Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Covington Catholic
18.18%
Cincinnati LaSalle
81.82%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic @ Cincinnati LaSalle 8/31
2-0 Covington Catholic is one of only two teams in the state to not give up a point on defense (Shelby 1-0 the other). Cincinnati #10 LaSalle is coming off a loss to #7 Lakota West 46-34. LaSalle comes from the dominant GCL.
cincinnati lasalle 31

Covington catholic 24
lasalle has a nasty D-line, but there's nothing behind it. if Bir has time to throw, CCH will hang in there. this should be a fun game
Would love to check this game out. Good luck to Covington Catholic! Represent Kentucky well boys!
One thing for sure, Cov Cath D will not remain unscored upon after this game. I like LaSalle in this one by 14.
Didn't Covcath wave the white flag at half last year and call off the 2nd half? LaSalle is no good this year, but that's still better than Covcath. Covcath beat a couple of Lee Harvey Oswalds(patsies) and now they think they're good.
Cchs!!!!
Wideleft01 Wrote:Didn't Covcath wave the white flag at half last year and call off the 2nd half? LaSalle is no good this year, but that's still better than Covcath. Covcath beat a couple of Lee Harvey Oswalds(patsies) and now they think they're good.

I agree. Cov Cath beat two middle school teams, and now they think they can keep up with anybody. White flag will be waved for Cov Cath no later than the third quarter.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Didn't Covcath wave the white flag at half last year and call off the 2nd half? LaSalle is no good this year, but that's still better than Covcath. Covcath beat a couple of Lee Harvey Oswalds(patsies) and now they think they're good.
yea ok LaSalle is ranked in the top 10 in D1 in Greater Cincinnati. They're just awful. Granted they're no NCC but..................
This will be the water mark for CovCath. LaSalle will expose their weakness and show them just where their at as a program
WideRight05 Wrote:I agree. Cov Cath beat two middle school teams, and now they think they can keep up with anybody. White flag will be waved for Cov Cath no later than the third quarter.

Who is THEY??? Show proof of the gloating or cockiness:lame:
LaSalle

Cov Cath did not call off the 2nd half doofus. The game was called by officials halfway in due to the heat index.
Yes- LaSalle was beating them royally at the time and CCH had no chance of coming back- but they did not call off the game themselves.
You're an airbag.
cov cath will get beat really bad
i'll take LaSalle @ home by 6
Stardust Wrote:Who is THEY??? Show proof of the gloating or cockiness:lame:

Isn't it obvious Mr. Dust? :biggrin: Who else thinks they are hot stuff every year only to get their rear ends handed to them by the big boys?
bluedad1 Wrote:Cov Cath did not call off the 2nd half doofus. The game was called by officials halfway in due to the heat index.
Yes- LaSalle was beating them royally at the time and CCH had no chance of coming back- but they did not call off the game themselves.
You're an airbag.

Covcath said "thanks refs". If they had anything left the coaches and players along with the fans would have demanded the game be completed.

Of course, if they had any self respect, they would have shut down the program the year Highlands was up 55-0 at halftime. Why Dale didn't hang a hundy and twenty on them that night, I'll never know.
bluedad1 Wrote:Cov Cath did not call off the 2nd half doofus. The game was called by officials halfway in due to the heat index.
You're an airbag.

Hammer, meet nail!:rockon: Could not have said it more better myself.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Covcath said "thanks refs". If they had anything left the coaches and players along with the fans would have demanded the game be completed.

Of course, if they had any self respect, they would have shut down the program the year Highlands was up 55-0 at halftime. Why Dale didn't hang a hundy and twenty on them that night, I'll never know.

cov cath was good that year lowlands just cheated like lowlands always does but no fear cov cath will come back this year and they will beat highlands twice once in the season and maybe in the playoffs that is if ashland and johnson central and rowan county don't beat them first
The Colonels win this one.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:The Colonels win this one.

I agree with you whackem. CovCath is much better this year than they were last year and LaSalle is much worse this year than they were last year. Big rebuilding year for LaSalle. Grippa is going with the youth movement. Likely to have 2 or 3 frosh starting for LaSalle on O, including possibly the QB. Kid is supposedly very talented, but if CovCath's D is as good as advertised, I don't see LaSalle putting many points on the board. One of LaSalle's starting O linemen is also a frosh. Unlike the other GCL south teams that avoid deep cycles, LaSalle has them. They are really good every several years, when they have a large group of seniors that started varsity beginning when they were sophomores. They take their lumps for year or two, then as seniors LaSalle is good. Last year was a senior laden, talented LaSalle team. I'm told this is a year they will take their lumps.
Lasall wins this one easy. They are better than everyone in Northern Kentucky this season. Lakota West is no push over and is far more talented than any team in Northern Kentucky. They have one of the best running backs in the country and simply fed the beast.
nptb17 Wrote:Lasall wins this one easy. They are better than everyone in Northern Kentucky this season. Lakota West is no push over and is far more talented than any team in Northern Kentucky. They have one of the best running backs in the country and simply fed the beast.

Perhaps you are right. But the LaSalle folks sure don't think they have a very good team this year.

As for Lakota West, talented teams do not necessarily equate to great or even good teams.
charlie22 Wrote:Perhaps you are right. But the LaSalle folks sure don't think they have a very good team this year.

As for Lakota West, talented teams do not necessarily equate to great or even good teams.

And to piggy back on what you said, Larry Cox of Lakota west is an average coach. He has had some of the best talent in SouthWest Ohio and done nothing with it. I was just trying to point out the type of team Lakota west is for whoever said you should never lose to them.

Lasalle should be favored but I haven't seen Cov Cath this season so I'm probably wrong.
nptb17 Wrote:And to piggy back on what you said, Larry Cox of Lakota west is an average coach. He has had some of the best talent in SouthWest Ohio and done nothing with it. I was just trying to point out the type of team Lakota west is for whoever said you should never lose to them.

Lasalle should be favored but I haven't seen Cov Cath this season so I'm probably wrong.

It was some GCL types that were upset that LaSalle had lost to LW. They said the same thing that you said: LW seems to always have a few really good athletes but due to coaching and other reasons, it doesn't equate to really good football teams....teams on a level of the GCL South. They may have been blowing some GCL smoke; then again, I don't recall LW ever making a lot of noise in the Ohio playoffs. Have they recently? So I think their comments came from the perspective that a GCL South team (even La Salle) should never lose to LW unless the GCL South team is really down.

Any way, I was told by these same guys that LaSalle is so young this year that they just aren't going to be very good (by GCL South standards). In a couple of years when a very talented frosh class gets some hair on them, they expect LaSalle to be very good.

For the record, I haven't seen CovCath yet this year either. But the blue Colonels fans are really talking this team up. Decisive wins over Campbell County and Dixie really haven't proven much, so this game should tell us a lot about CovCath.
Lasalle is down from last year. Covcath may be the same or better. LaSalle wins 27 14.
charlie22 Wrote:It was some GCL types that were upset that LaSalle had lost to LW. They said the same thing that you said: LW seems to always have a few really good athletes but due to coaching and other reasons, it doesn't equate to really good football teams....teams on a level of the GCL South. They may have been blowing some GCL smoke; then again, I don't recall LW ever making a lot of noise in the Ohio playoffs. Have they recently? So I think their comments came from the perspective that a GCL South team (even La Salle) should never lose to LW unless the GCL South team is really down.

Any way, I was told by these same guys that LaSalle is so young this year that they just aren't going to be very good (by GCL South standards). In a couple of years when a very talented frosh class gets some hair on them, they expect LaSalle to be very good.

For the record, I haven't seen CovCath yet this year either. But the blue Colonels fans are really talking this team up. Decisive wins over Campbell County and Dixie really haven't proven much, so this game should tell us a lot about CovCath.
They had a very good squad a few years ago with an All American linebacker. Jordan Hicks was the kids name. They advanced to the senond round and were eliminated by Elder or Anderson. That was a very good team by anyone's standards.
nptb17 Wrote:They had a very good squad a few years ago with an All American linebacker. Jordan Hicks was the kids name. They advanced to the senond round and were eliminated by Elder or Anderson. That was a very good team by anyone's standards.

I remember the Hicks kid. He could play.
This is probably the best game on the board this weekend. Is there video streaming on the Internet anywhere?