Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co 21 Wayne Co 7
Final
Interested to hear about this one as Bell was up 21-7 early and it seems after that point these two teams stonewalled each other.
Wasn't this game 21 -0 in the first? Bell just go conservative or is Wayne Co for real...details of the game please...
I said we would win by 7-14 pts.
I would say why but some would dog me. Wink
I know we can't talk about it or some people get mad.
Just like the Whitley Co game all over again.
First quarter Wayne had a kick off pinned inside the five and a muffed punt lost on special teams I would say... And bell tried to pass if u were at the game u would have seen the pressure Wayne was giving I'd prolly guess around 7 sacks Wayne is for real everybody that watched the game saw that... Like I said in the predict thread this game will be lost on special teams and it was hate that for Wayne's team they are fighters
Congrats Bell!
Wow ! This score surprised me. I was for sure wrong about this one. I thought Bell would win by much more, but a win is a win. Sounds a lot like the Whitley game. Wayne may truly be on the up rise. Good for them. Congrats to Bell.
2 flags and this is a tie game. Phantom pass interference in 1st and premature IP that negated a touchdown for Wayne. Good luck bell. I'd love to see a rematch in the region finals !!!
Really. I was way off on my prediction in this game. Isn't Bell a senior dominated team this year? Someone had posted on another post that Bell had 16 or 18 seniors. I do know they lost the kid that was so fast last year.
Wayne Co. turns it over 3 times in the 1st quarter, which leads to 3 short drives for scores for Bell. Wayne Co. settled down and showed they could play with the Bobcats after that.
Kinda expected the bobcats to win by a larger margin. Have never seen wayne co play a game ever so don't know a thing about them so they must be pretty good or bell isn't as good as advertised. Either way its a win so everything else is gravy
Wayne is a very good football team. They have a pretty solid defense and don't mind to hit. If Wayne hadn't made a few mistakes at the first of the game then it would have been a lot closer for sure.
Sorry tazcat bet your gonna be mad all week because Bell wins another one.
I think people have to get accustomed to the fact that Bell is not as good as they were over the past few years along with having a Frosh QB.
IMO, if this game was 21-0 in the 1st it would have been nothing like the Whitley game though. When Whitley and Bell played, it was a struggle, and although Bell did play conservative, they were doing so to win the game, in this case it looks like it was done to run the clock.
Wayne county was right there, despite 3 first qtr turnovers. Four drives stalled inside the Bell Co 30 yard line, with the early turnovers just too much to overcome. The Cards win at Madison Southern is much better than many on the prediction thread gave Wayne credit for. Bell Co has an excellent squad and made fewer mistakes tonight, but Wayne County is no fluke, next week is a huge one at Corbin.
Nobody runs the clock in the 1st and 2nd quarter. You try to score. 21-0 is not enough to put anything on cruise control.
What happened to Oslonian or whatever his name is?
BELLBOBCATS Wrote:I know we can't talk about it or some people get mad.

you got to have a backbone, dont be scared,IF ITS THE TRUTH,then its ok, say it...
cuppett777 Wrote:you got to have a backbone, dont be scared,IF ITS THE TRUTH,then its ok, say it...

What they're trying to say is...During the first half when it looked like Wayne didn't know what hit em, it was because of several different formations, runs out of shotgun, passes, play action, designed roll out passes, very good mixture of the two fantastic backs and some passes to keep them off guard. Now if anyone wants to throw stats out, Collett was 3-10 for 37 yards, 1 td and 1 int, doesn't look good on paper, but he over threw I thought 2 passes, the others had to be chalked up to receivers dropping the balls or not being ready for the pass, or in sync with the QB due to inexperience in running the routes in game vs a defense going full speed which will get better with time and more reps. You can't just let them throw it in practice then come out vs a defense that's head hunting and expect them to be able to make the necessary adjustments and have the timing down. As the game went on, the offense became very vanilla, and conservative. Bell could have won this game by 30 points. A win is a win though. Moving on from that situation, which I'm sure I'll return to when someone gets hurt over it, Defense played fantastic, special teams played better than I've probably ever seen them play as an entire unit. Another 100 yard rushing effort from Jonathon Polly led the way for the Bobcats on offense, and Ryan Collett continues to be a touchdown machine. Huge effort from Joe Jackson on defense helped out a lot, his name was called consistently throughout the night.
Would have loved to see Wayne County win this one.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:What they're trying to say is...During the first half when it looked like Wayne didn't know what hit em, it was because of several different formations, runs out of shotgun, passes, play action, designed roll out passes, very good mixture of the two fantastic backs and some passes to keep them off guard. Now if anyone wants to throw stats out, Collett was 3-10 for 37 yards, 1 td and 1 int, doesn't look good on paper, but he over threw I thought 2 passes, the others had to be chalked up to receivers dropping the balls or not being ready for the pass, or in sync with the QB due to inexperience in running the routes in game vs a defense going full speed which will get better with time and more reps. You can't just let them throw it in practice then come out vs a defense that's head hunting and expect them to be able to make the necessary adjustments and have the timing down. As the game went on, the offense became very vanilla, and conservative. Bell could have won this game by 30 points. A win is a win though. Moving on from that situation, which I'm sure I'll return to when someone gets hurt over it, Defense played fantastic, special teams played better than I've probably ever seen them play as an entire unit. Another 100 yard rushing effort from Jonathon Polly led the way for the Bobcats on offense, and Ryan Collett continues to be a touchdown machine. Huge effort from Joe Jackson on defense helped out a lot, his name was called consistently throughout the night.

Wayne Co. held Bell to 168 total yards of offense, seems like you are not giving Wayne Co. much credit. If Wayne does not commit 4 turnovers, at least 3 of which were unforced, this game could have easily gone the other way.

Did Guffey not start the game at QB? I saw where Gardner threw an INT on the first play for Wayne Co., maybe it was a halfback pass or something though. Definitely not a good way to start the game off for Wayne up on Log Mtn, they follow that with fumble on a kickoff and then a muffed punt. You have to be impressed that Wayne was able to make a game of it after starting the game like that.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Wayne Co. held Bell to 168 total yards of offense, seems like you are not giving Wayne Co. much credit. If Wayne does not commit 4 turnovers, at least 3 of which were unforced, this game could have easily gone the other way.

Did Guffey not start the game at QB? I saw where Gardner threw an INT on the first play for Wayne Co., maybe it was a halfback pass or something though. Definitely not a good way to start the game off for Wayne up on Log Mtn, they follow that with fumble on a kickoff and then a muffed punt. You have to be impressed that Wayne was able to make a game of it after starting the game like that.

I was impressed with both defenses. The LB for Wayne County was very, very good. I apologize for not mentioning Wayne much, i was more concerned about Bell. Wayne's defense was very very good.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Wayne Co. held Bell to 168 total yards of offense, seems like you are not giving Wayne Co. much credit. If Wayne does not commit 4 turnovers, at least 3 of which were unforced, this game could have easily gone the other way.

Bell holds wayne to 161 total yards total offense so that goes both ways not real dominating either wayne has a real good team anybody could have told you this was going to be a good game i don't care how many seniors bell has they are going to have to get better
Bell proves once again how legit they are. Congratulations.
If Jackson is the left end, he is tough!!
Cardfan1 Wrote:2 flags and this is a tie game. Phantom pass interference in 1st and premature IP that negated a touchdown for Wayne. Good luck bell. I'd love to see a rematch in the region finals !!!
we will be here waiting
Wayne didn't win but they made a good showing. I tried to convince you all that Wayne is good this year and Bell is a little down.
I keep hearing Bell is a little down, but don't they have 18 seniors. I expect them to be down in years to come, but not this year. I think Whitley and Wayne just may be improving.