Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: Colts and Peyton Manning to part ways
Colts are having a press conference Wednesday to announce that the team and QB Peyton Manning will part ways

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/765389...-wednesday
I think most of us knew this would happen. I think its a stupid move on the Colts part. I believe manning is still one the best QB in the league and still has a couple years left. However, I wont complain to much just glad to see Manning out of the AFC South and I wont have to worry bout the Colts completing for the division.
The way the contract was set up, if they kept him it would hinder them for years to come. Now they have money to spend on upgrading the rest of the team.
Im gonna miss him and will cheer for him wherever he lands hopefully in San Fran, but if he was healthy and hadnt got hurt we would not even be having this convorsation, its funny how you can be the greatest thing and then an injury and they just squash you like a fly and scrap you off the swatter. Even knowing how good you still are and what you can do but oh well i wish the colts the best well i wish them luck no pun intended because Andrew Luck will be a bust and the colts will suck for years to come. They will become a basement, bottom feeding type of team. Ok im done with my rant just needed to vent a little lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tomorrow is a sad day... I'm taking off work and not leaving the house...

#Manning #Colt #4Life
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We need a good backup in NE Wink
We'll trade you Flacco for him....
It just shows that loyalty does not and will never exist in the NFL...
Poor ekff. I have quite a few friends that are Colts fans, I wonder how many of them will remain that way? EKFF, it is good to hear that at least you still will be.

BTW- I do not think Luck will be a bust. Colts fans, give him time. Jon Gruden even said he was the best QB prospect he has seen come out in a long time. Gruden knows QB's!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
After watching the press conference, it's obvious how much Peyton loved playing in Indy. I hate to see him move on, but in the end, I understand it's a business. I'm very excited to see where he goes and hope I'm able to attend a game, just as I was able to while he was a Colt.
I will never turn my back on the Colts.. Also, I will never turn my back on #18...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope Green Bay took notes.. That is how u handle it..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Judging by his reaction, playing seemed more than a business for Peyton. It is good to see that these days in professional sports. I wish him the best. I know that the Bears are not anywhere on the radar but we would love to have him!
I guess I'm the only one that is becoming a colts fan while peyton is leaving. Im a die hard Chuck Pagano fan, I wish Indy could have kept Manning just for 1 season so I could root for him for once. What a class act he is.
I will always be a Peyton Manning fan, I just hate to see him part ways with Indy.
Where does he go?
Seen on ESPN that 12 teams, (thats almost half of the NFL) has contacted his agent and reps.
Does he end up in Miami? Jets?, etc....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Where does he go?
Seen on ESPN that 12 teams, (thats almost half of the NFL) has contacted his agent and reps.
Does he end up in Miami? Jets?, etc....

The teams that I know for sure are interested are...Redskins, Seahawks, Jets, Dolpins, and Cardinals.

I heard a rumor yesterday that the Broncos expressed interest as well.
Appears the Chiefs and Broncos are the first teams to meet with Manning's people.
Look out TEXAN fans!!!!!!!!!!

BEST fit IMO!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Look out TEXAN fans!!!!!!!!!!

BEST fit IMO!!!!!

Matt Schaub IMO is a pretty good QB. They are better off trying to spend that money replacing Mario Williams.
judgementday Wrote:Appears the Chiefs and Broncos are the first teams to meet with Manning's people.

The Broncos?
According to 90% of the people on this board, Tebow is a GREAT QB and will be starting there next year.
To cut the crap, Tebow sucks ass, and if Denver can get him, that would greatly help them. Trade Tebow to the Canadian football league.
judgementday Wrote:Matt Schaub IMO is a pretty good QB. They are better off trying to spend that money replacing Mario Williams.

I never said Schaub was a bad QB. BUT, if you could get Manning and place him in the same type of place like Indy,..ie..a Dome. With a team full of the same type of players that he has played with over the years. Why wouldn't ya take a shot at him?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
This is the thing that Texans fans need to understand. Yes, Schuab is a alight QB. And with Schaub Texans are a playoff team, BUT with Manning Texans are a Super Bowl team. (Period)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Too many question marks about Peyton. ALSO, Schaub is 30 years old without having 4 major neck surgeries.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Yes.....BUT, a Medically cleared and repaired healthy Manning is still better than a uninjured 100% healthy Schaub.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
^ I'll take a 75% Manning over a 100% Schaub with the Texans team..

But Doctors and Manning are saying he's good to go and thats all NFL teams need to know.

Only thing that would scary me about Manning signing with Houston is he would have to play against Freeney twice a year. I would hate to see Freeney end Manning's career.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My concern with Manning is how healthy he will be so that thought always comes to my mind whenever thinking about what team he should go to, etc...

IMO, take away Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers and Tom Brady, a healthy Peyton Manning would make any of the remaining 29 teams better.
Colts are now listening to offers on Dwight Freeney
^Sounds like they are gonna start rebuilding.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Rumor I heard today was that it looks like he will go to Miami, but again that is just a rumor.

How great would it be if Reggie Wayne and Dwight Freeney went with him.