Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ky. pastor told flock to vote out Obama
judgementday Wrote:I agree that is if he is to preach the truth of what the Bible says then he should let no laws stop him.

However, correct me if I am wrong but isn't Romney a Mormon? Which means that he does not believe in the same beliefs as a Christian. So IMO it appears that he has contradicted himself but that is just my take on it.
Should he give up tax free status to do it? Once he starts telling the congregation that he wants Obama out, that church then becomes a PAC, and they get no tax free status.
Bob Seger Wrote:Oh,I agree LWC. Personally I believe they should all just tell em all what they want to hear.

Even got a great name to go over the door.

LWC's Church of Waz Happenin Now!!!!

Really? :insane: Really? :please: Really?

I challenge you. Take a few minutes, go on my website and listen to the message I preached on the passage in Micah during the revival. Then come back and repeat that same first phrase again.

broshane.com (Sorry for the self-promotion. I do not make any money or sell anything on there, I promise.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I AM IN NO WAY SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF THE HAGER HILL FWB CHURCH, THE PASTOR OR ANY OF THE MEMBERS, THIS COMMENT IS JUST MY OPINION.

It's like this, all I've heard about is the church loosing their tax number. BIG DEAL! If our church does loose their tax number, the Lord WILL make a way. The Lord made a way for Daniel in the Lions den, He made a way for Joshua when he fought the battle of Jerico, He made a way for Moses when he needed to cross the Red Sea, He made a way when He fed the masses with 2 fish and 5 loafs of bread.....

I'm reminded of a song "Didn't I Walk on the Water", the part of verses goes as follows....
"Now she’s talking to her father in a house that was once a home, She said my bills are coming due Lord and six days is not that long. Then she hears a voice so still and low
It says I’ve moved like that before, And I’ll do this little thing and I’ll give you so much more."

Meaning, that the Lord Will make a way.
^I finally agree with someone on this thread, lol.

I have said that throughout this topic and it has been one of my main points. If they are going to make the comments, give up the tax exempt status.

If I was going to say it, I would voluntarily give it up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I AM IN NO WAY SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF THE HAGER HILL FWB CHURCH, THE PASTOR OR ANY OF THE MEMBERS, THIS COMMENT IS JUST MY OPINION.

It's like this, all I've heard about is the church loosing their tax number. BIG DEAL! If our church does loose their tax number, the Lord WILL make a way. The Lord made a way for Daniel in the Lions den, He made a way for Joshua when he fought the battle of Jerico, He made a way for Moses when he needed to cross the Red Sea, He made a way when He fed the masses with 2 fish and 5 loafs of bread.....

I'm reminded of a song "Didn't I Walk on the Water", the part of verses goes as follows....
"Now she’s talking to her father in a house that was once a home, She said my bills are coming due Lord and six days is not that long. Then she hears a voice so still and low
It says I’ve moved like that before, And I’ll do this little thing and I’ll give you so much more."

That is what I have said from the very beginning of this thread. BIG DEAL. The truth will sand on it's own merits to those who have the courage to speak it. Funny how the ones that worry about it the most are the atheists....lol
LWC Wrote:Really? :insane: Really? :please: Really?

I challenge you. Take a few minutes, go on my website and listen to the message I preached on the passage in Micah during the revival. Then come back and repeat that same first phrase again.

broshane.com (Sorry for the self-promotion. I do not make any money or sell anything on there, I promise.)

And I challenge you. You have rattled out your comments all thread long about this and of that without knowing anything at all about this pastor as well as this church. Perhaps it is you that should take a little time to research what either constitute before passing judgement.

You made a comment in another post that how many people would have been run off or turned off by his comments. Ironicly this thread may have very well made me feel the same way about attending one of your services if you are not strong enoungh and have enough faith to stand for the truth and what's right.. However I dont know you, just as you dont know the other either, but I will honestly say that the more you say, the more I am apathetic to what you do say. You have left me with slightly less than inspired of what your true convictions may be.
I think we should make a new forum for Religion so that politics and religion can be kept seperate. The governemnt done it with church and state, maybe BGR needs it that way every thread posted on here doesnt turn into a personal life long journey discussion and how everything will or will not happen.
lol.

I have always been told that even Billy Graham had haters. That means I have to have one every now and then too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:lol.

I have always been told that even Billy Graham had haters. That means I have to have one every now and then too.

Haters??? Where are you coming up with that? Just because I dont agree with you does not mean I hate or dislike you, because I most certainly do not.

Just saying that based on your perceived stances on some issues , I just dont think that there would be some people (and would include myself ) that would care to listen to one of your sermons and that your statements could be in fact a detriment to some people coming to your church. Isn't that the exact same thing that you said about Pastor Spriggs? Does that make you a hater too? You are the one who set the standards to drive the discussion on that statement. Correct?
^I use "hater" in a friendly way. As strange as that seems. I should have used a different term.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^I use "hater" in a friendly way. As strange as that seems. I should have used a different term.

Just a personal opinion here. Perhaps you should have refrained from several comments as well as the offering of judgements too.
^No offense intended, but speaking generally about this forum, maybe you should as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^No offense intended, but speaking generally about this forum, maybe you should as well.

A job of a friend is to defend from those that wrongfully accuse and I always confine my thoughts to those subjects I actually know something about.
Bob Seger Wrote:A job of a friend is to defend from those that wrongfully accuse and I always confine my thoughts to those subjects I actually know something about.
No wrongful accusation that I have saw. Your friend used the pulpit as a political platform, telling his congregation that Obama must go, and that broke federal law. And, I'm not saying Ronnie is a bad man. From everything I can gather, he is a very upstanding person, and genuinely good person. But, law is law, and he broke the law.
TheRealVille Wrote:No wrongful accusation that I have saw. Your friend used the pulpit as a political platform, telling his congregation that Obama must go, and that broke federal law. And, I'm not saying Ronnie is a bad man. From everything I can gather, he is a very upstanding person, and genuinely good person. But, law is law, and he broke the law.

Since it is illegal to use the pulpit as a political platform then how has the likes of Wright, Jackson and Sharpton continued to spew their political agenda from the pupit?
Old School Wrote:Since it is illegal to use the pulpit as a political platform then how has the likes of Wright, Jackson and Sharpton continued to spew their political agenda from the pupit?
That's not my call. You might want to contact that watchdog group. I have never heard one of those guys endorse or not endorse, a candidate from the pulpit. Have you? I only am commenting on Bob saying his friend was wrongfully accused, and by what he said and what the law is, he wasn't wrongfully accused.
TheRealVille Wrote:No wrongful accusation that I have saw. Your friend used the pulpit as a political platform, telling his congregation that Obama must go, and that broke federal law. And, I'm not saying Ronnie is a bad man. From everything I can gather, he is a very upstanding person, and genuinely good person. But, law is law, and he broke the law.

I believe that he did not know that that was even a law RV. I have yet to have a conversation with anyone who has ever heard of such a thing either. But, I guess it is, and everyone knows now.

That was not what I was meaning by accused. Maybe a bad word of choice. Defamed unjustly might be better terminology.
Bob Seger Wrote:I believe that he did not know that that was even a law RV. I have yet to have a conversation with anyone who has ever heard of such a thing either. But, I guess it is, and everyone knows now.

That was not what I was meaning by accused. Maybe a bad word of choice. Defamed unjustly might be better terminology.
I've known this for years, as well as all of the pastors I have known, and I'd bet Ronnie knew it also. He's been a pastor for many years. I find it hard to believe that an older pastor doesn't know this law. LWC is 24, and he knew it.
Tax the church for the comment made, give the money to Obama to buy more votes with, and let's all move on.
TheRealVille Wrote:I've known this for years, as well as all of the pastors I have known, and I'd bet Ronnie knew it also. He's been a pastor for many years. I find it hard to believe that an older pastor doesn't know this law. LWC is 24, and he knew it.

Just guessing on my part, dont really know for sure either way. Regardless I am still proud that he takes that stand. If he did know, to me that makes him even more courageous. But honestly I have never heard of it, nor has several others that I mentioned it to. One is my father in law, who has been a pastor for almost 40 years now.

"Older" ........ouch!!!! lol

Sorry I couldn't give you one you could flick you're "little button" to LWC.
Bob Seger Wrote:Just guessing on my part, dont really know for sure either way. Regardless I am still proud that he takes that stand. If he did know, to me that makes him even more courageous. But honestly I have never heard of it, nor has several others that I mentioned it to. One is my father in law, who has been a pastor for almost 40 years now.

"Older" ........ouch!!!! lol

Sorry I couldn't give you one you could flick you're "little button" to LWC.
Older, as in been behind the pulpit for quite a few years.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I AM IN NO WAY SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF THE HAGER HILL FWB CHURCH, THE PASTOR OR ANY OF THE MEMBERS, THIS COMMENT IS JUST MY OPINION.

This has to be the first time that Linda Gibson has been quoted on the site lol
Old School Wrote:Since it is illegal to use the pulpit as a political platform then how has the likes of Wright, Jackson and Sharpton continued to spew their political agenda from the pupit?
Because of their skin color. Its as simple as that. They're nothing but three loud mouth blacks that need a giant boot to the face, and people are afraid to waste their time with them and their "kill all the crackers" agenda.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is retarded.

This pastor just let his feelings get the best of him at the wrong time, and it's easy to have that happen when you're preaching I'd bet. Pretty much as simple as that.
^
Retarded indeed Vundy. Pastors say things that don't need to be said all the time. The ONLY reason this is even being mentioned is that it offends the all mighty Obama (little whimp in the Whitehouse) and his defensive followers.

Freedom of speech...anywhere but inside a church.

How dare a pastor say he shouldn't be re-elected? The nerve of someone!
vundy33 Wrote:This is retarded.

This pastor just let his feelings get the best of him at the wrong time, and it's easy to have that happen when you're preaching I'd bet. Pretty much as simple as that.
Nope. Wrong and untrue. I've known the pastor for over 15 years now.... and I've heard him preach against homosexuality for all the years I have known him. I know he will keep preaching against homosexuality and gay marriage for as long as he is alive.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Nope. Wrong and untrue. I've known the pastor for over 15 years now.... and I've heard him preach against homosexuality for all the years I have known him. I know he will keep preaching against homosexuality and gay marriage for as long as he is alive.
This time he brought politics into the mix and jeopardized the church. He is allowed to preach against homosexuality anytime he wishes, but this time he made it personal, naming politicians. A definite no no. If the church gives up it's 501c3, or it is taken, then they are free to do anything they wish. Maybe they should pay taxes so they can do/say anything they want.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:^
Retarded indeed Vundy. Pastors say things that don't need to be said all the time. The ONLY reason this is even being mentioned is that it offends the all mighty Obama (little whimp in the Whitehouse) and his defensive followers.

Freedom of speech...anywhere but inside a church.

How dare a pastor say he shouldn't be re-elected? The nerve of someone!
Law is law. You might want to read up on it. I knew this rule years ago. If they pay taxes, then they can do as they please. Until then, no.
TheRealVille Wrote:Law is law. You might want to read up on it. I knew this rule years ago. If they pay taxes, then they can do as they please. Until then, no.
That's hilarious. Were you smoking a joint as you typed that line? Was the law the law when Bill Clinton lied under oath to a federal judge? Was the law the law when the Obama administration spent tax dollars promoting abortion in Kenya? Was the law the law when Obama decided to stop enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act? You seem to be pretty selective when it comes to law enforcement.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That's hilarious. Were you smoking a joint as you typed that line? Was the law the law when Bill Clinton lied under oath to a federal judge? Was the law the law when the Obama administration spent tax dollars promoting abortion in Kenya? Was the law the law when Obama decided to stop enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act? You seem to be pretty selective when it comes to law enforcement.

Is the law the law too when it says you're not allowed to even smoke those joints?Confusednicker: