Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
61.36%
Russell County
38.64%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County @ Knox Central 10/19
The above is from the KCPS website.
It's good to see the community getting behind the Panthers and their success. As a graduate of Knox Central I take a lot of pride in what this team has accomplished. In fact, I feel connected to this team because most of these young men's parents were my classmates. As a child growing up in Barbourville I couldn't wait for Friday nights. There weren't too many times that we had the kind of team that could challenge for the district, but the fans were always behind the program.....Mountain Football. These Panthers are giving the fans the kind of season they've been wanting since the early 70s.

On any other Friday I would be cheering for the Panthers, but my ties to the Lakers take precedence and this week I'm hoping for the Lakers to prevail. No matter which way this game goes, these are two teams that are providing their schools and fans with the best season in their histories, and these players should take a lot of pride in what they've done. As much as I've looked forward to this game, I can't wait to see what these two teams can do in the playoffs. Good luck to everyone tomorrow, and lets play again in a few weeks.

Go Lakers!!!!!!!
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:It is possible but more likely to be blocked then missing it.. i was just stating my prediction... Right :Thumbs:

I wish knox the best! Bring back your first district title...:please:

If some one tries to block this kids kick they might lose a finger or an arm.

Also to the post above about food. There is a Restaurant called Bubbys Buffet off the 2nd Corbin exit that I would highly recommend.

Its cool that the county is getting behind this Knox team. That is awesome. I wish both teams good luck. Regardless of who wins I hope all players emerge healthy. I have to work this friday so I am going to miss it but maybe I can catch a rematch in 4 or so weeks.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Been waiting all year for this game! Now it is just a couple days away! From reading everyone's post and predictions I understand that we are going into a "hostile" environment as an underdog in the eyes of most. I would hope that the only hostile things that take place are the hits between two very good and physical teams. I hope Knox has the biggest crowd in their schools history there cheering on their very good team. I expect Laker Nation to travel well to a game that is the biggest regular season game in school history. It ought be a lot of fun. Lets hope that both teams can walk off the field and all fans can walk out of the stadium saying that they saw two of the best teams in the state give their all in a fairly called game both teams understanding just how good the other team is...all the while pledging to do everything they can to meet again in four weeks for a regional title. I can't pick against my Lakers...RC 24 - KC 21 Williams wins it with a late field goal.

Recent History.

Trust me, the Lakers have played in some games with just as much on the line back in the late 70's and early 80's.
[QUOTE=daybowbow;

Something a lot of people don't realize is the offensive line for Russell Co. goes about 9 deep.[/QUOTE]:lame:

WOW!!! Your tell me that you go 9 deep in every position on the line??? thats more than any NFL or NCAA team you guys must dress like 175-200 players. How do you find numbers for all those players??? :lmao:
-
Knox Central is the best defensive team and Canady is the best defensive player I have seen this year, while Russell County has the best offensive team and kicking game. In close, championship games special teams are very important. (Russell will need to keep the ball away from Evans on special teams!)
-
The biggest factor in the game is tradition. Neither team has won a district title and this is a game on which tradition will be built. Both teams are senior dominated and the team that has the most seniors step up their game will be a champion.
-
The loser of this game will host the Boyle, Mercer loser. That will be a great game as well, but don't get your hopes up about winning a region.
-
My two favorite places to eat would be David's Steakhouse (first Corbin exit) and Hillbillys (a Barbouville transplant) on exit two. To get to David's turn left and go under I-75 and turn at the Pilot station. To get to Hillbillys turn right towards the Falls and look left. Davids had the tradition steak while Hillbillys is more country grubb. From Hillbillys you can use the Corbin Bypass to get to US 25.....
-
If you are a fan of either team and are thinking about going, don't hesitate and go. Games like this are rare and are talked about for years. YOU want to be a part of history! Enjoy yourself and may the BEST TEAM win.
-
PS. A warning to Panther fans. This Russell County team has worked hard during the offseason and it shows!
-
^
Man, i think your passing up better eating oppertunies than Davids and Hillbillys.
yes this is a big game for both team but the panther's have played in big games before,, the Panther Nation can remember the region championship game in 2010 when we lost to a very good Bell that year. an there is alot of player still here from that team they know what its like to play in a big game and will help the younger players along the way. this Panther team have had their eyes on the prize all year and have worked hard for this moment since last winter now it is time for them to show the world that hard work dedication, sacrifice can payoff!!! the coaches and players have worked their butts of for this moment and they are ready to shine!!! GOOD LUCK PANTHER'S!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Man, i think your passing up better eating oppertunies than Davids and Hillbillys.

I agree there is alot better places in Corbin that those places (Applebies,Dino's,The Depot,Eldrodo's,Basils just to name a few) Hillbilly's would be the last place I would go(food is nasty not even close to country grubb more like country blahh IMO) Davids is good but on fridays that place will be packed. also Cracker Barrel, and Sonny's are good places to eat
I will say this , I think Knox wins at home but Russell puts you in a bind with field position every time Russell kicks off -Knox will have to go 80 yards to score.
panther nation Wrote:WOW!!! Your tell me that you go 9 deep in every position on the line???

Given your grammar it's not surprising that you struggle with comprehension also. There are 5 positions on the line and around 9 that swap in and out a decent amount of time.
catscards Wrote:-
Knox Central is the best defensive team and Canady is the best defensive player I have seen this year, while Russell County has the best offensive team and kicking game. In close, championship games special teams are very important. (Russell will need to keep the ball away from Evans on special teams!)
-
The biggest factor in the game is tradition. Neither team has won a district title and this is a game on which tradition will be built. Both teams are senior dominated and the team that has the most seniors step up their game will be a champion.
-
The loser of this game will host the Boyle, Mercer loser. That will be a great game as well, but don't get your hopes up about winning a region.
-
My two favorite places to eat would be David's Steakhouse (first Corbin exit) and Hillbillys (a Barbouville transplant) on exit two. To get to David's turn left and go under I-75 and turn at the Pilot station. To get to Hillbillys turn right towards the Falls and look left. Davids had the tradition steak while Hillbillys is more country grubb. From Hillbillys you can use the Corbin Bypass to get to US 25.....
-
If you are a fan of either team and are thinking about going, don't hesitate and go. Games like this are rare and are talked about for years. YOU want to be a part of history! Enjoy yourself and may the BEST TEAM win.
-
PS. A warning to Panther fans. This Russell County team has worked hard during the offseason and it shows!
-

actually im a laker, and we had some good teams when i played, won district in 93 this year i think there better than us in 93 though.
panther nation Wrote:yes this is a big game for both team but the panther's have played in big games before,, the Panther Nation can remember the region championship game in 2010 when we lost to a very good Bell that year. an there is alot of player still here from that team they know what its like to play in a big game and will help the younger players along the way. this Panther team have had their eyes on the prize all year and have worked hard for this moment since last winter now it is time for them to show the world that hard work dedication, sacrifice can payoff!!! the coaches and players have worked their butts of for this moment and they are ready to shine!!! GOOD LUCK PANTHER'S!!!!

KC has played in some big games in the past the one that still sticks out in my mine is the 2008 Regional Championship game that we lost to Bell 14-19 right in the end of the game it was one of the best games I have ever watched and I hope the RC - KC game will be like that one, only with a win for KC
What time does is this game scheduled to start?
7 :30 eastern time.
WOW! What a slobber knocker we have here! I really wish I could go to this game but, I won't be able to! Should be a great game but, IMO Knox Central has played the tougher schedule and they're at home so I definitely think they will win this one!

Knox Central - 17

Russell Co. - 7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Im gonna be there for this battle, u can bet that, and im going over early and eat a homed cooked meal with friends of ours in knox co. out by whitley co. line, havent seen them in awhile, now thats a good country kitchen. well im gonna take my lakers by 10 late, think it will come late back and forth most of the game,cant wait,i bet it will be packed.
Drove through Barbourville around 5 a.m. this morning on my way to Harlan County.

LOVE the signs!! Great idea......
The last time I was at Knox Central was a few years ago for a regional track meet. I don't remember them having seating on both sides of the field at that time. Is this like Russell County where there is only seating on the one side?

Also, when I was there last, there was a large poster on the fence in remembrance of Mark Canady. Mark was one of, if not thee best athlete to ever attend Knox Central. He went on to proudly represent the Panther Nation at EKU. He was one heck of an athlete, and an even better person. He would be extremely proud of this panther team and would likely be one of the biggest fans if he were with us today. I may be dressed in red come tonight, but just like several of you in the Blue & Gold, he will be there spiritually. If it hasn't been done so to this point, I strongly urge the Panther Nation to have this field named in his honor.

Good Luck to both teams tonight!
Yes, it is one sided seating.
When we were there a few weeks ago, Mark Canady's name was spread all over the place, as well it should be.
I'm not sure if the field is dedicated to him or not, it sure seemed like he was well remembered and respected.
Granny Bear Wrote:Yes, it is one sided seating.
When we were there a few weeks ago, Mark Canady's name was spread all over the place, as well it should be.
I'm not sure if the field is dedicated to him or not, it sure seemed like he was well remembered and respected.

That's good to hear. His family deserves to see him honored. I had the good fortune of growing up with him and his brothers. When I was a kid his mom was like a second mother to me. Their back yard was our childhood football & baseball field most of the time. A great family and the foundation that produces young men like Hayden and Jeffery.
What a wonderful testimony to a deserving family, laker20!
I couldn't agree more!!

If we weren't playing a district game, I'd love to see this one!
Russell by 6
Believe ill drive to bville for this one.
I dont want to go to Whitesburg, so this may be fine.
Knox Central by 7

Hoping both teams have a good game
and an injury free game for both teams.
Whitley County is not an AVERAGE team.
Since I can't make it to this game tonight, could someone please keep me updated throughout the game? It would be greatly appreciated!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
This is my friday night game 64sur will be there go knox :1:Confusedmoke:
If my service is good, I'll do my best to provide game updates.
Turnovers may prove to be the difference in this game. Both teams are among the highest in the state:

Knox Central has 13 Ints & 7 Fumble recoveries through 8 games
Russell County has 14 Ints & 10 Fumble recoveries through 8 games

That translates into a lot of extra possessions for two high powered offenses. I believe the team that does the best job taking care of the ball comes out on top during this game.

Russell Co 38
Knox Central 27