!!
Yep, I've witnessed it happen several times.
Proof positive that entitlements are being abused on epic scale. They need to put the able bodied to work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Things will only get worse if the Foodstamp President wins a second term.
I remember food stamp, social security, non workers, for the last 20 years. What did the republicans do?
By virtually every measure available - food stamps, SSI, numerous of non-working people, number of people receiving people receiving free Obama phones, declining wages, national debt eper capita, tc. - poverty has reached levels not seen since the 1960s. That is what Obama has done for this country.
TheRealVille Wrote:I remember food stamp, social security, non workers, for the last 20 years. What did the republicans do?

The relevant question is what has/is Obama done???
Granny Bear Wrote:The relevant question is what has/is Obama done???

I agree that is a relevent question as is the one of what have the republicans have done. The war on Poverty has failed which extends back into the 60's.

The truth of the matter is this, I have lived in both Republican and Democrat counties (Whitley and Pike), the problem is the same. Apathy or dispair has set on every corner, even if people would work, what would they do in our area?

Now the part that gets me really frustrated is that I am willing to spend billions of dollars to complete infrastructure projects in Iraq and Afganahstan, and yet when I return home to Whitley Co. 1/3 of our people don't have access to a septic system, forget about sewer... it is a very sad detail. Oh by the way this problem went on long before President Obama or Bush for that matter.

I think all of these programs come down to local controls, Hal Rogers, Mitch Mcconnell, who both have been in office for longer than 30 years. People on entitlemens get those at a local office, talk to your state reps if you want to change things...i

It happens locally, get involved in your chamber of commerace find ways to put people to work, find ways to use coal money instead of building football fields, these are just two ideas to get started.
tvtimeout Wrote:I agree that is a relevent question as is the one of what have the republicans have done. The war on Poverty has failed which extends back into the 60's.

The truth of the matter is this, I have lived in both Republican and Democrat counties (Whitley and Pike), the problem is the same. Apathy or dispair has set on every corner, even if people would work, what would they do in our area?

Now the part that gets me really frustrated is that I am willing to spend billions of dollars to complete infrastructure projects in Iraq and Afganahstan, and yet when I return home to Whitley Co. 1/3 of our people don't have access to a septic system, forget about sewer... it is a very sad detail. Oh by the way this problem went on long before President Obama or Bush for that matter.

I think all of these programs come down to local controls, Hal Rogers, Mitch Mcconnell, who both have been in office for longer than 30 years. People on entitlemens get those at a local office, talk to your state reps if you want to change things...i

It happens locally, get involved in your chamber of commerace find ways to put people to work, find ways to use coal money instead of building football fields, these are just two ideas to get started.

You've not been paying attention again. Obama took that away.

What are you doing on here at this time of the day anyways? Our tax dollars are being spent for you to be in the classroom teaching, not to rattle off on BGR.
tvtimeout Wrote:I agree that is a relevent question as is the one of what have the republicans have done. The war on Poverty has failed which extends back into the 60's.

I have been discussing these very issues with my Senator "Robert Stivers" for a while now. He's been to my home several times and he's coming back soon. Let me tell you, we are ages away from solving the problem of waste, fraud and abuse within health care and entitlement programs. At this time, partisan politics will not allow it to be touched.

Sometimes I think it's gonna take tax payers rebelling on paying taxes to open the eyes of government.

On a side note...I have zero problems with coal severance money building football fields. Most local governments have plenty of money...if spent wisely. Better spent on a football field than stuck up a hog's butt. JMO.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I have been discussing these very issues with my Senator "Robert Stivers" for a while now. He's been to my home several times and he's coming back soon. Let me tell you, we are ages away from solving the problem of waste, fraud and abuse within health care and entitlement programs. At this time, partisan politics will not allow it to be touched.

Sometimes I think it's gonna take tax payers rebelling on paying taxes to open the eyes of government.

On a side note...I have zero problems with coal severance money building football fields. Most local governments have plenty of money...if spent wisely. Better spent on a football field than stuck up a hog's butt. JMO.

What does Stivers think about the Deter program?

I respectfully disagree, an example in the county that I am from 1/3 of the people do not have a septic system or sewer...to me a much better use of money.
Bob Seger Wrote:You've not been paying attention again. Obama took that away.

What are you doing on here at this time of the day anyways? Our tax dollars are being spent for you to be in the classroom teaching, not to rattle off on BGR.

Planning Period, and I missed you!

You're a general in the Corps of Engineers too?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vundy33 Wrote:"Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country"...that one in case anyone can't remember, lol.

My favorite quote of all-time.

Truly a departure from the democrat philosophy of this day. I heard it in real time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]