Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owen County - vs.Oldham County 3/5 (8th Region Semi-Finals)
Thoughts and Predictions!
I look for a up and down game.
This will be fun to watch.
Owen has more size, but Oldham's guards may be the difference.
Oldham Co.
OC with the victory...Oldham County that is.
Oldham County... good shooting well balanced team!
I think it will be a good game but Oldham County will come out on top.
Every one in the Region makes fun of the 31st, but they always have 1 or 2 teams in the Final 4.
Old Henry Man Wrote:Every one in the Region makes fun of the 31st, but they always have 1 or 2 teams in the Final 4.

31st District has had at least one team in the semi-finals every year since 2007, and in three of those years (09, 10, and 12), they have had both teams make the semis. And its not like its the same team: Gallatin Co, Owen Co, and Henry Co have all been in the semis at least twice in that timeframe. The next step has been elusive, though...Gallatin is the only one to make a regional final, losing to Shelby Co in 2008. Still, a very competitive district that holds its own among the rest of the 8th.

In contrast, there hasn't been a 32nd District team (which includes football 5A Grant Co and 6A Simon Kenton) make a semi final game since 2007.
And, I'll go against the grain and pick Owen County, but I'll admit that it's a heart pick.
Stone Osborne well be the difference if he plays good Owen could win ...unlike last game were he had 6
rebel24 Wrote:Stone Osborne well be the difference if he plays good Owen could win ...unlike last game were he had 6

He could very well be the difference, but he always gets in foul trouble.
Owen wins ..big night from sawyer and stone! 66 to 59
Oldham 55-47 .... too much defense from the Colonels
I'll take Oldham 50-38
Odlham 62-60
Owen 45, Oldham 42.