Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Middlesboro 10/18
Go tan man get it done leave it all on the field believe in your receivers and o- line
Norm Peterson Wrote:I don't think there is enough of a sample size to declare that the offense will be fixed by changing quarterbacks. I know that the backup provided a spark off of the bench Friday and looked pretty good in limited action in other games. However, I'd like to make a couple of points. Friday's game is really the only one in which he had to take any snaps with a lot of game pressure on him. Most of the other ones have come in mop up duty. Secondly, LCA most likely didn't have any game film of him going against other starting defenses and hadn't gameplanned for him. That will change as teams get to look at him and the Somerset offense with him at quarterback. They will be more prepared for the looks that he gives them.

All of your points are very true, however I think that LCA showed future teams how to stop the Jumpers. Control the line of scrimmage, put 10 in the box and see if Gadberry can beat you. Last Friday night IMO Somerset wouldn't have won if not for Hatcher. I agree that LCA probably wasn't prepared for Hatcher and if so would've been much more prepared. What Hatcher prevents is a quality team being able to lay back and fill the box. His time against LCA was no doubt full of pressure with the team being down and home field advantage on the line. Hatcher will be able to spread the field more and give the RB's more of an opportunity to run.
Notice how the running game couldn't get a thing bc line was crammed
I hit wrong button I believe the record is 6 and 2 not 8 and 2. Good luck bring home the ring as a team not a one or two man show.
Let's hope that all of the Somerset players do not overlook Middlesboro in anyway because they looked impressive against Danville. This will be Senior Night for the Yellowjackets and this will be their biggest game of the year IMO. With that said, Somerset's defense SHOULD be able to contain Middlesboro's O. I will be interested to see who they choose to go with on offense. Either way, I expect to see them hitting on all cylinders.

Somerset - 35

Middlesboro - 7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
fan or not Wrote:I believe that the Somerset record is 8 and 2 so why would anyone want to change any key players at this point in the season. [/B][/B][/B]Somerset is a team that I watched grow and mature for 6 years and this group and coaching staff knows how to get it done. Let's all sit back watch and enjoy. I want make it to next game will watch my other grand child but best of luck and come back with a win

Well the truth of the matter is who wants to "sit back and enjoy" when it's not AS enjoyable as it could be. We're not picking on anyone to be mean its just sports. The best player should play when the situation calls for it. Unfortunately you don't win games by "seniority".

I'm all about supporting the kids, their morale, and success OR failures but winning is winning and I think we've seen a glimpse of the way to do that. I guarantee this isn't the first season or only school that there has been a discussion like this. Coaches are loyal (as they should be) to their players that have worked hard for them for years BUT the bottom line is somerset would not have won the game Friday if that switch hadn't been made

It's just what happened. No avoiding it. No ignoring it. We're fans that like to win. No apologies.
fan or not Wrote:I will back for the last home game of regular season against perry central need to have paybacks on this game for the lost there last year go briar jumpers

(Just want to follow suit with your fashion of multiple posts) not to be a bit aggressive... I apologize for this in advance... You're not fooling anyone that you're not a somerset fan... And more than likely at every game. And as you should be they are fun, energetic, and great team to watch. Have some fun, relax and talk strategy with us. Plenty of our own have been critiqued in the last and I guarantee they're fine now. They're boys, it's football, and this is a competitive game.
Somerset will win this game
playtowin Wrote:(Just want to follow suit with your fashion of multiple posts) not to be a bit aggressive... I apologize for this in advance... You're not fooling anyone that you're not a somerset fan... And more than likely at every game. And as you should be they are fun, energetic, and great team to watch. Have some fun, relax and talk strategy with us. Plenty of our own have been critiqued in the last and I guarantee they're fine now. They're boys, it's football, and this is a competitive game.

The QB from last year got criticized plenty for his throwing ability, trust me, i know. Confusednicker:
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:The QB from last year got criticized plenty for his throwing ability, trust me, i know. Confusednicker:

The qb from last year couldn't throw, couldn't run, couldn't punt, kickoff, kick ep's... And to top it off he was from Iowa! Tongue you are still missed as our best utility player Alex!
But in all seriousness we want Somerset to win it all this year so we expect a lot.

Somerset 24, Middlesboro 7
JumperPride1 Wrote:The qb from last year couldn't throw, couldn't run, couldn't punt, kickoff, kick ep's... And to top it off he was from Iowa! Tongue you are still missed as our best utility player Alex!

iowa born, kentucky raised. :rockon:
Somerset
I don't care who play's QB. I don't care who he tosses it to( as long as it's a Somerset Player) and I don't care what the Score is as long as Somerset Wins. The QB has to make plays and the Receivers has to make plays and Somerset will Win. GO Jumpers.
Middlesboro plays in a very difficult district.
first Wrote:middlesboro plays in a very difficult district.

what????????
I agree Middlesboro plays in District with Somerset, Danville and Lex. Christian. Very little room to move up.
Noone has put up many points on Somerset this year, and I don't think Middlesboro will be any exception to that. I saw the Hatcher kid play last year and in the post season for KY last year, he is going to be a force to reckon with in the future, if not this year. The Somerset coaches should get him in this year and he could be a major contributor next year. Hatcher and the Mills kid from Whitley Co are two of the most talented freshmen I have seen in many years. Playing time makes every athlete better, and with the skills these two have, they will be all-state maybe in their JR season and not just their SR year. Love to see kids with a feel for the game, and see the disappointment on their face when they lose. You have to be passionate about it to get the most out of it.

Somerset rolls in this one 28-7.
To Fan or not

This is not little league football where everyone plays and everyone gets a hug and a trophy. This is high school football playing for a state championship. You play the best players that give you the most chance to win. You dont worry about hurting feelings.
Has Middlesboro completely changed their offense this year? Last year they were spread and had a called pass play it seemed like 75% of the time. Roark scrambled or got sacked a lot off of those pass plays so im sure it evened out. Heard they ran the ball almost every play now.
Somerset
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:Has Middlesboro completely changed their offense this year? Last year they were spread and had a called pass play it seemed like 75% of the time. Roark scrambled or got sacked a lot off of those pass plays so im sure it evened out. Heard they ran the ball almost every play now.

They still spread it out, but run a lot of iso stuff along with the pass. Don't think this kid passes as well as Roark.
Somerset wins a close one...
To grey goose I don't think I said anything about feelings if you are talking about me. Please post me if you want to give tan the man a hug I would live to see that. This isn't daddy ball either. The jumpers should play as a team and with pride without daddy's and explayers involving putting other players down to better their own that's all I'm saying. But please let me know if you are going to give that big boy a hug!
I have no doubt that this team will only lean on each other no matter what outsiders, daddy's and explayers want to post about certain players on the team my hope is that they do not read the garbage and continue to win and take us to the big dance.
Not, IMO.
Cellking Wrote:I agree Middlesboro plays in District with Somerset, Danville and Lex. Christian. Very little room to move up.

Agreed. We always have a descent team, but an awful record.. We have played and lost to Bourbon County, Bell County, Danville, Lexington Christian, and Morgan County.

Our only wins are against Hancock County(TN), Harlan, and Shelby Valley.. But that is still better than last year.

Anyways, I actually don't see us beating Somerset, but I will root for the Jackets anyways and be a loyal fan.
[Image:

]
fan or not Wrote:To grey goose I don't think I said anything about feelings if you are talking about me. Please post me if you want to give tan the man a hug I would live to see that. This isn't daddy ball either. The jumpers should play as a team and with pride without daddy's and explayers involving putting other players down to better their own that's all I'm saying. But please let me know if you are going to give that big boy a hug!

How are we trying to better our own? The only thing we want better is the team, I'm not related to Hatcher and i dont think there is anyone related to Hatcher in somerset other than father time himself and his wife.
fan or not Wrote:I have no doubt that this team will only lean on each other no matter what outsiders, daddy's and explayers want to post about certain players on the team my hope is that they do not read the garbage and continue to win and take us to the big dance.

Who else would post on here besides outsiders daddy's and explayers? Im pretty sure that makes up 99% of this website.
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:Who else would post on here besides outsiders daddy's and explayers? Im pretty sure that makes up 99% of this website.

Ex-Coaches make up the other 1%