4. Hazard
5. Breathitt County
6. Williamsburg
7. Somerset
8. Knox Central
9. Whitley County
10. Johnson Central

***Updated August 20th***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good to see Bell Co and Harlan Co not drop. Both played great out of Mountain competition. Lex Cath or Morristown West would probably beat the other 8 teams on that list as well.
How did W'burg get to be #6 ?? By beating Jellico Tenn, LOL
WOW! I am still laughing at the fact that Williamsburg is in the Top 10! Makes absolutely no sense and it makes me wonder what if any research they are doing regarding the mountain teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
loss is a loss should have dropped
Harlan in front of Belfry? :yikes:
Belfry has as many wins as Harlan County. I think they didn't move up because they didn't play. Had Belfry played and won they should have moved to #1.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Good to see Bell Co and Harlan Co not drop. Both played great out of Mountain competition. Lex Cath or Morristown West would probably beat the other 8 teams on that list as well.

I agree, I was watching the Mwest game thinking they look alot like LexCath in the offense. Both teams are really good and I agree neither should have dropped Bell will still be good and we are still pretty good to. Smile
Patriot Wrote:Belfry has as many wins as Harlan County. I think they didn't move up because they didn't play. Had Belfry played and won they should have moved to #1.

I agree Patriot.
Nothing changed because not everyone played Wink
Hay is this a beauty contest or best teams’ in the Mt. ranking? Based on the initial ranking it appears clear to me it a beauty contest. That being the case then Bell Co and Harlan Co should not have dropped any in the ranking due to their losses. However, If the Mt. ranking is to be a ranking of the best teams in the Mt. than both should have dropped. Last, if it not a beauty contest what the Abyss(synonym) is Hazard ranked # 4, Breathitt County ranked # 5 and Williamsburt ranked # 6 (no clue). Just my thoughts.
My ranking (not a beauty contest) of the Mt. top 10.
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Knox
4. Johnson Central
5. Harlan County
6. Whitley County
7. Summerset
8. Hazard
9. Breathitt County
10. Southwestern
How many Mtn teams do you know that would play Back to Back games against a ranked 4A team (Lex Cath) and another 6A team (Bryan Station) on the ROAD in Lexington on THEIR fields for the first 2 games of the season? IMO takes gut and determination to do that.
Eagle84 Wrote:Hay is this a beauty contest or best teams’ in the Mt. ranking? Based on the initial ranking it appears clear to me it a beauty contest. That being the case then Bell Co and Harlan Co should not have dropped any in the ranking due to their losses. However, If the Mt. ranking is to be a ranking of the best teams in the Mt. than both should have dropped. Last, if it not a beauty contest what the Abyss(synonym) is Hazard ranked # 4, Breathitt County ranked # 5 and Williamsburt ranked # 6 (no clue). Just my thoughts.
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Knox
4. Johnson Central
5. Harlan County
6. Whitley County
7. Summerset
8. Hazard
9. Breathitt County
10. Southwestern

First Knox Central shouldn't be ranked ahead of Harlan Co and Johnson Central. Also who is Summerset?
Eagle84 Wrote:Hay is this a beauty contest or best teams’ in the Mt. ranking? Based on the initial ranking it appears clear to me it a beauty contest. That being the case then Bell Co and Harlan Co should not have dropped any in the ranking due to their losses. However, If the Mt. ranking is to be a ranking of the best teams in the Mt. than both should have dropped. Last, if it not a beauty contest what the Abyss(synonym) is Hazard ranked # 4, Breathitt County ranked # 5 and Williamsburt ranked # 6 (no clue). Just my thoughts.
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Knox
4. Johnson Central
5. Harlan County
6. Whitley County
7. Summerset
9. Breathitt County
10. Southwestern

Sounding out words isn't always the best way to spell them.
L0L @ Johnson Central
If they lose Friday where will they fall to in your non-beauty contest?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:How many Mtn teams do you know that would play Back to Back games against a ranked 4A team (Lex Cath) and another 6A team (Bryan Station) on the ROAD in Lexington on THEIR fields for the first 2 games of the season? IMO takes gut and determination to do that.

Belfry wouldTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:How many Mtn teams do you know that would play Back to Back games against a ranked 4A team (Lex Cath) and another 6A team (Bryan Station) on the ROAD in Lexington on THEIR fields for the first 2 games of the season? IMO takes gut and determination to do that.

You could play Alabama and LSU back to back if you want. But when you lose it doesn't make a difference.
cuppett777 Wrote:Belfry wouldTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Then lets see it? Wink
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Knox
4. Johnson Central
5. Harlan County
6. Whitley County
7. Summerset
8. Hazard
9. Breathitt County
10. Southwestern

Not sure if I agree totally with the order you have ranked these teams,but I do agree with what you have said about it being a beauty contest or I had rather call it a hype contest. As much as I love WYMT they need to get real with the Mountain Top Ten. Williamsburg is a tough 1A team but I don't see them beating any of the teams on this list. Hazard at #5 is also a little much but they do belong somewhere in the top ten for the fact that they are returning state champs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bell stays #1 till a Mt Team beats us! Id love to see Bell vs Belfry for State be an awsome match up!! Just sayin....
Out of the top 10 that what happens if you lose.
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Knox
4. Johnson Central
5. Harlan County
6. Whitley County
7. Summerset
8. Hazard
9. Breathitt County
10. Southwestern

wow.
BobCatFan29 Wrote:Bell stays #1 till a Mt Team beats us! Id love to see Bell vs Belfry for State be an awsome match up!! Just sayin....

Bell will stay #1 til August 27th

But they don't.

PLaying at LexCath, solid gutsy game. At BS, not so much.
zaga_fan Wrote:Mountain Football Top Ten brought to you by Alice Lloyd College:

1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Hazard
5. Breathitt County
6. Williamsburg
7. Somerset
8. Knox Central
9. Whitley County
10. Johnson Central

***Updated August 20th***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hazard above Breathitt and JohnCen? Not til they prove it. Williamsburg, mm? Of course it's early, and no real evidence exists for much of anything yet.
Who really cares! At least it gives us something to talk about!

I think we need a Bowl Game like the Ray Correll Bowl with Harlan County, Bell, Belfry and someone else (maybe Johnson Central/Breathitt/etc. Just rotate who plays each year and that way everyone is happy. But I do not think it needs to be at the beginning or the end of the season. Right in the middle. That way you have the hype of a season opener, a big game later, district play, and the playoffs.
Observing Wrote:PLaying at LexCath, solid gutsy game. At BS, not so much.

So playing on the road at 6A #10 ranked BS field isn't?
After 2mar night, move Breathitt and Belfry moves up and Hazard moves down. mark it down!
I think Breathitt Co. is the most underrated team in the mountains!

Does Belfry play Harlan Co? Would they play either Bell or Harlan Co in regular,season?