Poll: Who wins this matchup at Somerset
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Perry County Central Commodores
29.03%
Somerset Briar Jumpers
70.97%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central @ Somerset 10/26
The 4-5 Commodores travel to Somerset to take on the 7-2 Briar Jumpers on Senior Night at the Briar Patch. Who wins and why?
Good luck to Perry in this one...hope you win and represent our distrcit well...I believe that Perry bounces back and makes a run in the playoffs...they have a really nice team.
I like Somerset's Def. in this Game, and the Off. is starting to click some. Somerset by 2 td's.
Look for Somerset to play JV and coach to get his troops healthy for the real games. With that being said Jumpers by 1 td.
No way they play jv you are crazy!
Especially with the qb situation, we need all the practice we can get
Somerset
riverdog Wrote:Look for Somerset to play JV and coach to get his troops healthy for the real games. With that being said Jumpers by 1 td.

So you're saying Somerset's JV beats PCC? Confusednicker: I'm seriously doubting that...
This will be a close game from start to finish, look for Somerset to pull away in the end. We want to be healthy for the play-offs. A win here and 8-2 season and Home Field for the Play-offs. This has been a good regular season, Now time to start the 2nd season.
PCC 32 SOMERSET 28 go perryConfusedmoke:
Cellking Wrote:This will be a close game from start to finish, look for Somerset to pull away in the end. We want to be healthy for the play-offs. A win here and 8-2 season and Home Field for the Play-offs. This has been a good regular season, Now time to start the 2nd season.

Everyone keeps saying that we have home field for the playoffs for as long as we keep winning. That isn't true. We will have home field for the first and second rounds. If we make it to the regional title game and face the #1 seed from the other district we will have to go on the road. Somerset is in District 7 and it is an even number year. If Prestonsburg comes out of the other side of the bracket they will be at home against whoever they would face in the regional finals.
I think Somerset is the better all around team, but with that said let me say this. I think Somerset had better be careful with this one. This Perry team is very unorthodox in the way they run that Offense and they give a lot of teams match up problems. They also have a lot of speed. This team put up 36 points on Johnson Central,28 on Whitley Co,and 20 on Harlan Co so they can score sometimes at will. I know the Somerset Offense has improved of late but if they let this Perry Offense get going it could be trouble. If this game turns into a score fest I don't think Somerset can score with Perry IMO.
I hope Somerset wins this game as I do each week, but not one game in the state really means anything this week. No one is playing a district opponent this week and I would guess that just about every coach in the state would rather be getting ready for the playoffs then a non-dist opponent. I know there may be a couple of districts that this weeks game could affect tie-breakers, but other than that this weeks games are tough to get ready for, IMO.

I hate having a non-district game to end the season, I much preferred having the last week of the season as a bye week. Hopefully Somerset can get schedule back to having the bye in week 10 and getting a week off to get healthy for the playoffs.
What does Perry return form last years team?
How is O and D compared to last year?
Last year we heard about PCC everyday in just about every thread even if it wasn't about PCC :lol: This year has been kinda quiet, I honestly don't know much about them this year.
They have the capablility of being a VERY dangerous team offensively.
Perry on the road they play better away from home but Somerset gets revenge in a good game Somerset 41 Perry 36. Perry at Madison Southern in the first game of the playoffs next week.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Everyone keeps saying that we have home field for the playoffs for as long as we keep winning. That isn't true. We will have home field for the first and second rounds. If we make it to the regional title game and face the #1 seed from the other district we will have to go on the road. Somerset is in District 7 and it is an even number year. If Prestonsburg comes out of the other side of the bracket they will be at home against whoever they would face in the regional finals.

I guess everyone is just assuming that Danville will beat P'burgh and we will be at Home if we keep winning. I know I'm Guilty of that. We all know what assumptions Do!!!! We just need to take care of our Side of Bracket and the other side will take care of it's self.
Jumper Dad Wrote:What does Perry return form last years team?
How is O and D compared to last year?
Last year we heard about PCC everyday in just about every thread even if it wasn't about PCC :lol: This year has been kinda quiet, I honestly don't know much about them this year.

From what I've been told, the Off. is good. Def. is suspect.
Offense isnt that bad,, defense is very suspect and gives up lots of yardage on the ground..
Somerset 28-14
Da Jumpers!!!! Perry will be competitive as long as the QB stays healthy. PCC has alot of weapons, and speed!
Somerset is big up front and I see Perry having a hard time with that.
If the Jumpers don't turn it over and make the most of their drives they will win this.
But Perry will put up enough points to keep them on their toes.

With that being said I think Somerset wins this at home.
Somerset BIG in this one. Perry's players are already getting out the basketballs.
Jumpers 22-21.
Somerset. PCC is having a down year
GetChili Wrote:Somerset. PCC is having a down year

Down year yes, but have played a good Schedule and play in good Dist. This Game should be a Good Game.
Somerset by 16
Somerset takes this one.
You think this was a down year, wait till next year when Pray, Beatty, Robinson, and several others graduate. I dont think Haddix will stick around. He likes to win.
Haddix is a good Coach. He seems to get the best out of his players. Still think Somerset Wins!!!