Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan 41 Pikeville 21
Green Dragons turn heads while Pikeville shoots themselves in the foot showing inexperience.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Green Dragons turn heads while Pikeville shoots themselves in the foot showing inexperience.

This is true. Congrats Harlan.
Nice win for the dragons.
Good win harlan but i wouldnt of though by 20 points..
Harlan is going to make some serious noise this year. Their coach does a good job. He is always competitive at such a small school. Congrats Harlan.
Said it all along Pikeville didn't look too impressive. Great win for the Dragons.
Harlan letting people know that they are for real this year....impressive win!!
Great win
Ive never seen a dragon team to hyped and ready, and they all look good physically so id say the of season and weight room payed off
before the dragons took out the starters it was 41-14, that just looks so much better
AND i wanna commend the linemen, the coaches have really turned thay portion of the team around
So*
Off*
That*
Harlan did make a few mistakes but they did look strong. Pikeville made a few costly mistakes or the score could have been closer. Harlan was definitely the stronger of the two but I will have to say that Pikeville teams traditionally start out slow and finish strong. This Panther team could develop into a tough out come playoff time. The makings are there they just need to stay focused and try to overcome. Now,the Dragon's have got thier work cut out for them next week with a trip to Williamsburg and they will have to keep thier heads on straight and improve over the next few days cause there may not be room for the mistakes that were made tonight. Congrats to the Dragons and coach Donahue. We may just have a team that will compete with the Bulldogs this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
congrats to Harlan
Congrats to Harlan. Good win; however that is probably the worst Pikeville team that I have ever seen. From the looks of the game tonight they have two players (#21 and #8) and that is it and may be in for a long year except they are in a weak district. If someone is going to unthrone them in their district this could definitely be the year to do it.
I hope Harlan is for real. I would love to see a Mountain Class A team push Hazard this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree with hitemup,this is not a real good Pikeville team. However, I do believe Harlan looked to be a much better team then last yr.
Good Job Harlan
May come down to Harlan and Hazard unless things change. Raceland and Fairview both beat the weak Carter Co. teams tonight, but from what I can gather, had to basically play 4 quarters to make their margin.
Didn't expect a 20 point win. Congrats!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is the beginning of a horrible losing streak for the panthers who will now start the season off 0-6. Their next 5 games are even tougher then this one, so I believe it is safe to say Pikeville will win their first game on OCT 5th vs South Floyd.
Congratulations to Coach J.B. Donahue and his Green Dragons on a great win to start off the season.
Any stats from this one?
Watching the highlights last night, I had a hard time believing that the other team was Pikeville.

Congrats to Harlan... I guess all the publicity from 'Justified' has got you all motivated.
Didn't quite expect a 20 pt win either. Grats Green Dragons!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
sportsguru4u Wrote:This is the beginning of a horrible losing streak for the panthers who will now start the season off 0-6. Their next 5 games are even tougher then this one, so I believe it is safe to say Pikeville will win their first game on OCT 5th vs South Floyd.

The next stretch of pikeville's schedule is dang tough but I believe the Panther's will win thier next game against Powell Co. but after that it gets real tough. No matter the schedule,Pikeville will get somewhat better by playoff time and they still have a shot at a regional championship. It depends on how they respond to the losses this season. If they start to believe in themselves the way they did last season thier luck will change.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:The next stretch of pikeville's schedule is dang tough but I believe the Panther's will win thier next game against Powell Co. but after that it gets real tough. No matter the schedule,Pikeville will get somewhat better by playoff time and they still have a shot at a regional championship. It depends on how they respond to the losses this season. If they start to believe in themselves the way they did last season thier luck will change.

Agreed Backwoods. It's not going to get any easier for the Panthers from here on out.Pikeville is very young at a lot of positions, but have talent. These young players bold well for the future. Imo, by getting that first win will increase confidence for them. However as you stated, how they respond to the losses early in the season will determine how they do down the stretch. Agreed. They will make some noise in the post season. Impressed by Harlan's win last night. Good luck to the Green Dragons next week.
Hahahahaha congrats Harlan
Wow! Very nice win for the Green Dragons! From what I have heard, they're actually the real deal this year and may contend with Hazard in the post season. Is there any truth to this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
sportsguru4u Wrote:This is the beginning of a horrible losing streak for the panthers who will now start the season off 0-6. Their next 5 games are even tougher then this one, so I believe it is safe to say Pikeville will win their first game on OCT 5th vs South Floyd.
No way under the sun Pikeville goes 0-6 to start the season.
IF that does happen, that might be the first time in the history of the program.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Wow! Very nice win for the Green Dragons! From what I have heard, they're actually the real deal this year and may contend with Hazard in the post season. Is there any truth to this?

Over the last two season Harlan has been trying to reel Hazard in. In 2010 with a team of 14 sophomores 4 juniors and 4 seniors we took Hazard into the 4th at Hazard down only 7 and Hazard ripped off 3 TD'd in the 4th for the win 50-20. But it was a moral victory for us because of our youth. Last season with everyone a year older but with 4 starters out of the offense and defense we played them tough. Just down a TD at the half and then they took over and beat us 38-13. This will be our best shot at them with all those talented sophomores from 2 season's ago now being SR's. If we can reach that game intact health wise I feel we will be able to give them a good run. Hazard will be very good but I don't feel they will be as tough as last years team. I could be wrong. Thier coach does a really good job preparing them. The key for us is to stay healthy!!! Also to continue to improve as the games come and go. If we can get 2 of the next 3 games I think we will have the confidence to compete with them on a whole new level for Harlan football. If the injuries start coming it could turn into another season like last. Whatever happens,good luck to the Harlan Green Dragons.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:Over the last two season Harlan has been trying to reel Hazard in. In 2010 with a team of 14 sophomores 4 juniors and 4 seniors we took Hazard into the 4th at Hazard down only 7 and Hazard ripped off 3 TD'd in the 4th for the win 50-20. But it was a moral victory for us because of our youth. Last season with everyone a year older but with 4 starters out of the offense and defense we played them tough. Just down a TD at the half and then they took over and beat us 38-13. This will be our best shot at them with all those talented sophomores from 2 season's ago now being SR's. If we can reach that game intact health wise I feel we will be able to give them a good run. Hazard will be very good but I don't feel they will be as tough as last years team. I could be wrong. Thier coach does a really good job preparing them. The key for us is to stay healthy!!! Also to continue to improve as the games come and go. If we can get 2 of the next 3 games I think we will have the confidence to compete with them on a whole new level for Harlan football. If the injuries start coming it could turn into another season like last. Whatever happens,good luck to the Harlan Green Dragons.

Thanks for the explanation!! I really hope that the Green Dragons are able to have an injury free season because I would love to see them make a run in the playoffs!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I watched the game last night on Pike TV. They will be fine this year. Give them a couple weeks to get their young guys some experience.