•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central Open
Makes you wonder if it will be a formal intro, or just announce it. Hopefully it will be a intro so everyone in the mountains will know about.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I just don't see that
Why not? It is very possible that he would come here. Just have to wait and see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Offer was made. Waiting game now. Have to admire them for trying. Never hurts to ask.
Do they have a backup in case he saids no?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

No clue. I just know about the job being offered. Very little details.
Do you know when they are going to make a announcement?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Who mentioned anything about this Stepp guy coming in the first place?

Stepp would make a good one.
Guys it is down to one guy. If he takes it or not. Mark it down!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Its Dudley.
Lambert #1 Wrote:That would definitely be a homerun for sure. Had not heard this particular rumor but I've seen stranger things happen in Letcher County. Would Dudley really leave UPIKE with his son playing there??????
-
John Dudley has established himself as a solid college player. He is a UPIKE for the medical program and is a great student. Dudley will still have his Saturdays free to watch every game JD plays.....
It almost a done deal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Dudley isn't leaving Pikeville. Confirmed.
lol, why would Dudly leave Pikeville?
If he truly wanted to come back to coaching high school football, all he would have to do is make one phone call and the next day youd see on the news that Mills had been fired and Dudley was back at Bell.
Bell is a better place to coach.

But, UPIKE is even better.
This guy isnt going to leave, and from the looks of RealBadmans post, it has now been confirmed.
Who does that leave us with now?
Was LC really putting it all on the line to try and get Dudley? I hope not.
The longer this continues, the more it hurts the program.
They have to have abackup plan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Is it a definite that Dudley is a no go for Letcher Central? I hear the offer was pretty sweet and hard to turn down. I hear that the ex-Lexington Christian coach (Raines) is a possibility????? I hear that he and Ozz have been in contact with each other for the past week or so. He would also be a good hire for the county.
Hire a good math teacher and hope he is a good football coach. Preferably from Letcher County.
Coach Rains would be a great fit at letcher. He run the spread offense at LCA, and Im sure Mercer county did as well. I know he coached hazard but not sure what type of offense he ran back then. He would be a good solid choice if he is one of them.
Raines applies for every job that comes open
Rains was a Wing T guy. At Hazard, they ran the Wing T under coach Rains. It may be from a spread formation, but make no mistake it will be Wing T principals.
Coach Rains is a very good football coach.
Coach Rains has been successfull everywhere he has been. Be a very good hire if that happens.
A good friend of mine is a good friend of Coach Hilton. Hilton or Holland neither are leaving UPIKE.
Hire a local person who will instill Letcher County pride back into the program. They need someone that will stay with the program and build from within.
I with u on that
I guess we are back to the old drawing board.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

These are only rumors I have heard but they seem to be gaining steam. I have heard that Paul Rains is interested in the job. He started the foundation for the success of the Hazard program as he was very successful there. He went on to Madison Central and has probably been their most successful coach in recent history. He then left and took over a Lexington Christian program that was only two years old and built them into a state powerhouse for which they have played in multiple state finals and won it all in 2009. He then took time off, I believe due to family illness, and coached one year at Mercer County. The rumors are that he is not happy there and is wanting to leave. These are only rumors and very well could not be true.
It makes you wonder if Coach Raines gets the job who is going to be his assistant?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Most of them well be back
OrangenowBlue Wrote:These are only rumors I have heard but they seem to be gaining steam. I have heard that Paul Rains is interested in the job. He started the foundation for the success of the Hazard program as he was very successful there. He went on to Madison Central and has probably been their most successful coach in recent history. He then left and took over a Lexington Christian program that was only two years old and built them into a state powerhouse for which they have played in multiple state finals and won it all in 2009. He then took time off, I believe due to family illness, and coached one year at Mercer County. The rumors are that he is not happy there and is wanting to leave. These are only rumors and very well could not be true.

Not true. Forced to resign. I won't go in to it here, but he did no leave for family illness.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next