Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan County 59 Ashland 56
Going back to state. Represent
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I think this is the match up that everyone expected to see in the Championship game. Should be a great game but, I do believe that the Vikings repeat and make it back to Rupp! Vikings win by 3!

Well, I predicted this one correctly!! Glad to see Rowan win and get their shot at redemption! Congrats Vikings!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Congrats Vikings
CA$H IN!

Congrats to the Vikes and thanks for covering a 2 point spread!
Congrats Rowan Co
RUPP ARENA, RUPP RUPP ARENA!!!!:Thumbs:
Congrats Rowan!
Congratulations Rowan County!!!
Congrats to Rowan. Congrats to the Officials. Hard to win in Rowan's backyard. Unlevel/Unequal playing for a Regional Championship in Rowan County against Rowan County. Good luck and maybe just maybe you can play some weak teams like last year and advance.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:Congrats to Rowan. Congrats to the Officials. Hard to win in Rowan's backyard. Unlevel/Unequal playing for a Regional Championship in Rowan County against Rowan County. Good luck and maybe just maybe you can play some weak teams like last year and advance.

Win some loose some. CHA CHA CHA.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:Congrats to Rowan. Congrats to the Officials. Hard to win in Rowan's backyard. Unlevel/Unequal playing for a Regional Championship in Rowan County against Rowan County. Good luck and maybe just maybe you can play some weak teams like last year and advance.

I think it's the same draw that Ashland would have had.... kind of like Ashland's Regional draw.... Weak to a point...
Unequal officials? Last I heard these were not 16th region refs, nor 15th, 14th or any region close to here. There was obviously more that Ashland could have done to win this game. Also how can u say they had an easy draw? Its the STATE TOURNAMENT!! The 16 teams there are all noteworthy of being there. Also how long till Buddy Biggs is out of Ashland does solidify him as someone who won't be at Ashland next year??
Maybe there is a little poetic justice on this earth after all.
I'm in EKY this week and got to go see this one...both teams looked about even. Thought Rowan hit a higher percentage from the free throw line which made a difference in the game. Don't really have much for either team...but that kid (25?) for Ashland was hacked at the buzzer on the three pointer. Rowan's PG was very, very quick. I would say he gets a lot of easy points in transition when he plays. Ashland had a strong inside game. That big kid they have can shoot lights out. I thought both teams shot really well from three land.

My condolences go out to both teams because Bo Queen officiated this game. He's terrible.

glad to see that ashland fans have class.
Congrats Thacker and company.
Somebody call the Waaaaaambulance.

Congratulations to Rowan County.
Even if he was fouled, it was not on the shot. It would have been 2 free throws. Who knows what would have happened than. But the pass late in the 4th that was ruled rowan touched was wrong also and Rowan should have had the ball. Many calls both ways, but you play thru them and whoever comes out on top wins. Every close game is like this and I guess that gives us something to talk about.
cats10 Wrote:Also how long till Buddy Biggs is out of Ashland does solidify him as someone who won't be at Ashland next year??

I hope he stays for a looooooong time. :rockon:Tell me one game with meaning that he has won since he has been there. If the game is close in the last three minutes his team always loses. Cannot make adjustments except yell harder at his players.

Congratulations to Coach Thacker on coaching a great game . Go Vikings
TR196KY Wrote:Even if he was fouled, it was not on the shot. It would have been 2 free throws. Who knows what would have happened than. But the pass late in the 4th that was ruled rowan touched was wrong also and Rowan should have had the ball. Many calls both ways, but you play thru them and whoever comes out on top wins. Every close game is like this and I guess that gives us something to talk about.

He was fouled and he was shooting. However, Rowan deserved it and should do well in Lexington.
I did not know you could shot from your knees. That is where the ball was when the Rowan player hit it. It should have been called on the floor and it should have been 2 free throws. Again, other calls were missed and Rowan just happened to come out on top. Rowan moves on. :Thumbs:
TR196KY Wrote:I did not know you could shot from your knees. That is where the ball was when the Rowan player hit it. It should have been called on the floor and it should have been 2 free throws. Again, other calls were missed and Rowan just happened to come out on top. Rowan moves on. :Thumbs:

He was in the shooting motion where the ball was is immaterial that's the rule, it may not support your arguement but that's how it is. That call wasn't the difference in the game but it was clearly missed. Just for the sake of arguement what do you think the Ashland player was going to do with less than a second on the clock, pass?

I don't think there are any weak teams once you make it to the final 16. Had you all won you would have the same teams. Don't be sore loser.
If you are the Rowan player are you going to foul and send them to shoot 2 free throws or you going to let them shoot a three and try to tie?
TR196KY Wrote:If you are the Rowan player are you going to foul and send them to shoot 2 free throws or you going to let them shoot a three and try to tie?

I agree and I thought they would foul sooner. The kid from Rowan was late and the Ashland player was clearly in his shooting motion. So you will admit there was a foul?

Pardner the officials don't shoot free throws.
Picked RC from the start of the season. Cant wait to watch them play at Rupp!
[quote=Leaping Lee]He was in the shooting motion where the ball was is immaterial that's the rule, it may not support your arguement but that's how it is. That call wasn't the difference in the game but it was clearly missed.

I AGREE
I agree there was a foul. But it was a 2 shot foul on the floor, he was not fouled shooting the ball. But I also believe that Rowan did not touch the ball going out of bounds from an Ashland player and Rowan should have had the ball with about 30 or so seconds to go. Gregg missed 2 big free throws that would have made a difference. Many call's that were missed, but when all is said and done. Rowan moves on to Rupp.
TR196KY Wrote:I agree there was a foul. But it was a 2 shot foul on the floor, he was not fouled shooting the ball. But I also believe that Rowan did not touch the ball going out of bounds from an Ashland player and Rowan should have had the ball with about 30 or so seconds to go. Gregg missed 2 big free throws that would have made a difference. Many call's that were missed, but when all is said and done. Rowan moves on to Rupp.

And that's all that matters