Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardest Hitter in the Mountains?
We've seen threads about the top QB's and most exciting players, so I thought it was time for us to discuss some defense.

Who do you think hits the hardest?
Zach Thacker from Belfry and Cory Shouse from Breathitt are the first two I think of.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Zach Thacker from Belfry and Cory Shouse from Breathitt are the first two I think of.

Thacker is pound for pound tough to beat.

He got burnt on a slant for the only first down the Pirate varsity allowed the other night...the next time the receiver ran the same route Thacker damn near killed the poor kid the second the ball got to him. Nasty, nasty hitter.
i'll take solid fundamental tackling over" hard hitting"all day.seen a lot of guys go or the kill and get beat.give me the guy who makes the tackle and the progress stops there.
big blu 2 u Wrote:i'll take solid fundamental tackling over" hard hitting"all day.seen a lot of guys go or the kill and get beat.give me the guy who makes the tackle and the progress stops there.

Carson Whitehead of Harlan Co.
I would have to put Boston Bryant (44)and Tillman Jackson (4) from Whitley County on this list.:rockon::rockon:
Messer from Belfry
Don't know who the hardest hitter is I have not seen everyone play but I can say of the ones I have seen Hayden Canady from KNOX is a very solid and very hard hitting LB.
Jake Middleton and Tucker Lewis from HC.
Jake Middleton, Tucker Lewis, and Carson Whitehead from HC!
Willamsburg"s Logan Hamblin linebacker 6'3" about 230 will light you up,he was sports overtime hit of the week last year a couple of times.
Cory Shouse & Brayton Fugate for Breathitt are 2 of the hardest hitters & 2 of the best lb's in the mtns. Trent will lay the wood 2, he's not just the best qb in the mtns but also 1 of the best safties.
I understand that the reputation for being a hard hitter is formed over a few seasons, not just one or two games but there's a freshman out there that should be on your radar.

Austin Husky from Williamsburg. His hit on Ty Saragas on Friday was as hard as any I've seen. Saragas is a big tough kid. I've heard that he may not be back for this Friday's game. I hope he's OK.

I watched Husky play middle school ball the past few years and Friday's hit was no fluke. A few plays before the Saragas hit, Husky chased another Harlan ballcarrier down from behind. He has a great motor. Check out the highlights.
Tevin slaughter and Tyson Williams of somerset. Somersets defense is very good.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Tevin slaughter and Tyson Williams of somerset. Somersets defense is very good.

From the sound of it on the radio there were a few guys laying the wood for us against SW the other night. I agree though, I wouldn't want to have to meet either of these two in the open field just off the eye test alone.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:I would have to put Boston Bryant (44)and Tillman Jackson (4) from Whitley County on this list.:rockon::rockon:

I have only watched him play a couple of times, but Boston Bryant is a load.
Cory Shouse
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
cherokee Wrote:Willamsburg"s Logan Hamblin linebacker 6'3" about 230 will light you up,he was sports overtime hit of the week last year a couple of times.

"SOMETIMES YOU JUST GOTTA BLOW IT UP!!!" haha

- Rock
http://www.derekforrest.com
http://www.twitter.com/derekwymt
Daddycat27 Wrote:Jake Middleton, Tucker Lewis, and Carson Whitehead from HC!

Allow me to add Aaron Caldwell for HC; he will ring your bell!!
(and NO I am NOT prejudice!!)

Confusednicker:
bhs12 Wrote:Cory Shouse & Brayton Fugate for Breathitt are 2 of the hardest hitters & 2 of the best lb's in the mtns. Trent will lay the wood 2, he's not just the best qb in the mtns but also 1 of the best safties.

Trent might be the best player in the mountains. I'm gonna have to watch them play o just how good Brayton is.
Matt Hall - Johnson Central
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
RoShamBo Wrote:From the sound of it on the radio there were a few guys laying the wood for us against SW the other night. I agree though, I wouldn't want to have to meet either of these two in the open field just off the eye test alone.

Somerset has a bunch of kids that will hit you, but Slauter and Williams brings the Wood everytime. Slauter 6' 235, Williams 6'4 245. You will know they have been there.