Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What school has the nicest and which has the most obnoxious fans?
My vote goes to Johnson Central for most obnoxious and Boyle county for nicest.
Ahhh this could get ugly in a hurry

[Image: http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/90+_d5...b9f0c7.jpg]
Most Obnoxious - Perry Central circa 2011
Nicest - Somerset or Knox Central

We are talking about on here right? Because in person, I think everywhere I have been has been a pleasant experience.
Depends on where you are from, I suppose.

I like going to games at Ryle. The people who work the games are always really cordial.
Have to say I was very impressed with the Belfry Fans.

Can't say much about the Breathitt fans especially after spitting on
our cheerleaders..
Every place really is about the same when u get a collection of different people. You have some really good and some bad. Now as far as people running the place,helpfulness and that kinda thing. I have really enjoyed my trips to Belfry and to Covington Catholic a few years ago. I also may be the only person that misses the old stadium at JC having the fans of both teams mixed on the same sideline was always fun and Interesting. Also remember a playoff game there where the whole Ashland section emptied about halftime and went and stood on the sideline with the team. So those are some of my fondest places I've been
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Most Obnoxious - Perry Central circa 2011
Nicest - Somerset or Knox Central

We are talking about on here right? Because in person, I think everywhere I have been has been a pleasant experience.

Well - to be fair. The both of us have never had the pleasure of experiencing the Perry Central crowd as a visitor.

When I was in High School and for a few shorts years after it was a pretty intense atmosphere if you weren't in Red and Black lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Well - to be fair. The both of us have never had the pleasure of experiencing the Perry Central crowd as a visitor.

When I was in High School and for a few shorts years after it was a pretty intense atmosphere if you weren't in Red and Black lol

True, but I thought the thread was only referring to posters on BGR. I personally like how PCC puts the opposing team right in front of our student section lol.
South Laurel fans cry a lot.
Harlan County fans dont complain, they just enjoy the game.
I'm like tomcatfan....I see a mixture in most all places.
Southwestern sticks out in my mind as one of the friendliest places I've ever visited.
zaga_fan Wrote:Well - to be fair. The both of us have never had the pleasure of experiencing the Perry Central crowd as a visitor.

Been there 2 or or 3 times never heard much out of them.:lmao:
Just playing with zaga. They got my vote pre game was terrible.
most obnoxious- PERRY BY FAR
geauxtigers75 Wrote:True, but I thought the thread was only referring to posters on BGR. I personally like how PCC puts the opposing team right in front of our student section lol.

I can remember a time when someone sent a story to the Hazard Herald in the next issue about how awful of an experience it was for their team to have to stand right in front of them.

ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Been there 2 or or 3 times never heard much out of them.:lmao:
Just playing with zaga. They got my vote pre game was terrible.

LoL - Just wait until we invade the Rock this year
The worse place I ever attended a game was at Knox Central last year. They have their parents and boosters on both sides and behind the visiting team players (not on the home side behind their own kids). The fans were yelling and harassing the players while the game was going on. I was at the Rock/Knox game last year and I didn't have a kid playing on either team, I was just watching the game and the Knox fans were terrible. I thought at one moment last year one of the Knox fathers and a Rock player were going to get into it, but a Rock coach stepped in and told the dad to not be yelling at the kids. Then he started yelling at the coach. I know the Knox fans were probably a little pumped up--they were kickin Rocks butt the whole game, but I dread having to ever go there again as my kids get older. The sad part is that it isn't the Knox kids fault in the least bit, but the school gets a bad rap.
highlands, bell county most obnoxious nicest probably johnson central but i think the culture changes each year depends on who all is involved on the website
i dont know who the nicest are, but the most obnoxious by far are the West Virginia knuckleheads
From NKY so will only have input there

Obnoxious
Highlands
Ryle
Covington Catholic

Nice-
Newport
Simon Kenton
Scott
toussaints Wrote:i dont know who the nicest are, but the most obnoxious by far are the West Virginia knuckleheads

So you mean Belfry, right? Confusedhh:
jw4914 Wrote:Have to say I was very impressed with the Belfry Fans.

our cheerleaders..

They don't take losing too lightley.

Obnoxious

Powell County (Nice players/coaches but their fans like keying cars and painting school buses)
Clay County

Nicest

Bourbon County
Rowan County
Madison Southern
Rockcastle County
Garrard County
Newport
Walton-Verona
Russell
Prestonsburg and Belfry have the most rowdy ...but the nicest ....

JC has some rude fans

Paintsville has really nice fans ...they need to get a little more rowdy:rockon:
Leslie by far the worst fans on the planet!!! They had a royal rumble last year after beating middelsboro
Not sure about the fans while at the game but as far as announcing goes, the Lex. Cath announcers and Johnson Central announcers take the cake for the homer award.
HonestJohn Wrote:The worse place I ever attended a game was at Knox Central last year. They have their parents and boosters on both sides and behind the visiting team players (not on the home side behind their own kids). The fans were yelling and harassing the players while the game was going on. I was at the Rock/Knox game last year and I didn't have a kid playing on either team, I was just watching the game and the Knox fans were terrible. I thought at one moment last year one of the Knox fathers and a Rock player were going to get into it, but a Rock coach stepped in and told the dad to not be yelling at the kids. Then he started yelling at the coach. I know the Knox fans were probably a little pumped up--they were kickin Rocks butt the whole game, but I dread having to ever go there again as my kids get older. The sad part is that it isn't the Knox kids fault in the least bit, but the school gets a bad rap.

I've had some experiences at KC during middle school where I thought a fight was going to break out...
Strikeout King Wrote:They don't take losing too lightley.

Obnoxious

Powell County (Nice players/coaches but their fans like keying cars and painting school buses)
Clay County

Nicest

Bourbon County
Rowan County
Madison Southern
Rockcastle County
Garrard County
Newport
Walton-Verona
Russell

Nice list, and I think that as the list shows the schools that do nothing are the ones that have the nicest fans. Usually, they don't have the same passionate support that others have.

The nicest? Who else, Highlands! Call me biased but I love everything about our program and the fans are awesome. I think Trinity's fans are really nice too. Went there one time and was treated very well.

Most obnoxious? Usually it's Cov Cath or NCC but they don't have a lot of posters on here. Probably Belfry. They're like a cult. It's a sin to say anything against them.
jw4914 Wrote:Have to say I was very impressed with the Belfry Fans.

our cheerleaders..

Did all the Breathitt fans spit on them? There are nice people everywhere, and there are idiots.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Every place really is about the same when u get a collection of different people. You have some really good and some bad. Now as far as people running the place,helpfulness and that kinda thing. I have really enjoyed my trips to Belfry and to Covington Catholic a few years ago. I also may be the only person that misses the old stadium at JC having the fans of both teams mixed on the same sideline was always fun and Interesting. Also remember a playoff game there where the whole Ashland section emptied about halftime and went and stood on the sideline with the team. So those are some of my fondest places I've been

You are definitely not the only one who misses the old JC stadium. I loved the old Nest, complete with muddy field and giant single concrete bleacher. What we have now looks nice, but is rather sterile and looks like every other stadium you go to. And they made it waaaaaaaay too big. Anyone who was at the 2006 JC-CCH game, which was the last game at the old stadium...that's my best football memory ever. SRO, lining the fences, show up early if you want a seat. Now? You pretty much sit anywhere you want, and even though the crowds are decent, it still looks half empty. Sigh. Just not the same, but that's progress.
Russell has a good fan base, and garrad co. Was great.

Wideright05 is single handedly giving the great people of highlands and there great program a horriable reputation of talking down to other respectful schools and there fans. So thanks to him I would have to go with highlands as being the most obnoxious.
Russell has a good fan base, and garrad co. Was great.

Wideright05 is single handedly giving the great people of highlands and there great program a horriable reputation of talking down to other respectful schools and there fans. So thanks to him I would have to go with highlands as being the most obnoxious.
Bear_Paw Wrote:I've had some experiences at KC during middle school where I thought a fight was going to break out...

Remember that fan that told Black Bear Mama to sit her fat ass down and shut her fat mouth????!!
I know it wasn't KC, but I don't remember which school it was...do you???
It was a basketball game, and he was only a few rows behind her. The funniest thing about that was her husband was sitting DIRECTLY behind him!!! LOLOLOL
On here I would probably say Rockcastle and Boyle Co. have some good people. Tough to say who is the most obnoxious because every team seems to have their good seeds and bad apples. Pulaski fans rarely have anything nice to say about us, even though I have supported them in every game but the Somerset games since day 1. SW is typically always pretty cordial though.