Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands - 61 Mason County - 3
Final. No surprise here.
did jaylen do anything?
Another major blow out just like last year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
congrats to Highlands
Not one rushing play in nearly 3qtrs. Birds are ready for CCH.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Not one rushing play in nearly 3qtrs. Birds are ready for CCH.

Did not run a rushing play until 2nd string came in with 3:30 left in the 3rd quarter. McCoy tends to just throw it up for grabs on the long routes and was high often with passes. D still looks a little shaky; still giving up big runs up the middle, and willing to give up the short pass. Would have liked to seen them work on the kick offs tonight ( on side kicks and short 15-20 yard kicks everytime,not sure why?). Have not seen Cov Cath, but this HHS team makes you wonder what they are going to do next week. They will need to score, because HHS D will give up points to Cov Cath. Next week will answer a lot of questions.
Blowout!
Thank goodness, Mason is over with. Now to get a real team to replace them on the schedule.
I read the comments the mason county coach made about scheduling the games with Highlands on another discussion board. I understand where he's coming from and what mason county got out of the game. The coach sounded like a class guy. I would have responded in kind, but, of course, I received the Pete Rose lifetime ban from that site n 2004. While I'm glad the series is over, it's good that Mason County got what they wanted from the games. One final note, Mason County's white uniforms are as good looking as any I have seen.
sstack Wrote:Did not run a rushing play until 2nd string came in with 3:30 left in the 3rd quarter. McCoy tends to just throw it up for grabs on the long routes and was high often with passes. D still looks a little shaky; still giving up big runs up the middle, and willing to give up the short pass. Would have liked to seen them work on the kick offs tonight ( on side kicks and short 15-20 yard kicks everytime,not sure why?). Have not seen Cov Cath, but this HHS team makes you wonder what they are going to do next week. They will need to score, because HHS D will give up points to Cov Cath. Next week will answer a lot of questions.
I disagree. McCoy did an outstanding job and hit many receivers right on the numbers. Some were dropped by receivers. A few were high but come on. I'd say 80-90% were spot on. McCoy is maturing quickly and seems very comfortable in the pocket. This kid is a gamer.
McCoy was 33/44 400 yards and 6 TDs. He had 456 yards coming into the game. -Clyde.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I disagree. McCoy did an outstanding job and hit many receivers right on the numbers. Some were dropped by receivers. A few were high but come on. I'd say 80-90% were spot on. McCoy is maturing quickly and seems very comfortable in the pocket. This kid is a gamer.

He hit the mid and short patterns, but long patterns he just threw the ball up for grabs. I will say McCoy and the whole team are looking better each week and will be very tough come playoff time. I and others are going to judge McCoy against Towles and that is really not fair because guys like him do not come along that often.
The beat goes on. Highlands is very good. The problems they have like replacing Towles are problems most schools would love to have.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:McCoy was 33/44 400 yards and 6 TDs. He had 456 yards coming into the game. -Clyde.

That's impressive. Congrats to Highlands.
I will add - I hope Mason County can get back to where they were a few years ago. I remember playing them in the state semis not too long ago and they were really good.