•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview Additions
I heard Mitch Barnhart has contacted McPeek to take over Joker's position as the head Wildcat. With his recruiting abilities, I'm sure BBN will be full of 5-Star guys within a couple years. Next thing we know, we will be running up the score against the likes of UPIKE, Georgetown College, KCU, and Campbellsville..... Bc we all know McPeek won't step up to the plate against a quality opponent.
^ Why do people find it such a big deal that they're recruitiing players then?
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Why do people find it such a big deal that they're recruitiing players then?

Duh?

Asked myself that question this afternoon as I was taking a little trip down 23.
^Probably because they were winning about 2-3 games a year before the recruiting started. Just a guess. I don't live in the area anymore.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have seen a lot of talk about them on this board and have heard talk from someone I know in that area. Sounds like they should learn some lessons from Calipari if they want to win a regional.
HI fairview williamsburg is watching if you around later in the seasonsConfusederved: by the:policeman:policeman:policeman just having a little funConfusedmoke:
64SUR Wrote:HI fairview williamsburg is watching if you around later in the seasonsConfusederved: by the:policeman:policeman:policeman just having a little funConfusedmoke:

Hey 64sur since you are a big Williamsburg fan ,is anybody recruiting your qb
OJ mayo is still mad Fairview didn't recruit him. I heard Andrew Wiggins is coming to fairview and living with "LT". Lookout region 16..
Ram Fan04 Wrote:OJ mayo is still mad Fairview didn't recruit him. I heard Andrew Wiggins is coming to fairview and living with "LT". Lookout region 16..

That is pretty good!!!!

:rockon::rockon:
Can't wait and I will leave it at that.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Why do people find it such a big deal that they're recruitiing players then?

My main problem with the program is the arrogance that always seems to come from it. I remember in 2003 they were coming off the schools first undefeated regular season. First game of the year fairview lines up hand in hand during warmups crossing midfield chanting "want some get some" trying to get a tomcat player ejected I'm sure. Ashland put it on them 40-6 and fairview didn't wanna play anymore. Now that they are winning again they forget that little history lesson and talk as if they have supplanted Ashland,Russell,and Raceland as the best program in the area cause they went to a couple regional finals in the weakest class in the state. But truth is they've never even won a region and I believe only have 2 wins against a Boyd county program that hasn't been good since the 80's. they actually celebrated beating Boyd with a parade and tearing down the goalpost a few years ago. So the comical arrogance is why most get fed up with it.
Fairview won't play Ashland. From what I've gathered Ashland is almost begging fairview to play them. Will fairview step up and play the tomcats? No! Because it hurts they're recruiting. McPeek, LT and the guys can go to huntington and brag about undefeated season and bring up stats like 5 TD's a game to kids families. Because WV kids don't look at quality opponents. All they see is stats. Then when they hit a wall in the playoffs week 12 or 13. They lose and fall between the cracks of the so called great huntington eagles.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Fairview won't play Ashland. From what I've gathered Ashland is almost begging fairview to play them. Will fairview step up and play the tomcats? No! Because it hurts they're recruiting. McPeek, LT and the guys can go to huntington and brag about undefeated season and bring up stats like 5 TD's a game to kids families. Because WV kids don't look at quality opponents. All they see is stats. Then when they hit a wall in the playoffs week 12 or 13. They lose and fall between the cracks of the so called great huntington eagles.
I have heard Ashland is trying to replace Lawrence county on the schedule with fairview. It won't happen. And you'll here the excuse of Ashland won't sign a home and home is why we didn't play.
Funny the 03 team is mentioned. Because about 10 players on that team wasn't there in the middle school days. You take away those players and they go 4-6. They may not even have that. Don't remember their schedule back then. But it probably wasn't as watered down then as it is now. Hopefully the KHSAA gets this right.
Why would Ashland agree to home and home games against the huntington eagles. They have everything to lose. Just like when they play us. It's a joke. Go to asand and get your butt kicked as you should or win when you shouldn't. Thank god Ashland keeps us take on the schedule so we can play in their house in a great environment. I love going to Tom at stadium. Best environment we'll play in all regular season!
This is great entertainment. I guess good ole boy Bill Tom never recruited and no way would any chiropractors house any kids in the McKell / South Shore area.

As for the title of this thread...the additions are coming along just fine, and thanks for asking! :1:
This whole thread is hilarious, that people actually spend this much time worrying about Fairview
Clint Westwood Wrote:This is great entertainment. I guess good ole boy Bill Tom never recruited and no way would any chiropractors house any kids in the McKell / South Shore area.

As for the title of this thread...the additions are coming along just fine, and thanks for asking! :1:

So are you saying mcpeek does recruit?
Just like BT!!
I know a bunch of people from Raceland that aren't happy about playing at Blazer every year. Especially after Russell did the home and home series. That is the one thing I would agree with. Putnam stadium is a hell hole. I think the Tom Kittens should man up and agree to a home and home but Swift will never agree to it.
If Ashland drops Lawrence County, as it should, why would they even consider adding Fairview? Ashland needs a tougher schedule- not a weaker schedule. Fairview adds nothing. Fairview is fine as a small school with no realistic statewide aspirations. Ashland needs more than that if it wants to compete with the better schools in its region.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If Ashland drops Lawrence County, as it should, why would they even consider adding Fairview? Ashland needs a tougher schedule- not a weaker schedule. Fairview adds nothing. Fairview is fine as a small school with no realistic statewide aspirations. Ashland needs more than that if it wants to compete with the better schools in its region.
I don't think adding fairview would be the right move at all. But they would provide better competition than Lawrence co. It's like in your neck of the woods where beechwood is a better program than Dixie heights. Bigger program doesn't always mean better team.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I don't think adding fairview would be the right move at all. But they would provide better competition than Lawrence co. It's like in your neck of the woods where beechwood is a better program than Dixie heights. Bigger program doesn't always mean better team.

You are right. However, just as I would prefer for FTH to schedule someone like Elder or Roger Bacon over Beechwood, Ashland should consider Wheelersburg (Ohio), Capital (West Virginia), or someone like that over Fairview.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:You are right. However, just as I would prefer for FTH to schedule someone like Elder or Roger Bacon over Beechwood, Ashland should consider Wheelersburg (Ohio), Capital (West Virginia), or someone like that over Fairview.
Couldn't agree more.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Fairview won't play Ashland. From what I've gathered Ashland is almost begging fairview to play them. Will fairview step up and play the tomcats? No! Because it hurts they're recruiting. McPeek, LT and the guys can go to huntington and brag about undefeated season and bring up stats like 5 TD's a game to kids families. Because WV kids don't look at quality opponents. All they see is stats. Then when they hit a wall in the playoffs week 12 or 13. They lose and fall between the cracks of the so called great huntington eagles.
When was the last time Raceland had played in week 13???? That's right they haven't. Other than Ashland and Pikeville, who does Raceland play? Pikeville is really down this year and Ashland as much as I hate to say it, pretty good year in and year out. Talk about fairview's schedule look in the mirror at Racelands.
IMO (un)Fairview would be fine without recruiting.....not dominate, but competitive for sure....
Eagles2012 Wrote:When was the last time Raceland had played in week 13???? That's right they haven't. Other than Ashland and Pikeville, who does Raceland play? Pikeville is really down this year and Ashland as much as I hate to say it, pretty good year in and year out. Talk about fairview's schedule look in the mirror at Racelands.

The last time Raceland played in week 13 was in 2009, they also made it to week 13 in 2006 and 2008. If you don't believe me, just follow the links below.

Including the last few years that LCA was in the district, Raceland hands down had the stronger schedule. Even after LCA left, Raceland's schedule is still the stronger of the 2. This year, of the teams they have played to date, Raceland's opponents are 14-25 with one 0 win team, while Fairviews opponents are 9-30, with two 0 win teams. Neither of which are too impressive if you ask me. When that all comes from not one northern kentucky team and 2 Ohio Teams that are no where near the tallent of even Ironton. I don't know what next years schedule holds for Fairview but Raceland scheduling Ironton to replace Russell, makes their schedule even tougher than if Russell would have stayed on. Especially playing them week 10(which if you ask me was a mistake). I still feel strongly that both teams could play stronger schedules though. But if the argument is Raceland vs Fairivew...Raceland wins the strength of schedule contest in the last few years...but that is mainly because of 2 or 3 teams on the schedule. The carter counties, coalgroves, other south eastern kentucky opponents, don't really add up to much.
Eagles2012 Wrote:When was the last time Raceland had played in week 13???? That's right they haven't. Other than Ashland and Pikeville, who does Raceland play? Pikeville is really down this year and Ashland as much as I hate to say it, pretty good year in and year out. Talk about fairview's schedule look in the mirror at Racelands.

They also play a good Russell team. A Lawrence team Bette than anyone in fairview schedule and judging by how good the Ohio team they plate last year was everyone thought they would be good again. They have also added Ironton for next year. Kudos to the rams.

Man people throw out all kinds of crap without checking any facts. Must be embracing when someone calls you out on it. And gives you links to prove.
Fact is Fairview plays one game a year when they have to play four quarters. That's the Raceland game.
The Rams play Ashland, Russell, Pikeville and Lawrence Co. Who most years are very good teams. Now they have Ironton and Ashland.
Week 13 how many times?
Anyway week 13 isn't anything unless you win 13. Getting there isn't good enough. So the Rams and eagles shouldn't even go there!
Eagles2012... you should do some researching before you post: you tend to sound pretty ignorant.. on both the strength of scheduling argument, as well as the Week 13 nonsense.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next