Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 17 Johnson Central 12
Diogenes Wrote:Absolutely mediocre. Got blasted by Ashland and absolutely run off the field by a Lexington public school. And to not show up against THAT, especially when it is short handed? Pitiful, is being kind. You Belfry people can have all the pride and hear all the ghosts echo that you want, but you know this isnt even a good Belfry team, much less a good statewide team. It's a great win for you, sure, and something to enjoy. and maybe if you can eke by Breathitt, you can stay within 28 of Louisville Central. Maybe. JC: Get this season over with already. CovCath on a running clock. The good news is the core of team is back next year, so maybe if they have any heart they'll watch the DVD of this debacle every night before they go to bed to keep them in the weight room and in conditioning, and maybe they'll decide to try to be champions instead of not even a good 3A team.
You are a joke diogenes!! Belfry has been in the 3A state championship 2 years in a row thats far from mediocre!!Belfry self destructed against Ashland and you know its hard to win in Putnam.You can down your team all you want but thats why we are the pond creek nation we stand behind our boys win or loose.Belfry played awsome D and only let the Eagles get one big play the last score was a give me.Belfry may never beat LCentral but we will take runner up to never will be any day lossser!!:1::1:
First off congrats to the pirates. Secondly was probably the worst effort I've seen out of my eagles all year. With that being said it was also worst called game I've seen in a while. However the pirates were the better team tonight and that's all that really matters good game for both teams going into the playoffs. Maybe this humbling will breathe new life into the eagles while the boost will lead the pirates strong into the playoffs. Because after all a new season starts next week and I hope both teams represent the mountains well from here on out.
I believe Diogenes or whatever his name is, is related to wideright. On the other hand great win for Belfry. It will help their momentum going into the playoffs. As I look at it the next challenge will be the Breathitt county bobcats. Should be a good one. Good luck to the Pirates in the playoffs.
Kinda rich to complain about the officiating when it was a home crew. Almost positive Belfry had more penalties anyway.

Belfry needs Johnson back at tailback. They are a much more explosive team with him in there. Great bend but don't break work by the defense.

Only got to listen on the radio, but it sounded like both teams had some time executing on offense. Everytime Central got on a roll on the ground, Belfry would may a big stop and force a punt. Belfry often had a difficult time gaining yardage on 1st down, but made several key 3rd and long conversions via the pass.

Would love to watch the game tape.
Diogenes Wrote:Absolutely mediocre. Got blasted by Ashland and absolutely run off the field by a Lexington public school. And to not show up against THAT, especially when it is short handed? Pitiful, is being kind. You Belfry people can have all the pride and hear all the ghosts echo that you want, but you know this isnt even a good Belfry team, much less a good statewide team. It's a great win for you, sure, and something to enjoy. and maybe if you can eke by Breathitt, you can stay within 28 of Louisville Central. Maybe. JC: Get this season over with already. CovCath on a running clock. The good news is the core of team is back next year, so maybe if they have any heart they'll watch the DVD of this debacle every night before they go to bed to keep them in the weight room and in conditioning, and maybe they'll decide to try to be champions instead of not even a good 3A team.

Just when I think I'm a d*#k, this guy shows up and I totally get to redeem myself.

...#BobSegerDonCarlosMonsterMan:biggrin:
PaytoPlay Wrote:Kinda rich to complain about the officiating when it was a home crew. Almost positive Belfry had more penalties anyway.

Belfry needs Johnson back at tailback. They are a much more explosive team with him in there. Great bend but don't break work by the defense.

Only got to listen on the radio, but it sounded like both teams had some time executing on offense. Everytime Central got on a roll on the ground, Belfry would may a big stop and force a punt. Belfry often had a difficult time gaining yardage on 1st down, but made several key 3rd and long conversions via the pass.

Would love to watch the game tape.

The officials are assigned. They were a 16 region crew. Meaning they were from Ashland area. And I never said they changed the outcome of the game. But I think it kinda rich to even post about something you didn't care enough to leave the house an attend. Like I said before congrats to the pirates keep it going.
^ Oh boy. lol
Diogenes Wrote:You summed it up right there. Concise, and comprehensive.
Belfrys D stopped what little offence you could muster!Even with that too loud crap that is played every play so that the teams and refs cant even hear the game you could not beat us.Turn that Chit down its bull let the kids play the game!! Guess what your team is never going to win a state championship let alone play for one so F off looser!Confusedinglepar
red&white Wrote:Belfrys D stopped what little offence you could muster!Even with that too loud crap that is played every play so that the teams and refs cant even hear the game you could not beat us.Turn that Chit down its bull let the kids play the game!! Guess what your team is never going to win a state championship let alone play for one so F off looser!Confusedinglepar

It's spelled offense.

And as far as the music goes... guess you've never been to a college or pro football game.
Shaking my head....

When sore losers meet people who don't know how to properly handle a win....

How about we discuss the entertaining game instead of talking about each other and things that had absolutely no bearing on the outcome? I know it is a novel idea but all of you should be better than this.
EagleFootballPride Wrote:First off congrats to the pirates. Secondly was probably the worst effort I've seen out of my eagles all year. With that being said it was also worst called game I've seen in a while. However the pirates were the better team tonight and that's all that really matters good game for both teams going into the playoffs. Maybe this humbling will breathe new life into the eagles while the boost will lead the pirates strong into the playoffs. Because after all a new season starts next week and I hope both teams represent the mountains well from here on out.
Tell me what was called bad most calls were against Belfry!The pass inerferance call was legit at the end it sealed the game more than a hand full of jersey!! What I will ask again was called bad?:please:
Now that's funny Jcc complaing about the refs an didn't get beat because belfry was the better team but because Jcc didn't execute very well. Well that's what happens when you get beat. THE other team has alittle to do with that by playing good soilid D an scoring more points. Doesn't look like that offense is a big scary scoring machine like advertised. Which Ashland saw last week just squeaking by Ashland in it an getting beat by a good belfry team that Ashland beat few weeks ago.
Leonidas Wrote:Just when I think I'm a d*#k, this guy shows up and I totally get to redeem myself.

F*#k you douche' bag...#BobSegerDonCarlosMonsterMan:biggrin:

Naw, dont sell yourself short. You had it right the first time.........Confusednicker:

Hey, NotsoBADCAT.....:howdy:
fu
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Shaking my head....

How about we discuss the entertaining game instead of talking about each other and things that had absolutely no bearing on the outcome? I know it is a novel idea but all of you should be better than this.

Aw, diplomacy.....grand in its theory
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Shaking my head....

Amen.
Some real clowns posting here tonight. Congrats to Belfrey and I wish you guys a long run in the playoffs.

Very poor effort by JC. There are two,reasons we lost. Lack of passing game ( both offense and defense) and special teams. I am a Mateny fan and we have come a long way, but until we get a passing game and better special teams play we will not make it to the next level. Belfrey had a great game plan and executed.

When you wade through all the bull here you have two great teams who had won their districts and still had the backbone to play each other for pride. Eagle Pride is you lose with class when a team beats you, no excuses. Great job Belfrey and this JC fan will be rooting for you in the playoffs. Do not rule the Eagles out, Matney will have them ready and we will run deep into the playoffs.
[quote=BADCAT74]Now that's funny Jcc complaing about the refs an didn't get beat because belfry was the better team but because Jcc didn't execute very well. Well that's what happens when you get beat. THE other team has alittle to do with that by playing good soilid D an scoring more points. Doesn't look like that offense is a big scary scoring machine like advertised. Which Ashland saw last week just squeaking by Ashland in it an getting beat by a good belfry team that Ashland beat few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Well lookie who just crawled out of the woodwork. Confusednicker:What happened to that son of yours NotsoBADCAT? Where, oh where is Tomcat Pride?

But you just cant beat good ole JCHS cant you puddytat? Oh, your a big brave talker aint ya, too bad that year after year after year after year after year, you just cant back it up, can you big talker!!!!!!!!!.........Confusednicker:

Hey, btw, how's that little bunch of freshmen doing down there? Oh yeah, Oooops, I forgot.....haha
Pulp Fiction Wrote:It's spelled offense.

And as far as the music goes... guess you've never been to a college or pro football game.

So that's professional, as you say, over there in Johnson Co.?:biggrin::biggrin:
Leonidas Wrote:fu

lol.....ah, that Belfry class.
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=BADCAT74]Now that's funny Jcc complaing about the refs an didn't get beat because belfry was the better team but because Jcc didn't execute very well. Well that's what happens when you get beat. THE other team has alittle to do with that by playing good soilid D an scoring more points. Doesn't look like that offense is a big scary scoring machine like advertised. Which Ashland saw last week just squeaking by Ashland in it an getting beat by a good belfry team that Ashland beat few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Well lookie who just crawled out of the woodwork. Confusednicker:What happened to that son of yours NotsoBADCAT? Where, oh where is Tomcat Pride?

But you just cant beat good ole JCHS cant you puddytat? Oh, your a big brave talker aint ya, too bad that year after year after year after year after year, you just cant back it up, can you big talker!!!!!!!!!.........Confusednicker:

Hey, btw, how's that little bunch of freshmen doing down there? Oh yeah, Oooops, I forgot.....haha

This woman told me to grow up this morning........wow!!!!!!
Bob Seger Wrote:lol.....ah, that Belfry class.

Some women call lack of balls class....go figure
Does this start another 25 in row win streak for belfry?
^ Good post man.

Warren has a strong arm and can throw with some accuracy. Messer, Robinson, Huddle, and Taylor are all capable receivers. Love to see Belfry throw occasionally on 1st down, at least when field position permits. Warren has made some big throws and has had to do so in the face of intense pass rush do to obvious passing downs. Hard to argue with Coach in wanting to run the ball on early downs. That is his philosophy. But early in the game, a couple play actions on 1st down might be effective.
:popcorn:
Leonidas Wrote:So that's professional, as you say, over there in Johnson Co.?:biggrin::biggrin:

If your gonna bad mouth us or make an attempt to run your head on here.... Please use proper grammar and spelling before posting.

May I suggest typing your post in Microsoft Word to make sure all the spelling and grammar is correct.
Leonidas Wrote:[quote=Bob Seger]

This woman told me to grow up this morning........wow!!!!!!
Did your mom have to pick you up from the game? I know you didn't have a clue how to get back home, seeing that you dont know where you live to begin with.Confusednicker:
Belfry Insider Wrote:Does this start another 25 in row win streak for belfry?

Ummm... No

But on a serious note, can anybody say for sure if this game will be played next season?? Or how many games between JC and Belfry are left on the current contract?
They better play. Great game and as our fans are making it clear, no love lost.
Would you all please grow up and talk about the game that was played. This was a good game. Lets give the kids some credit. Get back on the topic at hand PLEASE.