Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Team Entering This Upcoming Season
I haven't heard from many teams about their roster....any thoughts on who might be the best team in the state going into next season?
Trinity and Highlands
I figured Highlands would be pretty good, but I also heard Trinity was losing a lot of excellent players.
For schools not named Trinity or Highlands: Lexington Catholic
Not sure if we are scrimmaging Trinity this year, I hope so...I think they will be head and shoulders the best in the state...although St. X and some other 6A powers I think will match up better with them this year than in 2011. I hope we scrimmage them again because they would be a great challenge. As for the rest, there are a lot of really good teams and it could really be pretty wide open. Lexington Catholic, Highlands, Bowling Green, and I'm sure there are a few others that could be the best of the rest.
The University of Trinity
Perry Central

That one's for you, RunItUpTheButt Wink
^
Confusednicker:

Things are a lot more quiet this year.
I dont expect as much trouble this year :biggrin:
^ I wouldn't be so sure about that. Big Grin
In 4A russlle county will be good. but they will have to prove it in the playoffs. last year they were upset in the playoffs by Mercer County. It will be interesting to see if the could beat one of the big teams in the other district like Boyle or Lex cath
Statewide?
Trinity

Highlands/Bowling Green

Everyone Else
HornetFan5 Wrote:I figured Highlands would be pretty good, but I also heard Trinity was losing a lot of excellent players.

Uh no! Trinity could be better than last year!
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:In 4A russlle county will be good. but they will have to prove it in the playoffs. last year they were upset in the playoffs by Mercer County. It will be interesting to see if the could beat one of the big teams in the other district like Boyle or Lex cath

How much does Russell County return from last year? I don't know too much about them but I remember that they were one of the better teams in their class.
WideRight05 Wrote:Not sure if we are scrimmaging Trinity this year, I hope so...I think they will be head and shoulders the best in the state...although St. X and some other 6A powers I think will match up better with them this year than in 2011. I hope we scrimmage them again because they would be a great challenge. As for the rest, there are a lot of really good teams and it could really be pretty wide open. Lexington Catholic, Highlands, Bowling Green, and I'm sure there are a few others that could be the best of the rest.
Yes Trinity and Highlands will Scrimmage again this year it will be at Highlands. Since it was at Trinity last year. The date I have is Aug. 10th 7pm game time.
^ Awesome. I do wish it was a real game, but I am excited to get to play against them. We will be able to learn a lot about ourselves early on. Trinity is tough.
Stardust Wrote:Uh no! Trinity could be better than last year!

Certainly Trinity will be stacked at the skilled positions on offense. The question is what will their O line look like as I believe all 5 starting interior O linemen were seniors last year (and they were very good). If Trinity only has an average O line this year, the skilled players should return them to the state championship. Not sure an average O line will result in wins over the out of state opponents however.
1A Hazard, Mayfield, Beechwood, Frankfort, Holy Cross Louisville
2A Danville, Somerset, Desales, NCC, Cov Holy Cross
3A Central, Belfry, Breathitt, Bell, Paducah Tilgman
4A Highlands, Lexington Cath, Lone Oak, Collins, Cov Cath
5A Bowling Green, Warren Central, Christian Co, John Hardin, Conner, Franklin Co, Harlan Co
6A Trinity, no one should be close...
Can't believe you left off Garrard County in 3A!
bac2369 Wrote:1A Hazard, Mayfield, Beechwood, Frankfort, Holy Cross Louisville
5A Bowling Green, Warren Central, Christian Co, John Hardin, Conner, Franklin Co, Harlan Co

Pretty much the same year in and year out. Every now and then you'll find a stragler. List looks accurateTongueirateSho

This list looks pretty good to me.
Franklin County and Bourbon County will be a couple teams to keep an eye on. They would be lights out if they had a defense
toussaints Wrote:Franklin County and Bourbon County will be a couple teams to keep an eye on. They would be lights out if they had a defense

Owen country return a lot of speed. This year
TRINITY, hands down will be the best team in the State of Kentucky and possibly the Nation
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:In 4A russlle county will be good. but they will have to prove it in the playoffs. last year they were upset in the playoffs by Mercer County. It will be interesting to see if the could beat one of the big teams in the other district like Boyle or Lex cath

NO!
In 2a NKY teams Holy Cross and NCC have owned the class the last two years. Them being in the same district has allowed the rest of the state more of a chance to get deeoer into the okay offs. Is it going to be one of these two teams in the championship game or is someone going to be able to stop the team that gets past the other? Somerset will likely have the first shot, will they stop them?
Crossback Wrote:In 2a NKY teams Holy Cross and NCC have owned the class the last two years. Them being in the same district has allowed the rest of the state more of a chance to get deeoer into the okay offs. Is it going to be one of these two teams in the championship game or is someone going to be able to stop the team that gets past the other? Somerset will likely have the first shot, will they stop them?

I think Somerset will be better this year than last and should come out of that region again. Will they have enough to beat the NKY team though? I'm not so sure, time will tell. One thing in their favor is that region 3 will have to come South this season.

RoShamBo Wrote:I think Somerset will be better this year than last and should come out of that region again. Will they have enough to beat the NKY team though? I'm not so sure, time will tell. One thing in their favor is that region 3 will have to come South this season.
Somerset has a nice team. I am not sure how much they lossed but they had some kids on the field. Do they have any teams that can stop them from getting out of the region?
Crossback Wrote:Somerset has a nice team. I am not sure how much they lossed but they had some kids on the field. Do they have any teams that can stop them from getting out of the region?

LCA should be much improved and Danville's speed can give anyone problems, but they were head and shoulders above everyone in their region last year. I doubt anyone from the other district will challenge but you never know about Prestonsburg. We lost some good guys but return something like 17 starters and bring in an excellent group of freshman who won the DIII 8th grade state championships last year walking away. The biggest loss was Storm Wilson who was a really special talent, #8 at WR last year. They return enough talent to get back to the semifinals but we will have to wait until the season starts to see if they are capable of anything more. We got plenty of big games early in the schedule with Breathitt County, Whitley County, 1A state champs Hazard, and 5A state semifinalists Southwestern coming to the Briar Patch in non district play, along with a road trip to 2A runner up Glasgow. Those games should help us to get an idea of how good this year's team can be.
WideRight05 Wrote:How much does Russell County return from last year? I don't know too much about them but I remember that they were one of the better teams in their class.

RUSSELL COUNTY RETURNS 21 OF 22 Starters!
Highlands once again...