Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th District Tournament
- Hosted by Estill County
- October 8-13

- pretty much the same that it has been for the past 2 years

(1) Powell County vs. (4) Owsley County/Lee County
(2) Estill County vs. (3) Lee County/Owsley County

Lee County defeated Owsley 3-2 earlier in the season. 56th should be completed Monday (17th) when Lee and Owsley meet that should determine the 56th Dustrict Tournament

Last year Owsley was in the 55th and Wolfe was in the 56th but it's changed back Owsley in the 56th and Wolfe in 55th
I do believe it will be Powell/Owsley and Estill/Lee

I'd like to see Estill win their first district title but Powell County and Coach Ken Jones take home yet another volleyball district title
Owsley defeated Lee last night 3-1 (26-28, 25-10, 25-17, 25-15)

Lee County defeated Owsley 3-2 earlier in the year (25-21, 27-29, 13-25, 25-16, 17-15)

Both stand at 1-4 in district play

now Judgementday or any other volleyball fan, how would they determine who plays who? Owsley has Estill left and Lee has Powell. I'm assuming that both Estill and Powell will win those games. Estill and Powell have the 1 & 2 seeds locked.
Most likely Owsley grabs #1 seed by virtue of winning in fewer sets (3-1 vs 3-2 in Lee's win). That's usually how ties are first broken, if that was even, then it would move to most points, probably.
Lee lost to Powell tonight 3-0 (25-8, 25-12, 25-11)

with that loss Lee falls to 1-5 in district play

Estill will play Owsley Thursday at Owsley, I'm assuming Estill will win that game IF that happens Owsley will drop to 1-5 in district play. Lee and Owsley split the regular season a game apiece
Just watched one of the most exciting volleyball matches in a while. Owsley County beat Estill 3-1. The Lady Owls have gotten better every match this season and will be a team that shouldnt be overlooked in the 56th.
you have the match scores for that game?

Districts should be like this

(1) Powell/(4) Lee
(2) Estill/(3) Owsley