Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
30.19%
Johnson Central
69.81%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Johnson Central 10/19
Ashland Blazer 3-1-0 Johnson Central 4-0-0
Records against common opponents. Only loss is Ashland to Ironton.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

cuppett777 Wrote:i have no dog in this fight,but for a so called grow up to call a KID names, is not so grow up himself, thats whats wrong with this world,no wonder the KIDS do the same thing, they learn from the so called adults...
That's exactly right , you dont have a dog in it.

Do you know what sarcasm is cuppett? This aint no kid. But it sure was nice of you to butt into the conversation with your 2 cents about something you dont know anything about.. Perhaps you should just worry more about Belfry than Johnson Central or Ashland since you dont have a clue about what you're sticking your nose into here..
This and the Highlands threads are the best reads every year...LOL!

Can't wait til Friday! I could really careless what the weather will be like!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Do-double-gg Wrote:Tomca.t Pride,you sir are a douche. This will be a very good,close game that could go either way. If the Johnson Central team of last year was a one man show then I think the one man was the O line. Do you think JJ could do all he did without a good line? That line was young last year and they are very good this year as you are about to find out. I hope your D line is up to the task!

The line on both sides of the ball is virtually the same for Ashland. The same one that dominated both sides of the ball last year. An they too have another year under there belts. The difference will be IMO if jcc has the ability to pass the ball, an switch it up to keep the Ashland Defense honest. If no passing game I don't see them having a lot of success getting it in the endzone.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:You are a joke, and I hope this post finds its way to the JC locker room wall.

If you need bulletin board material to get up for this game then you don't need to be playing in it. A championship is at stake that is enough motivation in itself
Bob Seger Wrote:Naw, he's not worked his way up to that status yet. Based on the way he acts, if I had to guess, he's probably about 14 years old and is either NotsoBADCAT's kid or a close relative. He's never been anything else but a little prick kid ever since he started posting on here.

I cannot personally speak to tomcat prides age. But I can say his opinions do not reflect the attitude of the Ashland Coaches,players,and most fans. It is a passionate rivalry fueled by a extreme desire to win,some controversial calls( missed field goal/illegal participation) a gut wrenching playoff loss(2006) and two great coaching staffs who always have there teams prepared. There is much respect for the JC program even if there isn't much love. Malik Massey said after the game on Friday that this is the game he has been waiting for his whole career. So you know JC has earned our respect and attentio. And the tomcats have earned there's.
JC wins 42 to 21 , alot of people have underated this JC group but they are a solid team . If they don't make turnovers and penalties everyone will be shocked with the score at eagle field. They remind me of the 2008 team.
BADCAT74 Wrote:The line on both sides of the ball is virtually the same for Ashland. The same one that dominated both sides of the ball last year. An they too have another year under there belts. The difference will be IMO if jcc has the ability to pass the ball, an switch it up to keep the Ashland Defense honest. If no passing game I don't see them having a lot of success getting it in the endzone.

I think JC can pass anytime they want and will when they choose too! I don't see the ACC line dominating as much as you :ape:think!!
If Ashland contains the big plays.
Ashland 32 JC 28 in a battle for the ages.
I like Johnson Central by 1 td in a very physical game.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:So go ahead and tell us cricket which one is your little baby boy that didnt get to play because of Jude. Face the facts Johnson Central was a one man show and Matney knew it. I cant wait until Friday.

Don't have a kid playing but a friend om mine does. YOU WILL MEET HIM SOON ENOUGH!!!!
Armchair QB Wrote:JC's freshmen class has seen Baker for 2 years in Middle School. I could comment further, but I'll leave it at that.

How did he perform in those games. I honestly don't expect much out of him this Friday. He is a phenomenal player. But he is coming off a injury and this is his first game back. Second he is only a freshman and while the lights haven't been too bright for him so far this season, this will be a huge stage for the freshman. For the third week in a row I expect Malik Massey to make some huge plays. He is playing like a senior that doesn't want to go home soon. The defense should make some good plays as well.
Ashland 29 Johnson,Cent 20.
I'm going with JC.
Bob Seger Wrote:Naw, he's not worked his way up to that status yet. Based on the way he acts, if I had to guess, he's probably about 14 years old and is either NotsoBADCAT's kid or a close relative. He's never been anything else but a little prick kid ever since he started posting on here.

They are just mad that they are 1-4 in the last 5 years against JC, Every year they do the same stuff on here then get beat in the real game. Iv never figured out their superiority complex towards JC as of late they have been dominated by the eagles. Like I have said many times on here I dont like JC for obvious reasons but I will cheer for them over ashland any day of the week.
johnson central
If I'm not mistaken, the winner will end up playing CovCath at home while the loser will end up playing FTH at Fort Thomas. Both would likely lose but the former is sure a better situation than the latter.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the winner will end up playing CovCath at home while the loser will end up playing FTH at Fort Thomas. Both would likely lose but the former is sure a better situation than the latter.
Yup. I assume your district is highlands,Cov Cath,Holmes,and Harrison as far as order of finish
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:How did he perform in those games. I honestly don't expect much out of him this Friday. He is a phenomenal player. But he is coming off a injury and this is his first game back. Second he is only a freshman and while the lights haven't been too bright for him so far this season, this will be a huge stage for the freshman. For the third week in a row I expect Malik Massey to make some huge plays. He is playing like a senior that doesn't want to go home soon. The defense should make some good plays as well.

He is a good player, no question about it. I was responding to your resident troll who was acting like he was going to walk in and shock everyone.
The game I have been waiting for all year. We were the better team last year but decided not to show up for some reason. That loss has stuck in our communities stomach since last year and it's time to pay the piper. You are going to see a good football game but I think we will be on a mission come friday night.

JC-35
Ashland-21

GO EAGLES!!!! Bring home the District!!! :1:
Armchair QB Wrote:He is a good player, no question about it. I was responding to your resident troll who was acting like he was going to walk in and shock everyone.

He just may. Much like JJ Jude the kid has that big game factor about him. But I still think he is only a freshman. And this JC defense did a very good job against Canady from Knox and Lewis from Ironton both of which t this point are better players than baker. By the time baker gets to be a senior he will have surpassed both players I think bht that has not effect on Friday night. Quinton will be nice to have back and will force your defense to respect him. Still other players like Elam,Massey, and Salow step up. I know the defense will show up they always do. I question whether the offense can consistently score enough to win this football game.
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:The game I have been waiting for all year. We were the better team last year but decided not to show up for some reason. That loss has stuck in our communities stomach since last year and it's time to pay the piper. You are going to see a good football game but I think we will be on a mission come friday night.

JC-35
Ashland-21

GO EAGLES!!!! Bring home the District!!! :1:
Don't get me Wrong but everyone knew Ashland was a little up and JC was a little down last year. That being said I wouldn't be surprised by either team winning this game. Should be a dandy.
Has Ashland played any games on Artificial Turf this season? I think this is one aspect of this game that is being over looked. I think the Artifical playing surface adds to JC's homefield advantage.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Has Ashland played any games on Artificial Turf this season? I think this is one aspect of this game that is being over looked. I think the Artifical playing surface adds to JC's homefield advantage.

None that I know of. Other than maybe GW since I didn't make it to that game. Maybe someone else can answer. But I don't think it will have a impact as the helps speed which Ashland has plenty of.
Ashland fans best chance at a win is for Elam to make some big plays to Massey and company in the passing game.

I haven't seen JC play, so I really can't even pick it.
No Ashland has not played on turf thus year.
Boy, can't wait for this game! This is the game both teams look for each year. Tradition-rich Ashland and new powerhouse JC, hitting hard and making unbelievable plays every game since they have returned as district rivals!!!

I rarely post on here except for great threads and the occasional game pick competitions, but I absolutely love this rivalry and all the tension on the threads! lol

Good luck to both teams and praying safety first in this slobber-knocker of a game!

Go Eagles!!!!!!!
Even though Ashland is the defending district champion they are a underdog in this game because the game is at JC and on turf. I am expecting a very good game and a battle of wits between two very good High School football coachs. I am not sure if Ashland is running the same Spread System as I have seen them run in past seasons. What impressed me the most about JC when I saw them vs Ironton was how deep the backfield is. The Young and Belcher kids really impressed me.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I'm guessing you're a Johnson Central graduate. I'm sure they're proud of your spelling.

Hey, T Pride. Before you start throwing darts, you best go back and read your post #40..... I assume you went to Ashland....
honestjchsfan Wrote:Even though Ashland is the defending district champion they are a underdog in this game because the game is at JC and on turf. I am expecting a very good game and a battle of wits between two very good High School football coachs. I am not sure if Ashland is running the same Spread System as I have seen them run in past seasons. What impressed me the most about JC when I saw them vs Ironton was how deep the backfield is. The Young and Belcher kids really impressed me.
The tomcats are much more balanced on offense they will spread your out. But they are a lot more physical than years past.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next