Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Five Kentucky Starters to the NBA
John Calipari just announced this at the press conference.
Time to Re-Load. Welcome to BBN Anthony Bennett
Sad day in the world of BBN. Good luck to all of them. Hard to describe the closeness I feel with these guys. Wish them nothing but the best.
Wow I do t know why but in so sad right now.
I'm happy for them. They got us what we wanted now it's time to go get paid.
Pretty sure they got paid to get us what we wanted Sad
I hate to see these guys go. They did a lot for UK on and off the court and will be missed. It is good to see them leave with a much-deserved championship.

This hurts right now that we lose this much, but honestly I think this does a lot of good for the long-term in recruiting, sending 6 guys to the NBA draft with it being very likely that all will be drafted.
Cant get caught up on players when your dealing with one and dones every year.
Im sure everyones love for Noel, Polythress, and Goodwin will soon succomb the sad feelings.
guys on epsn said afterward that this next group,will be lucky to make sweet 16, if they do then Cal needs to be coach of the year from divison 3,2 and 1 lol,i know one thing for sure, we really wont have outside shooting like this year,thats what happen them alot..
Now we need Anthony Bennett more than ever. I think with all 5 leaving it definitely gives UK a better shot at landing him. Congrats to all our guys going on to the NBA, I hope they find great success.
Looks like next year we got...

PG Harrow
SG Goodwin
SF Polythress
PF Bennett (if he signs)
C Noel

Bench- Wiltjer

Gonna be really tough to repeat with no bench and without the level of talent we had this year.
Going out and getting the 5 best hs players in the US in the past two years to end up winning a national title does not exactly pass the smell test.
If we can land Anthony Bennett, as well as Amile Jefferson ( if he hasn't signed already) I think we will be just fine. But these young men are very deserving of their pay grades.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Going out and getting the 5 best hs players in the US in the past two years to end up winning a national title does not exactly pass the smell test.

That group has more titles that than the wvu football team.:biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Looks like next year we got...

PG Harrow
SG Goodwin
SF Polythress
PF Bennett (if he signs)
C Noel

Bench- Wiltjer

Gonna be really tough to repeat with no bench and without the level of talent we had this year.

I think we'll get Bennett now. Don't forget we have Willie Cauley (7'0 Center, Ranked #40) and we could also get Amile Jefferson (6'7 SF/PF, Ranked #25 on ESPN U).

I honestly think that could happen, which would make us 8 deep. I believe we'll be just fine, I mean we do have an experienced PG (Harrow, who started at NC ST and was a McDonalds All-American), possibly being 8 deep (if the 2 guys mentioned above do come to UK) and keeping a key returnee from a national championship team (Wiltjer).

Harrow is a better shooter than Teague and he's also a sophomore who practiced with the national champs all year long (I think you can credit him some with Teague's development throughout the year). Goodwin is an underrated shooter and more athletic than Lamb. Wiltjer has proven we can count on him for 2 or 3, outside shots per game. Polythress is similar to Jones. Noel could be that inside defensive stopper and alley-oop finisher, like Davis. Bennett could be our low post scorer. While Cauley and Jefferson give us our Depth.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will be the toughest to replace, in my opinion.

This team will be a mixture of the last 2 UK teams, hopefully it will be the right mix. The Duke, Indiana and Louisville games will be huge for us next season and will ultimately lead to the seed we get in the national tourney.

It's very important that we atleast get Bennett, but Jefferson would be a huge plus to our depth next season.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:That group has more titles that than the wvu football team.:biglmao:

Hell Kentucky has more in football too.
Did anyone expect anything different?
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Going out and getting the 5 best hs players in the US in the past two years to end up winning a national title does not exactly pass the smell test.

Smells like, victory!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Looks like next year we got...

PG Harrow
SG Goodwin
SF Polythress
PF Bennett (if he signs)
C Noel

Bench- Wiltjer

You couldn't be more wrong about Wiltjer...
zaga_fan Wrote:Did anyone expect anything different?

No!
Good luck to the U.K. Mercenaries
On to the next one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Thanks guys, good luck in the NBA.
I wish them all the best of luck, now hoping Bennett signs with UK.
Luther Rackley Wrote:Good luck to the U.K. Mercenaries

Dead-on accurate statement!
Luther Rackley Wrote:Good luck to the U.K. Mercenaries

True statement but honestly, i'm okay with it. The kids are looking out for their future, they gave UK fans everything they wanted, and now they want to get paid. Can't blame a 19 year old for that at all. It does feel like a mercenary situation, but that is the way coach Calipari operates, and, from the looks of things, it works.
When will everyone stop calling players like this "student" athletes?
FBALL Wrote:You couldn't be more wrong about Wiltjer...

I think Bennett will start over Wiltjer if he comes, and you know Polythress will.
All i said was Wiltjer would be on the bench and then after those 6 men (that was including wiltjer) we wouldnt have anybody, which we will not, except for maybe Cauley.