Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Harlan County 10/12
lol, i like how i was mentioned about 5 times with either sorry, or guts gonna be happy.

These kids have worked their ass off since last year and its clear were much imporved from last year, and i think HC is a little down from last year, only thing is, that just makes them even.

It's hard to go against HC at home, but ill do it anyways Confusednicker:

Whitley County 34
Harlan County 30

District Champs.

However, this is just step 1. These two will play again.
Colonels need to load some pep buses.
I don't think the score will be to high, WC has a solid D and Harlan County's is getting better each week.

HC 18
WC 14
^
If Whitley wins this game, it will be because of their defense.
With this game being played at Harlan Co. I'll give them the edge. With that being said they better bring their Lunch because it will be a hard day's work. I do think these 2 meet again for Regional Championship. Will be a Great Game.
So is this game being played at the new field? :please:
This may not be the Championship game
I have no idea who will win this game. WC has played really well on the road even when they shoot theirself in the foot with penalties, go against refs and the home crowd. But I believe this will be a more fair called game by Harlan then the past games we had. This will be a low scoring game. I think the team that will win is the one that makes the fewest amount of mistakes.
ballboy Wrote:This may not be the Championship game

It most certainly is for the district Championship. If HC wins there is no way PCC beats them to force a three way tie, and WC wins there is no way LCC beats them to force a three way tie or all of the above....yeah this one settles it. Even if there is a three way tie, HC or WC would win the three way tie.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:It most certainly is for the district Championship. If HC wins there is no way PCC beats them to force a three way tie, and WC wins there is no way LCC beats them to force a three way tie or all of the above....yeah this one settles it. Even if there is a three way tie, HC or WC would win the three way tie.

Never say never. The games are played for a reason. I think Whitley County wins this.
For comic relief, lets go out on a limb and say HC beats Whitley then gets upset by PCC.

In a three way tie scenario, who would have the most points?

Whitley will have wins over Somerset, Rockcastle, Lynn Camp, Clay County in out of district play.

HC beat some out of state teams so who knows what their win totals will be, along with beating GRC and Tates Creek.

PCC has wins over Lawrence, Sheldon Clark and Rockcastle, so in all honest, i dont think that would have a chance in the tie breaker system.

It would come down to WC or HC even in a three way tie. To this point Whitley would have 13 and HC would have three points plus however many wins Lee County VA and Gate City VA have, but i dont think they would have enough either way unless they were to knock off Bell.

Should be an interesting year.

IMHO though, winner of this game takes the district crown and gets home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Will this game be televised on WYMT?:popcorn:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:For comic relief, lets go out on a limb and say HC beats Whitley then gets upset by PCC.

In a three way tie scenario, who would have the most points?

Whitley will have wins over Somerset, Rockcastle, Lynn Camp, Clay County in out of district play.

HC beat some out of state teams so who knows what their win totals will be, along with beating GRC and Tates Creek.

PCC has wins over Lawrence, Sheldon Clark and Rockcastle, so in all honest, i dont think that would have a chance in the tie breaker system.

It would come down to WC or HC even in a three way tie. To this point Whitley would have 13 and HC would have three points plus however many wins Lee County VA and Gate City VA have, but i dont think they would have enough either way unless they were to knock off Bell.

Should be an interesting year.

IMHO though, winner of this game takes the district crown and gets home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

To hell with that.
Let's go ahead and crunch some more numbers for "comic relief".
If Perry beats Harlan County for this three way tie it wouldn't be a stretch for them to beat Somerset the following week. That would mean Perry would share wins between Rock and Somerset with Whitley. Right now, Lynn Camp and Clay have 6 wins between them while Sheldon Clark and Lawrence have 7 between them. So it looks like Whitley may not be able to top PCC in a tie-breaker without beating Boyle County. So in all honesty, I think that Perry would have just as good a chance in the tiebreaker system as anyone.
This will be a good one Whitley 14-12.
running_clock Wrote:To hell with that.
Let's go ahead and crunch some more numbers for "comic relief".
If Perry beats Harlan County for this three way tie it wouldn't be a stretch for them to beat Somerset the following week. That would mean Perry would share wins between Rock and Somerset with Whitley. Right now, Lynn Camp and Clay have 6 wins between them while Sheldon Clark and Lawrence have 7 between them. So it looks like Whitley may not be able to top PCC in a tie-breaker without beating Boyle County. So in all honesty, I think that Perry would have just as good a chance in the tiebreaker system as anyone.

PCC might get luck once beating HC, but not twice beating Somerset.

That game will be a killing.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Will this game be televised on WYMT?:popcorn:

Probably not.
Knott Central and Jenkins or Phelps will prolly be on there....
Sorry RunIt..

Can't pick against the black bears..

Harlan Co. - 28
Whitley - 14
Whitley County 27

Harlan County 30
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:PCC might get luck once beating HC, but not twice beating Somerset.

That game will be a killing.

Perry beat Somerset last year. I think they lose both games but I don't find it hard to believe that they can win either or both.
^
Last year you had a defense.
This year you do not.
I still think Perry can score atleast 3-4 TD's against them, but both of those teams possess a good offense as well, and i look for those games to be similar to the Whitley game.
Whitley by 7.
Whitley by 4
the middle of the field will be really torn up after this game, who ever wins the battle on the line and don't turn the ball over should win. A win by Whitley would be huge for their program. The bears by 7, they don't lose in the den.
This is going to be a good one, even though the game might go by super fast considering both teams have no real interest in throwing the ball, ever. I think this stays a low scoring affair and the Colonels leave Harlan alive, barely. Good luck to both teams on Friday.

Whitley County 16
Harlan County 14

WYMT GOW?
Whitley has a good football team, but the bears have supported us, we will support them. Bears in a close one.
I love this match-up. Two teams that respect each other so much they can't even have a little friendly smack talk. :argue::dontthink
Harlan at home by 3, 27 - 24.
Whitley by a td.
Harlan Co by 14. I dont see Whitley stopping Harlan County's rushing game unless there are a bunch of turnovers.
Hopefully this game will live up to its hype. I think it will. Whitley by an extra point.(better kicker) 21-20. Good luck to both teams