Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co 40 - Whitley Co 13
The Harlan County Black Bears 40 Whitley County Colonels 13 Final Score in a big District matchup. The Black Bears travel to Perry County Central next week. Go Black Bears.
Wow. Very surprised at the score. Nevertheless, congrats Black bears.
Whitley County had 50 years rushing for the night. Good defense.
Congrats Black Bears!
[Image:

]
Wow !!! Can't wait to hear RUTGs excuse.
No excuses tonight WC just got their A @@ es kicked lol can't wait till Bell County! Oh yes its a coming it's a coming l
In my best OutKast voice, I'm sorry Ms. Jackson, the Black Bears are for real!
HugyBear Wrote:No excuses tonight WC just got their A @@ es kicked lol can't wait till Bell County! Oh yes its a coming it's a coming l

Stop!!

Let's win the district first, then we can go there. Let's all stay focused. (I know... It's hard on us fans. LOL)

Great win!!!! Huge! Just what we needed. Whitley Co. Is a tough football team and no doubt we will meet again. But, as for tonight, the Bears flat out played ball.
Thought it would be closer.
Harlan County received the first kick off of the game, and three plays later they scored. Whitley County received the next kick off, and during that first series of downs, they fumbled. HC recovered that fumble and on the next play, scored. The defense was amazing, and I can't tell you how proud I am of the Black Bears, as they dug deep without their starting quarter back, and played as hard as they could!!

Whitley County is a tough team, and Boss Bryant seemed to be in on every play both offensively and defensively. Mills is the real deal, and the future of Whitley Co looks bright.

Tonight; however, belonged to the Black Bears!!

Congrats Bears, and on to PCC!!!
Mama Bear Wrote:Stop!!

Let's win the district first, then we can go there. Let's all stay focused. (I know... It's hard on us fans. LOL)

Great win!!!! Huge! Just what we needed. Whitley Co. Is a tough football team and no doubt we
will meet again. But, as for
tonight, the Bears flat out played

ball.

Alright sorry just couldn't help! I
agree let's go win next week!
Harlan County Sports: Football: District showdown turns into blowout by Bears

Friday, October 12
District showdown turns into blowout by Bears

Whitley County 7 6 0 0 — 13
Harlan County 19 15 6 0 — 40

HC — Middleton 6 run (WIlson kick)
HC — Long 73 punt return (kick failed)
HC — Middleton 12 run (run failed)
WC — Mills 27 pass from Ysidro (Conlin kick)
HC — Middleton 1 run (Wilson kick)
WC — Bryant 3 run (run failed)
HC — Middleton 1 run (WIlson run)
HC — Bailey 1 run (kick failed)

WCHS HCHS
First downs 9 19

Rushes-yards 38-50 53-340

Passing 82 0

Comp-Att-Int 3-5-0 0-1-0

Punts-Avg 0-0 4-39

Fumbles-Lost 1-1 1-1

Penalties-Yards 6-27 5-45

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—Whitley County, Bryant 11-33, Mills 9-27, Jackson 2-6, Hooper 2-0, Ysidro 13-(-4). Harlan County, Middleton 20-136, Long 9-70, WIlson 6-65, Chitwood 6-32, T. Lewis 4-23, Bailey 4-9, H. Lewis 3-4, Huff 1-1.

PASSING—Whitley County, Ysidro 2-4-0-77, Mills 1-1-0-5. Harlan County, Bailey 0-1-0-0.

RECEIVING—Whitley County, Mills 2-77, Ysidro 1-5.
I am not surprised one bit...
Seems like every year the black bears are underrated going into the season..
And then they kick the teeth out of the opponent..
Congrats Black Bears, knew you had it in ya!!
HugyBear Wrote:No excuses tonight WC just got their A @@ es kicked lol can't wait till Bell County! Oh yes its a coming it's a coming l
you know we hear that every year
Sounds like the Colonels are gonna have a sore rump from having it run up...
Not even gonna go there, you guys get it.. lol
Harlan Co vs Bell with be the superbowl of the mountains.
You know, you don't have Mr. Hilton anymore right?
I wouldn't get too cocky or else the same thing that happened to Whitley could happen to you.
Before I left the house tonight I got the song ..."In the Air Tonight" in my head. I posted that phrase on the pre-game thread and downloaded the song from iTunes and listened to it about 10 times before the game.

I guess it really was "in the air"!

I think this qualifies for an EMERGENCY ROOM AFTERNOON! I'm talking a HOSPITAL KINDA HURT :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
Ballers Wrote:I am not surprised one bit...
Seems like every year the black bears are underrated going into the season..
And then they kick the teeth out of the opponent..
Congrats Black Bears, knew you had it in ya!!

You called it Ballers. Besides Harlan County fans, you were one of very few people to pick the Bears.
Sorry Gut, but I called this one and I think this makes me 9 weeks in a row on the game of the week in football pick'em.
Ballers Wrote:Harlan Co vs Bell with be the superbowl of the mountains.
You know, you don't have Mr. Hilton anymore right?
I wouldn't get too cocky or else the same thing that happened to Whitley could happen to you.
yeah we hear that too it gets real quiet on saturday you know i did hear something about hilton leaving around the start of the season
i hear they are just getting by without him but he did let them keep the school colors and mascot and even the school so we will just give it our best shot
Wow! Congrats, Black Bears!
riverdog Wrote:Wow !!! Can't wait to hear RUTGs excuse.

No excuses here, and unless you havent noticed in your 78 post era, i dont make excuses.

We got our ass kicked. Plain and simple.

Harlan County's d-line absoloutly dominated tonight. They were hitting our backs as soon as the ball was snapped.

I honestly thought this would have been a great game, but we failed to get off the bus. 3 plays score. fumble score. punt return score. Ball game.

It was over in the first quarter. I left and came home to watch big blue madness.

I dont know if this was the best HC has played this year, but it would have to be close. They werent giving an inch, and this is quite the embarrassment to these kids.

Good news is, i still believe we are the second best team in the region like ive been saying all year long. We will get another shot in Novemeber.
I wouldnt look past Perry to Bell though. Remember if Perry upsets you, Whitley will win the tie breaker most likely, and its possible. The very few times we did throw tonight, a couple of them went for huge yards and youll see that all night long against Perry.

Whitley needs to come out strong next week and beat Letcher handidly.
Then a home matchup against Boyle will be no easy task. Hopefully this was a wakeup call and these lineman do some thinking this week.

Whitley is better than this....
BTW if the hit Cole Wilson put on Boston Bryant doesn't qualify for a....sometimes you just got to blow it up highlight...I've never seen one that does.....OUCH!
This was one of the best games I've seen HC play all year. AND, it would be stupid to look past PCC. Do that and you're setting the team up to lose. PCC is where our concentration should be until we play that game!!!

I couldn't believe the hit Cole put on Boss..wow!! You could hear it up where you were sitting Bear Paw!
So Proud of the Harlan County Black Bears and their Filthy Animals!!!
Big District Win...GOOD JOB BEARS!!!!!

Celebrate good times..WooHoo!!!

:letsparty
Looks like Harlan Co and Bell Co are playing their best ball right now just in time for the post season. The game of the week and IMO the year in the mountains is on Oct 26th in Harlan County.:Thumbs:
Wow. Congrats Black Bears. You hung 40 points on Whitley and only ATTEMPTED one pass. That is just flat physical domination.
I would like to know how many tackles we missed tonight.
It might have broken a record. Middleton just shook us off everytime.
First time this year a true run team has dominated the line like that against us.

hell yea we can't wait either but we will take it one game at a time. we are just now coming together as team and are clicking on all cylinders. Our Defense is for real too! looks like whitley got jumped on early and a few turnovers doomed them in...