Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tates Creek 21 - Corbin 14
Listened to the game and sounded like a good one. Tates Creek went into the half 14-0 after scoring at the end of the half.

The two drives prior, Corbin was stuffed on 4th and goal from the 2, and then reeled off a big run only to fumble at the 14 yd line. Could have been a 14-14 game easily.

Hounds came out and controlled the line in the 2nd half but TC scored late to put it just out of reach.

Good game for the Hounds who were missing 6 players against a good TC game. Unfortunately, Danville looms next week.
Corbin could be a sleeping giant. You don't know to expect.
HAROLD Wrote:Listened to the game and sounded like a good one. Tates Creek went into the half 14-0 after scoring at the end of the half.

The two drives prior, Corbin was stuffed on 4th and goal from the 2, and then reeled off a big run only to fumble at the 14 yd line. Could have been a 14-14 game easily.

Hounds came out and controlled the line in the 2nd half but TC scored late to put it just out of reach.

Good game for the Hounds who were missing 6 players against a good TC game. Unfortunately, Danville looms next week.

Corbin let several chances slip through their fingers, including having a 68 yard TD run called back, getting stopped inside the 1 on 4th down, throwing an int at the 1 yard line and fumbling inside the 20, all in the first half. They also allowed Creek to score a long TD on the last play of the half to make it 14-0 after fumbling when it looked as though they would tie it at 7-7.
congrats TC
Tate's creek played very vanilla all game. When they wanted to pass it they did. Played close to TE vest in a game they felt very at ease in.
Could have easily been a blowout,
Much credit
To the Corbin staff for
Finally attacking creeks weakness in the trenches. When Creek needed
It, it went right down the field for the win.
maybe corbin better than most think, they only gave up 21 and HC gave up how many last week 56? something like that..
UNDECIDED Wrote:Tate's creek played very vanilla all game. When they wanted to pass it they did. Played close to TE vest in a game they felt very at ease in.
Could have easily been a blowout,
Much credit
To the Corbin staff for
Finally attacking creeks weakness in the trenches. When Creek needed
It, it went right down the field for the win.

I honestly believe Corbin should have scored on every possession, too many youthful mistakes. Corbin did have some kids who took advantage of the opportunity to play due to the suspended players, which should pay dividends down the road.
Corbin played a good game. But the game could have been a blowout. Creek was very vanilla on offense and didn't open it up all night long. Kept it simple until they needed to. At crunch time went to their best players, #19 RJ Taylor for 4 straight receptions a d the horse #32 Dennis Oxendine. Was a cruise control win for Creek. Was fought hard by Corbin kids and staff. Kudos.
http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/31/23192...-past.html
UNDECIDED Wrote:Corbin played a good game. But the game could have been a blowout. Creek was very vanilla on offense and didn't open it up all night long. Kept it simple until they needed to. At crunch time went to their best players, #19 RJ Taylor for 4 straight receptions a d the horse #32 Dennis Oxendine. Was a cruise control win for Creek. Was fought hard by Corbin kids and staff. Kudos.

The Herald Leader has a different opinion.
Dennis Oxendine ran for two touchdowns and Tates Creek
Quote:made just enough big defensive
plays to edge visiting Corbin 21-14 Friday night.
SEKYFAN Wrote:http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/31/23192...-past.html

The Herald Leader has a different opinion.

I can understand that. The score was 14-0 at the half and if Creek doesn't botch a snap late in the half it should have been 21-0. All this while Creek went very basic and vanilla this game. Corbin made good adjustments at the half and got back in the game by grinding out long sustained drives. 3 and 4 yards at a time. Then, when Creek needed a score in the 4th, it took 5 plays to move 60 yards. Was a sloppy game played by Creek and I give Corbin credit for some of that. Creek is still young and figuring out how to play as the better team. It was very evident from the onset which was the better of the 2 teams. Not a knock on Corbin as I heard they sat several players.
Also, I really liked #7 from Corbin....he played his tail off. Gave a great effort.
I definately think Corbin is a better football team than I had heard going in to this game. "Vanilla" is a good way to describe Creeks offense. The play calling wasn't nearly as aggresive as it had been last week against Harlan County. I think the botched snap that sent Creek back 20 yards on a scoring drive (Don't know what happened there), and the ensuing 2 sacks (which were the result of a young QB hanging on to the ball to long), through this them off a little. I certainly don't think Creek was expecting Corbins pass rush to be as good as it was.
Corbin made a very good showing considering they had 6 starters out, with those players who knows might have been a differnt out come, but they will have thier hands full when danville comes to town next week, good luck hounds!!!!
panther nation Wrote:Corbin made a very good showing considering they had 6 starters out, with those players who knows might have been a differnt out come, but they will have thier hands full when danville comes to town next week, good luck hounds!!!!

Only 3 starters out, don't believe the outcome would have been any different. The players who stepped in played very well and should continue to receive some quality time. Sophomore Brian Nantz gained 91 yards on 11 carries in his first varsity action and Matt Jewell rushed for 102 on 28 carries.
What happened with all the suspensions? It seems theyve had at least one suspended every week this year
No doubt Tates Creek has more weapons but it could have just as easily been 14-7 Corbin at the half. I know the saying about ifs and buts but you can't deny it. Corbin was stopped on the goal and then would have had 1st down at the TC 14 if not for the fumble. One would believe if Corbin held onto it and kept the ball, TC wouldn't have time to march down the field for the late 2nd quarter td.
HAROLD Wrote:No doubt Tates Creek has more weapons but it could have just as easily been 14-7 Corbin at the half. I know the saying about ifs and buts but you can't deny it. Corbin was stopped on the goal and then would have had 1st down at the TC 14 if not for the fumble. One would believe if Corbin held onto it and kept the ball, TC wouldn't have time to march down the field for the late 2nd quarter td.

Absolutely it could have been 14-7. But by the same "if" game, Tates creek botched a snap as they were driving down the field?in Corbin territory and led to a punt. It could have been 21-0 just as easily as 14-7. Also, Creek went 92 yards in 6 plays right before the half. Creek also scored in the 4th on a 5 play 60 yd drive. Creek could score quickly when it needed to, while Corbin HAD to drive 2,3,4 yards at a time for long periods of time.....
Corbin fought hard and was a good team, but in no way was this game ever in jeapordy.
UNDECIDED Wrote:Absolutely it could have been 14-7. But by the same "if" game, Tates creek botched a snap as they were driving down the field?in Corbin territory and led to a punt. It could have been 21-0 just as easily as 14-7. Also, Creek went 92 yards in 6 plays right before the half. Creek also scored in the 4th on a 5 play 60 yd drive. Creek could score quickly when it needed to, while Corbin HAD to drive 2,3,4 yards at a time for long periods of time.....
Corbin fought hard and was a good team, but in no way was this game ever in jeapordy.

Tates Creek last drive was only 39byards as Corbin messed up the kickoff and were called for spearing also, which gave TC the ball at the Corbin 39.
HAROLD Wrote:No doubt Tates Creek has more weapons but it could have just as easily been 14-7 Corbin at the half. I know the saying about ifs and buts but you can't deny it. Corbin was stopped on the goal and then would have had 1st down at the TC 14 if not for the fumble. One would believe if Corbin held onto it and kept the ball, TC wouldn't have time to march down the field for the late 2nd quarter td.

Corbin should scored 2-3 times in the first half. Penalties cost them 2 scores and the fumble at the end of the half was possibly a 14 point swing. They have to cut down on the penalties and turnovers to win the type of games they have been in the last 2 weeks, since the team that wins these areas usually win these games.