Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DuPont Manual - vs.Perry County Central (at E.A. Diddle Arena, Bowling Green) 3/7
Game 3

Manual

Region: 7th

Record: 33-2

Enrollment: 1,856

Coach: Stacy Pendleton (210-48), eighth year

Starters: Lauren Bodine (5-8, sr., 6.4 ppg); Kayla Styles (6-01/2, jr., 6.0); April Wilson (5-71/2, sr., 12.6); Kara Wright (5-101/2, sr., 12.2); Leasia Wright (5-7, sr., 9.0)

Top reserves: Morgan Allen (5-7, jr., 4.9); Destony Curry (5-7, jr., 6.7); Tabitha Mitchell (6-01/2, so., 5.1)

Against Sweet Sixteen teams: 3-1

Sweet Sixteen history: Eighth trip and second in a row; 2011 runner-up.

Road to the Sweet Sixteen: In district, beat Shawnee 84-19, beat Presentation 82-42; in region, beat Seneca 89-41, beat Louisville Christian Academy 80-27, beat Assumption 65-43.

Perry County Central

Region: 14th

Record: 30-2

Enrollment: 1,000

Coach: Randy Napier (425-81), 17th year

Starters: Kendall Noble (5-11, sr., 14.5 ppg); Tamara Crawford (5-7, sr., 7.8); Whitney Back (5-6, jr., 7.6); Katelyn Smith (5-10, sr., 10.9); Kayla Rankin (6-0, so., 21.2)

Top reserves: Whitney Evans (5-4, fr., 1.4); Randi Carol Napier (5-10, jr., 3.2); Cassie Smith (5-6, fr., 1.7)

Against Sweet Sixteen teams: 2-1

Sweet Sixteen history: Eighth trip and second in a row.

Road to the Sweet Sixteen: In district, beat Buckhorn 81-28, beat Leslie Co. 81-41; in region, beat Jackson City 70-46, beat Knott Co. Central 60-35, beat Breathitt Co. 73-54.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/06/20982...rylink=cpy
Manual defeated PCC by 9 earlier in the year at the LIT. PCC is gonna have to play almost perfect to beat Manual and that still may not be enough

Go PCC, Represent the 14th
It should be a good game. I'll take Manual 73-61.
Strikeout King Wrote:Manual defeated PCC by 9 earlier in the year at the LIT. PCC is gonna have to play almost perfect to beat Manual and that still may not be enough

Go PCC, Represent the 14th

That game was close until the last 2 minutes...
and it was on Manual's home floor.

Commodores with the upset on the way to Coach Napier's second state title Wink
Go PCC!
Good luck lady DORES!
The LIT game in Louisville was at Bellarmine University. It was a neutral court - not a home game for Manual. That said, Manual did have an advantage by playing in Louisville.

I think it will be a close game and would not be surprised to see PCC win. Regardless who wins, winning the title will be a VERY large task. PCC or Manual would have to not only beat the #1 or #3 team, they most likely will also have to beat the #5 team in Boone Co. and then #2 Marion. So asking these girls to beat 3 top 5 teams in four days is a huge task. Plus, Marion will probably not be challenged at all before the Championship game. No top ten teams in their bracket and only two ranked teams. This is why is hate blind draws - too much luck and not enough reward for the season of work.
Go Lady Dores!
I hope im wring but I think DuPont Manual will be too much for the Lady Dores. Go Dores!
kyprepfan0622 Wrote:The LIT game in Louisville was at Bellarmine University. It was a neutral court - not a home game for Manual. That said, Manual did have an advantage by playing in Louisville.

I think it will be a close game and would not be surprised to see PCC win. Regardless who wins, winning the title will be a VERY large task. PCC or Manual would have to not only beat the #1 or #3 team, they most likely will also have to beat the #5 team in Boone Co. and then #2 Marion. So asking these girls to beat 3 top 5 teams in four days is a huge task. Plus, Marion will probably not be challenged at all before the Championship game. No top ten teams in their bracket and only two ranked teams. This is why is hate blind draws - too much luck and not enough reward for the season of work.

I was thinking it was at home but I guess it was almost home since it was in Louisville lol

It will be a tough task...
but someone in that top bracket is going to step up.
Might as well be PCC Wink
anyone have a score?
what time is game time and what radio stations will be covering???