Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin powell endorses obama
Long time republican that worked under regan and bush 41 endorses obama.
No surprise here. Powell represents the philosophy and values of the Republican Party in the same manner as Al Sharpton.
Now what do Obama and Powell have in common??

:pondering:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Now what do Obama and Powell have in common??

I believe it's the exact same thing they both have in common with Samuel L. Jackson.

They're both black????????????????
Westside Wrote:They're both black????????????????

Naw, cant be that. One is half whilte.

They both blame President Bush for their problems:truestory:
He also endorsed Obama in 2008. No surprise here.
Who is Bush 41?
LWC Wrote:Who is Bush 41?
George H. W. Bush, the 41st President of the US. George W Bush's, 43rd President's, dad.
^Makes sense, just never heard it put that way.
You guys crack me up!

You know, I always deeply respected Colin Powell and am a little surprised that he would endorse Obama again. Do you really think race is the deciding factor?
Granny Bear Wrote:You guys crack me up!

You know, I always deeply respected Colin Powell and am a little surprised that he would endorse Obama again. Do you really think race is the deciding factor?

Yep
Race should never be a factor IMO, let alone a deciding one!
Granny Bear Wrote:Race should never be a factor IMO, let alone a deciding one!

I agree Granny Bear. I believe that people should vote for the canidate that best represents their ideas and beliefs, it should not matter if a person is black, green, white, or whatever.
Sadly, i would estimate that atleast 30% if not more blacks in this country will vote for him just for that, even if they know nothing about the election, or have even heard Romneys name.
However, in the south, its hard to say many whites wont vote for Romney for the same reason.

In this case, i think its 100% the reason for Powell doing so.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Sadly, i would estimate that atleast 30% if not more blacks in this country will vote for him just for that, even if they know nothing about the election, or have even heard Romneys name.
However, in the south, its hard to say many whites wont vote for Romney for the same reason.

In this case, i think its 100% the reason for Powell doing so.
I agree with most of your posts, RIUTG, but IMO, the notion that white Southerners (and conservatives) are racists is about as valid as the hillbilly stereotypes of eastern Kentuckians. I personally witnessed more racial harmony in Jackson, MS than anywhere else that I have lived. Democrats want you to believe that racism among whites is confined to the Republican Party and the South, but you will find that racism among liberal whites in Boston alive and well.

This lie about Southerners is repeated so often by liberal Democrats that it is easy to fall victim to it. Don't let yourself become a tool of the liberals by repeating it yourself. There are whites and Republicans who are racists but they are no more likely to be racists than white Yankee Democrats. Democrats use this lie to scare people into becoming Democrats. It has been particularly effective against blacks.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree with most of your posts, RIUTG, but IMO, the notion that white Southerners (and conservatives) are racists is about as valid as the hillbilly stereotypes of eastern Kentuckians. I personally witnessed more racial harmony in Jackson, MS than anywhere else that I have lived. Democrats want you to believe that racism among whites is confined to the Republican Party and the South, but you will find that racism among liberal whites in Boston alive and well.

This lie about Southerners is repeated so often by liberal Democrats that it is easy to fall victim to it. Don't let yourself become a tool of the liberals by repeating it yourself. There are whites and Republicans who are racists but they are no more likely to be racists than white Yankee Democrats. Democrats use this lie to scare people into becoming Democrats. It has been particularly effective against blacks.
Racism is alive and well all over the country, both parties. Kentucky is a very racist state, but it isn't alone.
TheRealVille Wrote:Racism is alive and well all over the country, both parties. Kentucky is a very racist state, but it isn't alone.
Kentucky is no more or no less racist than any other state. You will find more racism among inner city blacks than anywhere else in this country.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Kentucky is no more or no less racist than any other state. You will find more racism among inner city blacks than anywhere else in this country.
I wouldn't go that far, but Kentucky is "our, this forum's" home state, hence, I used Kentucky. I thought I made it plain that racism is alive and well all over the country?
TheRealVille Wrote:I wouldn't go that far, but Kentucky is "our, this forum's" home state, hence, I used Kentucky. I thought I made it plain that racism is alive and well all over the country?
What you made plain is that you believe that Kentucky is a "very racist" state. You singled it out for that designation.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What you made plain is that you believe that Kentucky is a "very racist" state. You singled it out for that designation.
It is a very racist state. I singled it out, because well,......... I live here and see it more here. I don't live in the other 49 states.
TheRealVille Wrote:It is a very racist state. I singled it out, because well,......... I live here and see it more here. I don't live in the other 49 states.
Then you have no basis for believing it to be more or less racist than other states - or maybe you believe that we live in a very racist nation.
On a side note, after watching the weather, and Sandy being upgraded back to hurricane status, and heading for probably DC, it might be a good time for a Kentucky vacation.
TheRealVille Wrote:On a side note, after watching the weather, and Sandy being upgraded back to hurricane status, and heading for probably DC, it might be a good time for a Kentucky vacation.
Something that has surprised me the most about this area, RV, is how often our electricity and cell phone service is knocked out and how long it takes to get service restored. The utility companies in eastern Kentucky do a much better job keeping lines cleared and keeping the lights on. I expect that our power will be lost for at least a few hours early next week and there is no good excuse for it, when you consider how well the Kentucky utilities do under tougher circumstances.
TheRealVille Wrote:Racism is alive and well all over the country, both parties. Kentucky is a very racist state, but it isn't alone.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map

not even in the top 2/3 of racist/hate group states according to the Southern Poverty Law Center

Active U.S. Hate Groups

Stand Strong Against Hate

The Southern Poverty Law Center counted 1,018 active hate groups in the United States in 2011. Only organizations and their chapters known to be active during 2011 are included.
All hate groups have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics.
This list was compiled using hate group publications and websites, citizen and law enforcement reports, field sources and news reports.
Hate group activities can include criminal acts, marches, rallies, speeches, meetings, leafleting or publishing. Websites appearing to be merely the work of a single individual, rather than the publication of a group, are not included in this list. Listing here does not imply a group advocates or engages in violence or other criminal activity.
nky Wrote:http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map

not even in the top 2/3 of racist/hate group states according to the Southern Poverty Law Center

Active U.S. Hate Groups

Stand Strong Against Hate

The Southern Poverty Law Center counted 1,018 active hate groups in the United States in 2011. Only organizations and their chapters known to be active during 2011 are included.
All hate groups have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics.
This list was compiled using hate group publications and websites, citizen and law enforcement reports, field sources and news reports.
Hate group activities can include criminal acts, marches, rallies, speeches, meetings, leafleting or publishing. Websites appearing to be merely the work of a single individual, rather than the publication of a group, are not included in this list. Listing here does not imply a group advocates or engages in violence or other criminal activity.
Do all racists have beliefs, or practices that attack others?
According to the Southern Proverty Law Center -Yes
nky Wrote:According to the Southern Proverty Law Center -Yes
So, the racists that I encounter in Kentucky, that do no harm to other people, are not considered racist?
TheRealVille Wrote:So, the racists that I encounter in Kentucky, that do no harm to other people, are not considered racist?
According to Southern Poverty law Center if their not doing these activities: criminal acts, marches, rallies, speeches, meetings, leafleting or publishing. Websites appearing to be merely the work of a single individual, rather than the publication of a group, are not included in this list. Listing here does not imply a group advocates or engages in violence or other criminal activity.

I guess not. You know sticks and stones and free speech and all that good stuff.