Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Federal Prison Could Be Coming To Kentucky
Southeastern Kentucky could soon have a fourth federal prison.

Congressman Hal Rogers stopped in Letcher County where community members have formed a committee in an effort to attract the bureau of prisons to the region, one more time.

No other region in the country has three federal prisons and southeastern Kentucky could soon be the home of a fourth site for the bureau of prisons.

"They like the reception they've had in eastern Kentucky and they like the fact that we were able to insert money in the budget to allow them to build another prison in the region where the need is great," Rogers said.

M
embers of the Letcher County Planning Commission say the county needs the four to five hundred jobs that the prison would bring.

"We've had nine rail mines that have gone by the wayside in the last eight years and we don't have anything to replace the employment in those mines," Don Childers said.

F
ive million dollars has been allocated for the federal bureau of prisons to research the mid-atlantic region for possible sites and Hal Rogers says he pointed the B.O.P. toward Letcher County.

"Letcher County has been focused on this for two to three years, no one else in my district has come that far. They have specifically organized a committee in the county to go after the federal prison so I'm trying to help them," Rogers said.

I
t's help that some residents say will last for generations.

Rogers says there is still an application process and the bureau of prisons will begin their study on possible communities.

thats becuase of kentucky's rep. of being tough ppl lol
I saw this on the news the other day.. We're going to be surrounded by criminals lol
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I saw this on the news the other day...We're going to be surrounded by criminals lol

Thanks I feel better now 15th..lol..j/k
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I saw this on the news the other day.. We're going to be surrounded by criminals lol
honey we already are.. they just aint been caught yet
Vincent Vega Wrote:honey we already are.. they just aint been caught yet

LOL...true, true!!!

Why am I starting to feel like Kentucky is becoming the "trash dump" for the "human garbage" of the country?
We're not by that type of criminals yet.. the one's in the federal prisons are different than the ones around here
East Ky is going to be famous for hydrocodone, oxycodone and prisons... LOL, what a match!!!
Vincent Vega Wrote:honey we already are.. they just aint been caught yet
lol
Great
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:East Ky is going to be famous for hydrocodone, oxycodone and prisons... LOL, what a match!!!

Oxycodone kills more than cancer in East Ky. Its sad but its true.
Lock the doors and the windows and get the guns ready lol................
all i see are more job opportunities.
The Federal Prisons bring great jobs with them. They're dangerous but are good paying with nice benefits.
It's no worse than the military. Smile
yeah if its gonna bring more jobs then thats a plus......