Lafayette

JV Teams that were undefeated are:

Bryan Station
Henry Clay
Tates Creek
Rowan Co
Scott Co
Harlan Co
Looks like a great group of teams on the Varsity side of play. I guess Scott Co., Southwestern, PRP, and Henry Clay are the teams to beat. Can someone post results from today's games.
Harlan County defeated Southwestern 84-55 in Varsity. Harlan County will play Henry Clay tomorrow at 10:10 AM.

Harlan County defeated West Jessamine 56-18 in JV. Harlan County will play Tates Creek tomorrow at 11:30 AM
Johnson Central beat Rowan and Lafayette today to advance to the final 8. They will face Scott County at 10:10. Shane Hall scored 38 versus Lafayette.
Scott County 76 - Johnson Central 39

PRP 79 - Dunbar 69

West Jessamine 72 - Breathitt County 70

Henry Clay 80 - Harlan County 73

Sheldon Clark/Rowan County

Henry Clay/West Jessamine

PRP/Scott County

North Laurel/Seed 3-6 (unsure of which team that is)

Championship at 4:40
Rowan defeated Sheldon Clark 55-53
Rowan County 55 - Sheldon Clark 53

PRP 82 - Scott County 67

Henry Clay 70 - West Jessamine 56

PRP vs. Henry Clay at 4:40 for the Championship
Henry Clay leads by six in the fourth quarter.
Harlan County will play Bryan Station in the JV finals.
North Laurel 60 - Rowan County 40
Harlan County JV boys go undefeated to win the championship.....and it wasn't even close. This makes two years of summer competition and a complete freshmen/JV season these boys have played together and they have only lost 1 game total. HC should have a top team this year, but when this group of soon to be Sophmores become Juniors and Seniors the high school basketball circuit in the state of Ky better watch out. You have 5 individual stars on the court who can dominate their positions, but also know how to play smart TEAM basketball. These kids are the real deal and have ZERO weaknesses. Go Bears!
Henry Clay wins State AAU title

Henry Clay High School is expected to be one of the state’s top high school boys’ basketball teams next season. The Blue Devils proved the hype is justified a bit this weekend.Henry Clay High School beat Pleasure Ridge Park 70-60 in the championship game of the State AAU Tournament at KBA in Lexington.

Junior-to-be point guard Christen Cunningham was named MVP. Henry Clay standout Jordan Green missed some of the weekend with an injury.

PRP played without junior-to-be standouts Antonio McDaniels and LaMontrey Harris, who were both sidelined with injuries.

Taywan Taylor
and Robert Sawyer, who are both going to be seniors this season, both played solid this weekend for the Panthers.

Henry Clay wins State AAU title | Jody Demling – Recruiting
Gold Charger Wrote:Henry Clay wins State AAU title

Henry Clay High School is expected to be one of the state’s top high school boys’ basketball teams next season. The Blue Devils proved the hype is justified a bit this weekend.Henry Clay High School beat Pleasure Ridge Park 70-60 in the championship game of the State AAU Tournament at KBA in Lexington.

Junior-to-be point guard Christen Cunningham was named MVP. Henry Clay standout Jordan Green missed some of the weekend with an injury.

PRP played without junior-to-be standouts Antonio McDaniels and LaMontrey Harris, who were both sidelined with injuries.

Taywan Taylor
and Robert Sawyer, who are both going to be seniors this season, both played solid this weekend for the Panthers.

Henry Clay wins State AAU title | Jody Demling – Recruiting

I may as well post, I sure can't talk this morning after all the screaming I did at the games!!
Christen Cunningham (CC) was outstanding in his play with Henry Clay. I didn't see a game that Jordan Green missed, BUT I certainly didn't see all of their games. I can't remember the guard's name, but he plays with #2....never saw the kid miss a three pointer. They are very talented and very young..should be a contender for a couple years to come.

Henry Clay's varsity led Harlan County's varsity by as much as 15...in the second quarter. For some reason, we had a bad quarter and you just don't do that against a team like Henry Clay. Harlan County out scored Henry Clay in both the third and fourth quarters.

I'm so proud of the varsity and the representation they made for our county.

Congratulations Harlan County varsity!!

Noww, for the JV. Wow!! They beat a scrappy Bryan Station JV for the win. Bryan Station had just beated Scott County JV in overtime. In the Scott County game, they were led to overtime by a soon to be Freshman guard that's little over 4' tall. You ought to see the heart this kid has! He hit 3 three pointers to propel them into the final period...overtime. It was great.

Harlan County beat one of Rowan County's JV teams to get there. Rowan County brought 3 JV teams to the tournament. They are really good! I think everyone underestimated both the varsity and JV from Harlan. We were able to jump out to quick leads, and then contain for the remainder of the game.

The JV championship game was out of hand early, and Harlan County contained to take the win. It was a relatively easy victory for them, once they got Bryan Station on the ropes. Fatigue may have been a factor in all the final games, but it was something that was even for all teams.

Congratulations Black Bear JV!! Champs!!
Congrats to the Harlan Co. JV team. The Varsity team must have played pretty good also after seeing Henry Clay win the state title. The 13th region is going to be really fun to watch next season. North L. must have also played pretty good beating Rowan Co. in varsity play. North L., Harlan Co., and Clay Co. should be the top 3 teams in the 13th region next season.
^^
Yep, it should be exciting to watch. The only negative thing I have to say about the upcoming basketball season, is that it will mark the end of football!

There were some big time teams up there this weekend; I was impressed and proud of Harlan County's playing.
Congrats Black Bears. Great showing in the tourney.
FIRST Wrote:Congrats to the Harlan Co. JV team. The Varsity team must have played pretty good also after seeing Henry Clay win the state title. The 13th region is going to be really fun to watch next season. North L. must have also played pretty good beating Rowan Co. in varsity play. North L., Harlan Co., and Clay Co. should be the top 3 teams in the 13th region next season.

North Laurel went 1-2 in Pool Play. 19 point loss to Estill County (78-59). Lost to West Jess by 5 (83-78). They beat Woodford County by 23 (66-43)

In Tournament play they went 2-1 with wins over Middlesboro 15-0, Sheldon Clark 55-53. lost to Dunbar 68-52.

Bringing there total Record to 3-3
Man, Id love to be able to watch this games. Hope these boys are having fun while savoring every thing they work and excel on in this summer ball and put it to use come fall!
I wish you had been there vundy! I saw some of the best basketball I've ever seen...and it was ALL right there.
vundy33 Wrote:Man, Id love to be able to watch this games. Hope these boys are having fun while savoring every thing they work and excel on in this summer ball and put it to use come fall!

Last year the AAU state tourney was on ihigh, sad that it isn't this year. Would also have loved to have watched some of it.
Strikeout King Wrote:Scott County 76 - Johnson Central 39

PRP 79 - Dunbar 69

West Jessamine 72 - Breathitt County 70

Henry Clay 80 - Harlan County 73

Sheldon Clark/Rowan County

Henry Clay/West Jessamine

PRP/Scott County

North Laurel/Seed 3-6 (unsure of which team that is)

Championship at 4:40

Was Hall even in the building?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I don't know who you are asking about OTH, but I will say that there were several teams that were incomplete. We had all our players, as most of the teams but I remember hearing several people talk about teams that were playing without key players.
Shane Hall for Johnson Central. One of the Nations Top Juniors.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis