Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Harlan County 10/12
This game is going to be be very close.

Harlan is averaging 37 points a game, while Whitley is averaging 29.6 both teams are over 300 yards a game rushing, and under a 100 passing.

The stats are pretty close, and would be closer if Whitley had not played in a pig pen at Somerset, when both teams struggled due to field conditions.

Is this game going to be played at the new field or at Cawood. I think it could be a huge factor.
Gotta go with Whitley by 8 in this one 21-13.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:This game is going to be be very close.

Harlan is averaging 37 points a game, while Whitley is averaging 29.6 both teams are over 300 yards a game rushing, and under a 100 passing.

The stats are pretty close, and would be closer if Whitley had not played in a pig pen at Somerset, when both teams struggled due to field conditions.

Is this game going to be played at the new field or at Cawood. I think it could be a huge factor.

Cawood I reckon
I think Whitley pulls out the W on the road by 1 score, after a well-played game by their defense.
Should be a heck of a game. Two of the most physical teams in this part if the state. IMO, the Colonels will not make it out of the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky alive! As they say in Harlan County, when the gates close, it's feedin time!!

Harlan Co. - 28

Whitley Co. - 20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Should be a great game no matter who wins
This will be a great game, IMO this game will come down to penalties and who commits the least and timely ones. Both teams is running teams and penalites really hurt a 3 yards and a cloud of dust game. HC had 21 penalties last Friday with most of them being correctable penalties. HC did prove they can throw the ball if needed but this game comes down to who wants it more and who is going to stuff the middle. Good luck to all the kids out there this one will be one you will feel for a couple days.
One day closer...I really wish someone would tell me how Austin Maggard and Zach Caldwell is doing?
Harlan 29 Whitley 25. And the teams Harlan played out of state if someone told me right would not count in a 3 way tie they have to be teams in state and their wins.
Gotta go with Whitley
geauxtigers75 Wrote:This is going to be a good one, even though the game might go by super fast considering both teams have no real interest in throwing the ball, ever. I think this stays a low scoring affair and the Colonels leave Harlan alive, barely. Good luck to both teams on Friday.

Whitley County 16
Harlan County 14

WYMT GOW
?

Nope
ballboy Wrote:Harlan 29 Whitley 25. And the teams Harlan played out of state if someone told me right would not count in a 3 way tie they have to be teams in state and their wins.

Someone told you wrong.
It all counts.
bear claw Wrote:One day closer...I really wish someone would tell me how Austin Maggard and Zach Caldwell is doing?

I haven't heard anything about Maggard. Zak is fine and anxious to mix it up!! You should know Black Bear Mama will have him fed, healthy and ready to play!!
heard yesterday maggard was out for the rest of the year
sandrailman Wrote:heard yesterday maggard was out for the rest of the year

Wow!! That hurts.
I hope not...I mean I would hate it for the team but more than that I would hate it for the kid....it is his senior year and he is such a GREAT kid.
With Maggard out, who steps up?
I would think Scotty Bailey would start at QB now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With Maggard out, who steps up?

Same guy that did last week Id assume. Bailey.
I'd like to say this about Austin Maggard: I've had the pleasure of watching Austin play football since he was in the 5th grade and he's the type of kid that any coach or team would love to have. Never missed practice, never missed a day in the off season lifting weights, and always gave his all. He is a quite and gentle soul and saves his "talk" for the field where he spoke volumes. He has started every game at defense for the Black Bears since he was a Freshmen. If he can't complete his senior season, it will be a huge loss for the team. But I know Austin well enough to know that he will be there encouraging his team. He's a smart kid and has a great future. The Black Bear fans will remember that Austin was a consistent ingredient in building our football program into the respectable program that it is today. We love Austin and will miss his presence on the field if that is the case, but will support and encourage him.
I say HC will win by 6 in a close one.
Maggard to miss remainder of season

HARLAN, Ky. (WYMT) - The #5 Harlan County Black Bears will have to play without their starting quarterback for the remainder of the season.

Senior QB Austin Maggard suffered a severe shoulder injury last week versus Letcher Central. This season Maggard has accounted for 654 total yards and four touchdowns, and had been a four year starter for the Black Bears in the defensive back field.

"Austin (Maggard) was a great leader of the team and was coming along real well, especially on his passing game," says Harlan County head coach Tom Larkey. "He knows when to keep the ball and run it. We're mainly a hand it off type of football team anyway, and we'll keep our basic gameplan offensively. We're going to miss Austin defensively, but you know, when these things happen kids learn to step up and get in there and get the job done."
This is just horrible for this kid....he is just a wonderful kid....good luck to Austin in the future.
I second that MamaBear!!!!!!!
Hate to hear this, just a wonderful kid to be around he is also a tremendous role model for our younger kids, last year he would come over to the pee wee practice after a long day of school and his own football practice and work with the younger players which on our team included his little brother. I always thought what a great young man to be so selfless and give his time and energy to the ones that looked up to him.
Mountain pride 10 I am pretty sure your heart is with the City and that is great but we Blackbear fans really appreciate your comments on our beloved Austin Maggard. Very well said.
i hate that happen to austin. Harlan wide receiver bailey will move under center and play qb for harlan county. with that said i am changing my pick now...

Whitley County 27

Harlan County 24
I hate when injuires happen before big games
^^
I hate injuries, PERIOD!

But anyone is subject to injury whenever they step on the field. So, we move forward and do what the Black Bears do best!!

Beat Whitley!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I hate when injuires happen before big games

As do I. Especially when its a Senior.