Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
95.12%
Danville
4.88%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville @ Boyle co. 8/31
Thoughts,and predictions.
Rebels all the way !!!
this will be a barn burner
Boyle should win but this is a rivalry. I'm sure Danville will be up for the game. Let's hope the hurricane doesn't flood the field (and the fans) Friday evening. Given good weather there should be a good crowd there.
I remember when this game would draw around 8,000 fans,but it's not the rivalry it use to be.
Boyle Co.
Boyle 30 Danville 16.
I don't expect Danville to keep it to two TDs barring crazy bad weather.

BC 45
D 14
BC by 2+ td's
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Boyle County by AT LEAST three scores.
Belfry Freak Wrote:this will be a barn burner

Doubt it.
Boyle, Danville is just not what they used to be.
Fan in Frankfort Wrote:Boyle, Danville is just not what they used to be.

Boyle won State 4A title season before last.
I'll not give a score yet,but i don't think this game will be close.
64black&gold Wrote:Doubt it.

I agree.
Fan in Frankfort Wrote:Boyle, Danville is just not what they used to be.

I agree to a certain extent. I'm not pointing fingers but the support for the Danville football program isn't what it used to be. Boyle County brings the fans. I remember a few years ago Boyle County went through some hard times, average seasons so to speak, and was still able to bring the crowds. This game used to bring anywhere from 4,000-6,000 fans. Danville football will get back to the championship level, heck they have a great chance to win 2A this year. Just don't give up guys. Hang in there. With that said, Boyle County is on a different level and will have full control of the game from start to finish. Good luck to both! Praying for a injury-free game. Be safe going to the game guys!
At the height of this rivalry this game would draw between 6,000 and 8,000 every year.I've not missed a Danville, Boyle county game in the last 25 years.
This could easily be a rout! I don't see this being a game by the 2nd quarter. BC big!
Jack Lambert Wrote:At the height of this rivalry this game would draw between 6,000 and 8,000 every year.I've not missed a Danville, Boyle county game in the last 25 years.

Yes. At the peak of the rivalry, when both teams were consistently top 5-10 in the state, it would draw anywhere in that amount. I've not missed one in 23 years. The rivalry will get back to what it used to be. I think most of us can agree with that.
Boyle in a running clock if the weather stays good. If the weather is bad the game could be closer, but Boyle still wins big
JustGoWithIt Wrote:Yes. At the peak of the rivalry, when both teams were consistently top 5-10 in the state, it would draw anywhere in that amount. I've not missed one in 23 years. The rivalry will get back to what it used to be. I think most of us can agree with that.

Maybe if Danvlle cleans house and gets rid of Harp,and the whole staff.there's alot of internal problems going on at Danville or so i'm told by alot of the Admiral supporters.
You all do realize Boyle hasn't stopped anyone on defense all year and their offense is very one dimensional. Well let me rephrase it Boyles defense played pretty well on D against Collins but either the offense or special teams makes mistakes to allow the other team to stay in the game. Danvilles defense is only giving up 6 points a game and Boyles DBs are having a hard time covering anyone. With that being said Boyle may win but it's not a blow out. Boyles football will be down for the next 5 to 6 years it's not the same teams that have had.
Jack you do realize Boyles great defensive coordinator worked under Perry at Garrad and that 2 of the main problems with the coaching staff have already been dealt with and sent packing. Before making those type of comments you all should be worrying about who will be taking over for French after this year. Hope it's not a repeat of Purdue.
cctiger Wrote:You all do realize Boyle hasn't stopped anyone on defense all year and their offense is very one dimensional. Well let me rephrase it Boyles defense played pretty well on D against Collins but either the offense or special teams makes mistakes to allow the other team to stay in the game. Danvilles defense is only giving up 6 points a game and Boyles DBs are having a hard time covering anyone. With that being said Boyle may win but it's not a blow out. Boyles football will be down for the next 5 to 6 years it's not the same teams that have had.

I'll agree Boyles turning the ball over way to much,and as far as Danville's 6pts a game on defense if they had played Highlands and Collins it could very well be 50 pts. a game.I disagree with Boyle being down the next 5 or 6 years.we have alot of young talent coming up.
cctiger Wrote:Jack you do realize Boyles great defensive coordinator worked under Perry at Garrad and that 2 of the main problems with the coaching staff have already been dealt with and sent packing. Before making those type of comments you all should be worrying about who will be taking over for French after this year. Hope it's not a repeat of Purdue.

IMO if Coach Hester learnd anything about defense it was from Chuck Smith not perry.when French retires we have a pretty good ideal of who will be Boyles next head coach,and if it works out the way i'm told it will be a step up not down.I hope Danville does get thier internal problems fixed to be quite honest Danvilles not been very competitive for a while,and the rivalry is not what it use to be.Lexington Catholic is Boyles main rival now not Danville.
Boyle Co. big... Big meaning at least 3 TD.
Boyle by a lot.
boyle 48-20
cctiger Wrote:Danvilles defense is only giving up 6 points a game and Boyles DBs are having a hard time covering anyone. With that being said Boyle may win but it's not a blow out.

I think your find out soon enough that Boyle's offense is a little better than Lincoln's and Simon Kenton's. That 6 point average per game is going to rise like gas prices come Friday night. :Thumbs: Boyle's DB has had a hard time this year, but Danville has to pass the ball and I just do not see that happening.
cctiger Wrote:You all do realize Boyle hasn't stopped anyone on defense all year and their offense is very one dimensional. Well let me rephrase it Boyles defense played pretty well on D against Collins but either the offense or special teams makes mistakes to allow the other team to stay in the game. Danvilles defense is only giving up 6 points a game and Boyles DBs are having a hard time covering anyone. With that being said Boyle may win but it's not a blow out. Boyles football will be down for the next 5 to 6 years it's not the same teams that have had.

I know you aren't comparing a schedule of Simon Kenton & Lincoln with as schedule of Highlands and Collins. :yikes:

HHS was as much about the Birds as it was Boyle's defense. Look at what Highlands did to Scott County and you understand what I mean.