Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 35 Lincoln Co 14
:Thumbs:North Laurel wins on the road and has first winning season under Chris Larkey, 6 - 4. It is NLs first winning season since 2004. Way to go JAGS.:Thumbs:
Chris Larkey has reversed the fortune of North while its sister school South has went the other direction. Good job Jaguars.
Well done to the players, parents/guardians and coaching staff. Everyone comes together to start a winning tradition.
Hey Jag looks like you guys will be coming to Whitley in a couple of weeks.
colonelking69 Wrote:Hey Jag looks like you guys will be coming to Whitley in a couple of weeks.

We are getting together for this one king. We have not won against Whitley since 2004. Go JAGS.
Knew NL would take this game
JagSwag Wrote:We are getting together for this one king. We have not won against Whitley since 2004. Go JAGS.

Congrats to North on a good season and making the playoffs......unfortunately giving away the Pulaski Co game will mean that by halftime of the Whitley game, all focus will be shifted to Brad Sizemore and basketball season.
hoops_town Wrote:Congrats to North on a good season and making the playoffs......unfortunately giving away the Pulaski Co game will mean that by halftime of the Whitley game, all focus will be shifted to Brad Sizemore and basketball season.

:thatsfunnI am sorry, but, I will have to disagree with you hoops. Basketball will not be the focus at halftime this team will win this game in a convincing manner and will go on!!!:popcorn:
:boosign:hoopstown north will win this game GO NORTH FOR 64SUR:cop:
^
Confusednicker:
Spoken like a true Wburg fan...
hoops_town Wrote:Congrats to North on a good season and making the playoffs......unfortunately giving away the Pulaski Co game will mean that by halftime of the Whitley game, all focus will be shifted to Brad Sizemore and basketball season.

Why do you have such a negative attitude toward the North football team, all you have done is be negative, why do you want them to lose. All you do is say how weak schedule is, we'll South Laurel played a hard schedule and look what it got them, 1 win and last place in dist. So much for play a hard schedule to get ready for the playoffs. Corbin played a hard schedule and finished 3rd in dist, so much for that helping.
Again can't figure out what your beef is with North football, unless you are a jealous basketball fan and afraid your spotlight is being stolen.

Give those kids a break.
Congrats to North Laurel
:howdy:RUNITUPTHEGUT i'm also a north laurel fan an yes a BIG WILLIAMSBURG fan an yes Confusederved:again by the :policeman:policeman:policeman so call us for a game in 2013 OH i forgot it want help neither one of us to play one another.to far to drive 4 miles.Confusedmoke:
^
Tell ya what. Give us your recruits and we'll think about it Confusednicker:
West 80 Wrote:Why do you have such a negative attitude toward the North football team, all you have done is be negative, why do you want them to lose. All you do is say how weak schedule is, we'll South Laurel played a hard schedule and look what it got them, 1 win and last place in dist. So much for play a hard schedule to get ready for the playoffs. Corbin played a hard schedule and finished 3rd in dist, so much for that helping.
Again can't figure out what your beef is with North football, unless you are a jealous basketball fan and afraid your spotlight is being stolen.

Give those kids a break.

No beef at all, actually have some good friends at North with kids playing!! This is an opinion board......my opinion is North choked against Pulaski and it cost them a home playoff game and a good chance for a win, if you think different feel free to post it. Whitley is too physical and strong for North Laurel......again my opinion on the board of opinions.......And I think I said congatulations on a fine season and making the playoffs......so whats your beef with being the North Laurel Police??? If you really think North is going into Whitley and winning......you're nuts. Nobody on North's schedule will have them prepared for Whitley.
Go read my post under South Laurel-Madison Southern thread......I gave my opinion there also. I just tell my opinion where I feel its needed.
^
You have a right to your opinion!

Also, does anyone remember what happened when Whitley and Pulaski scrimmaged earlier this year? Whitley scored on there first 5 possesions and held PC scoreless before the JV was put in.
hoops_town Wrote:No beef at all, actually have some good friends at North with kids playing!! This is an opinion board......my opinion is North choked against Pulaski and it cost them a home playoff game and a good chance for a win, if you think different feel free to post it. Whitley is too physical and strong for North Laurel......again my opinion on the board of opinions.......And I think I said congatulations on a fine season and making the playoffs......so whats your beef with being the North Laurel Police??? If you really think North is going into Whitley and winning......you're nuts. Nobody on North's schedule will have them prepared for Whitley.
Go read my post under South Laurel-Madison Southern thread......I gave my opinion there also. I just tell my opinion where I feel its needed.

You are not making any sense claiming that North hasn't prepared themselves. They played undefeated Russell County and I think their fans will agree North was one of the better teams they've played and North actually had them beat until a costly fumble.

1 loss Wayne County, Pineville who almost beat Hazard.

North did not choke in my opinion against Pulaski County, I learned later that Norths injury to their star player cost them but either way, how does an underdog choke? Yes North had Pulaski down 21-0 but Pulaski may have freshmen but its known around these oarts that their freshmen are really juniors that are really just held back two years to win middle school championships ate northern and southern but Laurel County is not allowed to do that.
Regardless North will play Whitley a good game and not quit I'm sure cuz I have not seen hem quit in any I have watched this year, they hit and play hard unlike the majority of North teams in he 90s and 2000s.
hoops_town Wrote:No beef at all, actually have some good friends at North with kids playing!! This is an opinion board......my opinion is North choked against Pulaski and it cost them a home playoff game and a good chance for a win, if you think different feel free to post it. Whitley is too physical and strong for North Laurel......again my opinion on the board of opinions.......And I think I said congatulations on a fine season and making the playoffs......so whats your beef with being the North Laurel Police??? If you really think North is going into Whitley and winning......you're nuts. Nobody on North's schedule will have them prepared for Whitley.

It,is an opinion board, so keep your opinions to yourself. If I was your friend and had a kid playing I would quickly end my friendship with you. You seem to be the kind who sits in the stands and criticizes everything from play calling to concessions.

There are plenty of people just like you in Pulaski.
I have been saying it all year, "North Laurel is on the rise." I am proud of our football program. They have accomplished so much this year compared to earlier years. Our JV team has done very well along with the Freshman team. The middle school teams are working on their programs as well. It is hard for anyone to change the opinion of others in one year. Especially when that program has not been nothing but a sure win for their opponents over the past 10+ years.

I will say it again, "North Laurel is on the rise." Overall we have a good chance against Whitley. We should be healthy and rested with a bye week. I have no dought that Coach Larkey will have these young men prepared and ready to play.
West 80 Wrote:It,is an opinion board, so keep your opinions to yourself. If I was your friend and had a kid playing I would quickly end my friendship with you. You seem to be the kind who sits in the stands and criticizes everything from play calling to concessions.

There are plenty of people just like you in Pulaski.

LOL, So I take it your opinion is the only one that matters?? Typical......, I dont criticize near as much as you think. I just tell it like it is after the game, no matter who is playing. There's no way that North should have lost that game to Pulaski. Now looking back you tell me that loss isnt the biggest black hole in North's season, which by the way was a very good season. That complete meltdown is the difference in hosting what would be a playoff win and going to Whitley and taking a pounding. If you think different, then thats your opinion........which you can express freely just like I will continue to do!
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:You are not making any sense claiming that North hasn't prepared themselves. They played undefeated Russell County and I think their fans will agree North was one of the better teams they've played and North actually had them beat until a costly fumble.

1 loss Wayne County, Pineville who almost beat Hazard.

North did not choke in my opinion against Pulaski County, I learned later that Norths injury to their star player cost them but either way, how does an underdog choke? Yes North had Pulaski down 21-0 but Pulaski may have freshmen but its known around these oarts that their freshmen are really juniors that are really just held back two years to win middle school championships ate northern and southern but Laurel County is not allowed to do that.
Regardless North will play Whitley a good game and not quit I'm sure cuz I have not seen hem quit in any I have watched this year, they hit and play hard unlike the majority of North teams in he 90s and 2000s.

Please.......lets not beat the deadest horse in the state........HOLDBACKS......Pulaski's holdbacks are the same as North's. North and South Laurel just hold them back in the 4th or 5th grades because of ignorant Laurel rules. All are eligible as long as they're not 19 y/o before Aug. 1st of senior year.
Say whatever you want, its your opinion, but my opinion......If your up 21-0 on Pulaski in 4th qtr, no way you should lose that game, especially at home.
Confusederved:Hoops I am willing to agree to a wager on this game. I will let you make the first suggestion. There is no way this game will be decided by halftime.
I think not. North is playing their best right here on the end. The really good athletes are on the football team!
hoops_town Wrote:Please.......lets not beat the deadest horse in the state........HOLDBACKS......Pulaski's holdbacks are the same as North's. North and South Laurel just hold them back in the 4th or 5th grades because of ignorant Laurel rules. All are eligible as long as they're not 19 y/o before Aug. 1st of senior year.
Say whatever you want, its your opinion, but my opinion......If your up 21-0 on Pulaski in 4th qtr, no way you should lose that game, especially at home.
There are hold backs all over the state anymore. It would be surprising if a good team did not have a LOT hold backs as a matter of fact! So what, it levels the playing field for all the teams to do this any more!
hoops_town Wrote:Please.......lets not beat the deadest horse in the state........HOLDBACKS......Pulaski's holdbacks are the same as North's. North and South Laurel just hold them back in the 4th or 5th grades because of ignorant Laurel rules. All are eligible as long as they're not 19 y/o before Aug. 1st of senior year.
Besides....anyone can have an off night, that was early on in the season. Bottom line, NL finished up with a winning season in the play offs. Congratulations, to Larkey & Company for a job well done this year. Young team, looking forward to watching them in the future as well!
Qtr Back Wrote:Besides....anyone can have an off night, that was early on in the season. Bottom line, NL finished up with a winning season in the play offs. Congratulations, to Larkey & Company for a job well done this year. Young team, looking forward to watching them in the future as well!

Lol, It was week 7 not early in the season and North Laurel was clearly 'on' for 3 qtrs. Just didnt finish the job in a game they should have. The young thing has been said now for the last 3 seasons. The keys guys for North are juniors getting ready to play in the playoffs.....far from young. Look, North Laurel is a good team, could be even better next season, Nelson is a great athlete. My opinion from watching both Whitley and North a couple of times this season, is that Whitley is clearly stronger and much much more physical than North Laurel . The only way North can stay in this game with
Whitley will be if Nelson can bust a few big runs for TD's. If that dont happen, this game will be very lopsided.
Qtr Back Wrote:There are hold backs all over the state anymore. It would be surprising if a good team did not have a LOT hold backs as a matter of fact! So what, it levels the playing field for all the teams to do this any more!

I agree, HG Bullfrogs made the comment that Pulaski's freshmen were actually juniors but they heldback 2 yrs. Everyteam has holdbacks.....even North Laurel. Its no big deal, it all equals out in high school anyway.
JagSwag Wrote:Confusederved:Hoops I am willing to agree to a wager on this game. I will let you make the first suggestion. There is no way this game will be decided by halftime.

We both predict the final score, who gets closest wins. You name the wager. We meet at Whitley before the game, maybe get Runitupthegut to hold the wager until after the game. Since he will for sure be there too. What you think?? Have better idea let me know.
hoops_town Wrote:LOL, So I take it your opinion is the only one that matters?? Typical......, I dont criticize near as much as you think. I just tell it like it is after the game, no matter who is playing. There's no way that North should have lost that game to Pulaski. Now looking back you tell me that loss isnt the biggest black hole in North's season, which by the way was a very good season. That complete meltdown is the difference in hosting what would be a playoff win and going to Whitley and taking a pounding. If you think different, then thats your opinion........which you can express freely just like I will continue to do!

No my opinion isn't all that matters.
It was a big loss as it turns out for North, but things like that happen.

You may call it the way you see it but it don't mean you know what's going on out there. Easy to criticize and point fingers from the stands.
Congrats to Chris Larkey and his team and coaches....it just shows you that winning is in the blood of the Larkey's....we are so fortunate to have his dad as our coach....good luck Jags in the playoffs.