Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green 38 - St Xavier 31
This was our GOTW. ST X was picked by most.

Congrats BG.
The Purples are pretty good again this season. It was a great ballgame. The Purples out scored St. X. 25-8 in the 2nd half. Nacarius Fant had 235 yard receiving in the game.
Congrats to the Purples!
congrats to the Purples
I picked BG.

There the second best team in the state once again.

The entire playoffs for them will be blowouts all the way to the state championship where they'll win with ease.

These team is good.

And btw, i picked them :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I picked BG.

The entire playoffs for them will be blowouts all the way to the state championship where they'll win with ease.

These team is good.

When was Bowling Green ever the 2nd best team in the state? Certainly not last year. They may be this year, but I doubt it. Funny how they finally won a title after 5a was watered down. Western ky football is weak and undisciplined.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I picked BG.

These team is good.

I imagine that Louisville Trinity and Fort Thomas Highlands would be amused to hear that someone finds Bowling Green the second best team in the Commonwealth. Shoot, even U of L and UK are probably better than Bowling Green- although it may depend on home field adantage.
Devin Hayes threw three touchdown passes and Allen Gonsalves came up with a clutch interception as Bowling Green rallied to beat visiting St. Xavier 38-31 Friday night in high school football.

Hayes threw two TD passes to Spencer Renfro and his third to Nacarius Fant with four minutes left put the Purples (3-0) ahead 32-31. Gonsalves came up with his interception with 40 seconds to go and returned it 30 yards for a TD.

Charles Walker's 7-yard TD run early in the fouth quarter had given the Tigers (2-1) a 31-25 lead. St. X played the second half without quarterback David Gahafer, who was injured.

St. Xavier 7 16 0 8 -- 31
Bowling Green 7 6 12 13 -- 38

SX - Caffee 5 fumble return (Schickel kick); BG - Renfro 27 pass from Hayes (Drobocky kick); SX - Schickel 43 field goal; SX - Percell 1 run (kick failed); BG - Tisdale 4 run (kick failed); SX - Roshkowski 22 pass from Gahafer (Schickel kick); BG - Renfro 9 pass from Hayes (kick failed); BG - Pillow 15 run (kick failed); SX - Walker 7 run (Walker run); BG - Fant 31 pass from Hayes (Drobocky kick); BG - Gonsalves 30 interception return (kick failed).

S B
First downs 10 14
Total Net Yards 247 354
Rushes-Yards 39-159 28-54
Passing 88 300
Comp-Att-Int 5-12-2 20-32-0
Punts-Average 4-30 2-31
Fumbles-Lost 3-2 1-1
Penalties-Yards 11-85 6-55

http://www.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...2308310147
Wideleft01 Wrote:When was Bowling Green ever the 2nd best team in the state? Certainly not last year. They may be this year, but I doubt it. Funny how they finally won a title after 5a was watered down. Western ky football is weak and undisciplined.

Do you know how stupid you are? It's unbelievable. It's your opinion that FTH was better than BG last year, according to most the state and 95% of national rankings BG was better than them. Western KY football is weak? You dont see Highlads scheduling any Saint X's or Trinitys do you? No. Because the last time they did X put a running clock on them once and beat them by 21 the other time.
Yet another game that I got wrong on my pick'em this week!

Congrats Purples!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Fade Wrote:Do you know how stupid you are? It's unbelievable. It's your opinion that FTH was better than BG last year, according to most the state and 95% of national rankings BG was better than them. Western KY football is weak? You dont see Highlads scheduling any Saint X's or Trinitys do you? No. Because the last time they did X put a running clock on them once and beat them by 21 the other time.

:Clap:

All I hear is crickets.