Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2012
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Paul you have not idea what you are talking about. Bell will be fine. They could have 1 of the better O-line groups thay have had since 2008. Hudson at RT is possibly the best OT they have had in a long time. Burnett at LT is a 3 year starter. Marcum is back at Center. They have 4 or 5 kids competing for time at the OG's spots and all will be fine. Johnson who played RG last year was the best OL on that team but Bell on a whole will have a better OL.

If you think M'boro will give them a game you are mistaken. They lost the whole offense in Roark and most of the defense. They are still a year or 2 away. 6-4 sound like a hater prediction. LexCath will be very good, Whitley will be improved and Wayne will be the toughest district opponent. But Bell will still be the overwhelming favorite in the district and in all the games except LexCath and Possibly HC but we know how that game always goes.

:Thumbs:
is it true tht bell and knox will play again in 2014?? jus been hearin it around. i think cause of the contract thing. lemme know
Well it is the dead period and football season is about to get underway. I think that the first practice is July 16th. Won't be long now.
If Mills puts the ball in Polly's hands as much as they did Davenport's, you're all going to see a breakout star. From what I'm hearing he's put some muscle weight on and has worked his tail off since the Central game. Looking for big things from him. Bell will be just fine.
I don't get too far down the road of making predictions since I usually have a hard time remembering where I left my keys, never mind where I will put them tomorrow. Still, I have to say I am very interested to see how Coach Mills and the boys in blue fare in the post-Davenport era. When a program is blessed to have a "system" that young men train in and follow - players matter less. And that could prove to be the case this year for sure. But in all my days of playing, coaching, and watching football - Davenport was one of the top 10 players I have ever seen. Filling those shoes will be an impossible task. The offensive production will have to come from other places. Os is an amazing athlete who will need to be a true playmaker this year for Bell to have a big year.

Fact is, you can hang the District banner up there in August since Bell is now 3A. The only question is can they win anything beyond that.
Mr.D u know as well as I do bell will b bell. Don't matter if Burnett, R. Robbins, Chaney, s. Robbins or Davenport is playin rb they will b ok!
Bell have much of a chance against Lex Cath this year?
64black&gold Wrote:Bell have much of a chance against Lex Cath this year?

They did last year don't see why they can't this year either. Only lost 7 seniors with majority of O-line returning.
Amped 88 Wrote:They did last year don't see why they can't this year either. Only lost 7 seniors with majority of O-line returning.

Bell has a chance, don't care who they are playing. Bell will be very good again.
Cellking Wrote:Bell has a chance, don't care who they are playing. Bell will be very good again.

:Thumbs:
Just wondering because Boyle played them very very close last year, has a Sr. heavy team and we have no chance in most eyes because Bolin returns. Just wondering if Bell was already being discounted also.
I want to start off by saying that I'm not against bell. I have all the respect in the world for Bell and I think we need teams like Bell int the mountains so we have a chance to compete with the teams out west and up north,but I don't think this new coach from knox is the next coach Hilton. This coach put the best teams together that he could at knox and they were solid but they could never beat a championship caliber team. I think they had just as much talent and speed as Bell in the 2010 season but they lost to Bell twice that season and we all know what went down in the 2nd game in the post season. This coach IMO just don't have the thing,what ever it is that Hilton had that separated him from just good to great. Bell will be good they will be strong in the mountains and they will get deep in the post season from time to time. They may even squeeze into a championship maybe one time but a coach Hilton he is not. Just my OP but I hope i'm wrong. Last year he was still playing with a lot of what the old coach built but now he must build his own program and team. Only time will tell
Do-double-gg Wrote:I want to start off by saying that I'm not against bell. I have all the respect in the world for Bell and I think we need teams like Bell int the mountains so we have a chance to compete with the teams out west and up north,but I don't think this new coach from knox is the next coach Hilton. This coach put the best teams together that he could at knox and they were solid but they could never beat a championship caliber team. I think they had just as much talent and speed as Bell in the 2010 season but they lost to Bell twice that season and we all know what went down in the 2nd game in the post season. This coach IMO just don't have the thing,what ever it is that Hilton had that separated him from just good to great. Bell will be good they will be strong in the mountains and they will get deep in the post season from time to time. They may even squeeze into a championship maybe one time but a coach Hilton he is not. Just my OP but I hope i'm wrong. Last year he was still playing with a lot of what the old coach built but now he must build his own program and team. Only time will tell

There is a big difference in Knox Central and Bell County. Coach Mills brought them from the cellar to compete with Bell. I think that Coach Mills will do a lot better than most people think. And you are right time will tell all. No disrespect to Coach Hilton at all he made Bell what they are today and I think that Mills and staff will keep the tradition alive.
I dropped my boy off at Carson Newman Sunday for his first go at football outside the mountains. Things were going well until I met his roomate's dad who lives in Knoxville and started bragging on Bell County football. I put him in a rear naked choke before the boys could get me off him... LOL.

Bell has established a level of pride for football in the mountains that I will always be grateful for. And frankly, no program has benefited more from Bell's accomplishments than we have. Knox had a Bell trained Coach turn the program around and now we have Coach Russell leading the team - who frankly, I would not trade for any coach in Kentucky.

Hats off to Bell for the bringing a great name to football for our area. Good luck in 2012.
Football1 Wrote:I dropped my boy off at Carson Newman Sunday for his first go at football outside the mountains. Things were going well until I met his roomate's dad who lives in Knoxville and started bragging on Bell County football. I put him in a rear naked choke before the boys could get me off him... LOL.

Bell has established a level of pride for football in the mountains that I will always be grateful for. And frankly, no program has benefited more from Bell's accomplishments than we have. Knox had a Bell trained Coach turn the program around and now we have Coach Russell leading the team - who frankly, I would not trade for any coach in Kentucky.

Hats off to Bell for the bringing a great name to football for our area. Good luck in 2012.

Thanks Football1 you are a class act!!! Good luck to your son I wish him the best.:Thumbs:
To be honest, its almost time for me to decide on where to send my two boys who are now 10 and 8. Once the get up to middle school football, they could be enrolled at Bell County middle school.
It all depends on how things go at Whitley over the next year or two and what changes are bring made.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I want to start off by saying that I'm not against bell. I have all the respect in the world for Bell and I think we need teams like Bell int the mountains so we have a chance to compete with the teams out west and up north,but I don't think this new coach from knox is the next coach Hilton. This coach put the best teams together that he could at knox and they were solid but they could never beat a championship caliber team. I think they had just as much talent and speed as Bell in the 2010 season but they lost to Bell twice that season and we all know what went down in the 2nd game in the post season. This coach IMO just don't have the thing,what ever it is that Hilton had that separated him from just good to great. Bell will be good they will be strong in the mountains and they will get deep in the post season from time to time. They may even squeeze into a championship maybe one time but a coach Hilton he is not. Just my OP but I hope i'm wrong. Last year he was still playing with a lot of what the old coach built but now he must build his own program and team. Only time will tell

This coach is not a "new coach". He was at Bell before he went to Knox where he turned a program around and got it on the right track. As far as putting together a championship team, he came very close to beating Bell at Bell (19-14) in '08 when Bell went on to win the state championship. Hilton's first years where not like his last years so don't expect a "new coach" to be a state championship coach right out of the gate. It takes time to build a reputation such as Hilton. All coaches tighten up around state time. Dudley is a prime example. State semi in my opinion is pretty dang good for a first year coach. Mills brings something to the table at Bell that's been missing for a long time. Bell faithfulls know what I'm talking about. The veteran kids as well as the underclassman all the way down into the middle school think the world of him and will give their all to his system. Look for a lot of kids to play that might not of under the old system.
Bell should make a deep run in the postseason. Not much looming in the west at this point, at least west of Louisville.
Good luck bell county in 2012
Tica Wrote:Bell should make a deep run in the postseason. Not much looming in the west at this point, at least west of Louisville.

Don't know anything West of Lville but Central will be loaded again I am sure.
Central has to replace their QB and Wales, and might be a little slow out of the gate. They also benefit from a weak district.
Tica Wrote:Central has to replace their QB and Wales, and might be a little slow out of the gate. They also benefit from a weak district.

I thought that their QB was very underrated he is the one who played well against us last season. Thanks for the info.:Thumbs:

A lot of thEpepole that made bell co football are still there. Coach Hilton done a great job but was not the only piece to the puzzle. Lots of good asst coaches and and hundreds of players that never got the credit they deserved built that program!
I agree 100% WM. Bell has a super bunch of assistant coaches that are underrated and need to be "appreciated" as much as other assistants in the area if you know what I mean. Davenports being gone will not affect the Cats. Like you said Muney, they were peices of the puzzle to. Players come and go, but the tradition, pride, and year in and out success has never changed. Bell has some real stand out players for this season in the Marcum kid, the Cox kid and the Polly kid. These are huge playmakers and will fill any gaps left from the graduated class.

That one quote about "Hilton he is not" that's for sure. Just ask the kids. TongueirateSho
Coach Mills will be fine at Bell Co. or anywhere else they want Football. He is a Super Coach and a better person. Good Luck to him and Bell.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Paul you have not idea what you are talking about. Bell will be fine. They could have 1 of the better O-line groups thay have had since 2008. Hudson at RT is possibly the best OT they have had in a long time. Burnett at LT is a 3 year starter. Marcum is back at Center. They have 4 or 5 kids competing for time at the OG's spots and all will be fine. Johnson who played RG last year was the best OL on that team but Bell on a whole will have a better OL.

If you think M'boro will give them a game you are mistaken. They lost the whole offense in Roark and most of the defense. They are still a year or 2 away. 6-4 sound like a hater prediction. LexCath will be very good, Whitley will be improved and Wayne will be the toughest district opponent. But Bell will still be the overwhelming favorite in the district and in all the games except LexCath and Possibly HC but we know how that game always goes.

I think d j warwick will be one of guards and mills will be the other .mills was going to start last year but he couldnt get his feet going.warwick would be deadly as a pulling guard,low center of gravity ,strong as a ox ,and fast enough to play some backer last year,he would be on them quick then it would be OVER .
I agree bout DJ. He is a multipurpose player that can adapt to any position and won't complain when asked to do a job. I've watched him since grade school and he is always at 110%
I seen Greer went to Corbin to be a Principal at the education center there.
lol, to be honest, i think that helped bell with the admin.
coach wayne mills was assiant under coach hilton for years... he will do fine and maybe better... coach hilton was always high on coach mills being and excellent coach.. he took a very bad knox central team that average maybe 2 wins a year to solid program.. coach mills is a excellent coach and a great motivator.
I have faith that Mills and Bell will keep things rolling.