Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 52 - Breathitt County 40
Perry was up 43-40 with 4 minutes left and Breathitt didn't score another point... Close game start to finish..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This game was much closer than the 12 point margin of victory. Paige saved the day with an electric performance but the gritty Bobcats just would not go away. As stated by ekff it was a 3 point game with a few minutes to go and if the Bobcats had not gone ice cold this one might have gone differently. IMO, not to take anything away from the Bobcats, PCC just seems to be lacking something, no sense of urgency. I wonder if a loss in this game or the upcoming Sheldon Clark game could be beneficial ?
BIGDADDY B Wrote:This game was much closer than the 12 point margin of victory. Paige saved the day with an electric performance but the gritty Bobcats just would not go away. As stated by ekff it was a 3 point game with a few minutes to go and if the Bobcats had not gone ice cold this one might have gone differently. IMO, not to take anything away from the Bobcats, PCC just seems to be lacking something, no sense of urgency. I wonder if a loss in this game or the upcoming Sheldon Clark game could be beneficial ?

I couldn't agree with this more. I never had the feeling that Breathitt was going to come out on top. It seems like Perry just plays good enough to win. With that said, Cornett and Beverly didn't do much. Huff did some nice things in the first half (followed his own shot for a couple of rebounds, nice to see), but it was the Paige show tonight.
I said PCC by 12. Woo Hoo lol
PCC thinks there the best and that's good too be confident but only too a point. A loss probably would benefit them and give them a wake up call because tonight just wasn't a fast paced game, no excitement and it just seems like there boys were not motivated. What was up with Cornett? He played scared and he's one of the biggest players out there. Huff played average nothing special. Combs didn't score any but good solid defense. Paige put on a show and if Breathitt would have stopped him they could have won. Beverly? Acted like he didn't want too play tonight. What was up with him tonight too? Anybody know his stats?
Paige had 30, that's all I know. looks like he almost beat them by himself.
Perry probably won a game tonight they should have lost. Perry has not played good dating back to the Harlan game. Getting beat to loose balls and outhussled. They definitely are not played as good as they were about 2 weeks ago. On the other hand the Bobcats are coming on at the right time. Hamilton playing as good as anybody in the region. Treated PCC About the same way he did Knott. Perry had no Answer for him. Hatcher tried 3 different guys on him with little success. Kept Huff on Noble all nite and he did his usual good defensive job. Perry getting back in to the habit of looking for the highlight reel to often. Run the offense and the big plays will come. Peace be among us Brother Cecil.
Perry Co. Central 52
Breathitt Co. 40

Breathitt Co. 13 11 7 9 40
Perry Co. Central 13 14 12 13 52

Breathitt Co. (19-5) -- Hamilton 18, Noble 6, Fraley 2, Trent 3, Cox 9, Fletcher 2.

Perry Co. Central (22-4) -- Paige 30, Beverly 8, Huff 6, Combs 3, Cornett.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Where was Bellamy for Breathitt? Noticed he didn't start as usual and wasn't on the bench. Cox started in his place. Bellamy's size and athleticism could have helped the Bobcats tonight.
Addictedtobasketball Wrote:PCC thinks there the best and that's good too be confident but only too a point. A loss probably would benefit them and give them a wake up call because tonight just wasn't a fast paced game, no excitement and it just seems like there boys were not motivated. What was up with Cornett? He played scared and he's one of the biggest players out there. Huff played average nothing special. Combs didn't score any but good solid defense. Paige put on a show and if Breathitt would have stopped him they could have won. Beverly? Acted like he didn't want too play tonight. What was up with him tonight too? Anybody know his stats?

The worst game I've ever seen from PCC!!!! Beverly had the worst game I've seen him play in a PCC uniform!! Combs, Cornett and smith looked like they didn't want to be there. If they think they can win a region or district championship playing like this they had better think again. Glad Paige and huff showed up or this would have been a loss for sure.
everytime i go watch jaysean he drops like 16-19 points. every game i miss its at least 30 points. lol maybe i dont need to go to any of perrys post season games.
Looks like Perry still the team to beat!
I've always been impressed with Denny Fugate. He finds ways to win, and he is as good as anyone at molding his material into the type of team that best fits their talent level. He won the 1982 region when he coached at MC Napier by winning the 3 regional tournament games in 1 overtime, 2 overtimes, and the championship in triple overtime, respectively. He finds ways to win. This Bobcat team is not the same team that lost to Wolfe County in the first game of the season. They are a clear darkhorse to win the region.
I wasn't at the game, but obviously Breathitt is getting better. Also good teams find ways to win even when they don't play their best ball so tonight Perry solidified the fact they're at the top of the region. Good luck to both going forward.
If you want to beat the Commodores, you got to go right at Dalton Cornett and attack their interior. Fraley isnt the greatest post player in the state or anything but I think he could of got Dalton in Foul trouble a lot sooner if they would ever thrown him the ball down on the blocks. You got to go right at Dalton, if you fade he will block your shot. Put a shoulder in him and its a whole different story. Go at the others and you will shoot layups. Huff will contest you, the rest wont. To worried about backtipping so Jayshawn can get a dunk. Still Perry is the King of the Region, even on a bad night.
Micro-Brew Wrote:I wasn't at the game, but obviously Breathitt is getting better. Also good teams find ways to win even when they don't play their best ball so tonight Perry solidified the fact they're at the top of the region. Good luck to both going forward.

That has summed up Perry over the last couple of weeks.

You have to put teams away.
Knott had a chance to put Perry away in the second and third quarter of the game last week but they failed to do it.
Perry needed to put Breathitt away a lot earlier in this one...
not saying that Breathitt is a slouch by any means.
Just saying that if you think you're the best, everyone says you're the best, then you can't let teams hang around for almost 4 quarters.
I went to the game and Breathitt really impressed me. They played great defense, which all Denny Fugate coached teams do. After this game I am saying it......Breathitt has a slim chance at Region. I see the region being a three horse race with Perry Knott and Breathitt, just my opinion. But ofcourse there are always dark horses.

Beverly didn't do much but Paige played a great game. Played a much better game than he did at Knott(foul trouble). One thing I did not like about Paige is when he thinks he is fouled or turns the ball over he walks up the court. It may have been just last night but I am one of these guys if my teammate doesn't hustle back on defense then he is not playing hard. I know several players do this but I have never liked it.

Cornett didn't score a lot but played a great defensive game. Breathitt got the majority of the points from perimeter. Cornett and Fraley got a double foul, both were trying to be rough with one another. Fraley is talented but is to slow, he tried to make a move on Cornett early in the game and Cornett blocked him, he is just to quick for Fraley.

#24 and #23 impressed me so much. #24 has a pretty shot, great jump shot shooter, probably lead Breathitt in scoring.

I loved seeing Denny and Hatcher coach against one another.

I already knew this from my years playing but Thacker can't ref worth a lick. 3 or 4 times last night that man switched his calls. Very inconsistent.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I loved seeing Denny and Hatcher coach against one another.

I already knew this from my years playing but Thacker can't ref worth a lick. 3 or 4 times last night that man switched his calls. Very inconsistent.

Probably went to Applebee's before the game instead of after, he has struggled all year.:drooling:
Perry play bad the last 3 games at Knott, Harlan,Cnet and Breathitt,Co. Not a good time to think your the best team in the region, Beverly missed some wide open lay ups but I still think Hatcher will bring them out of it. They played with no urgency. But I will say this Breathitt is the best shooting team in the region. They are capable of beating any one in the region.
ballboy Wrote:. But I will say this Breathitt is the best shooting team in the region. They are capable of beating any one in the region.

They would have to get a good draw first, something like Perry/Knott in same bracket, which would put Breathitt/Letcher/Hazard/Powell in the other bracket. This would make it where you would only have to beat one of the big 2 in the region to get to state. This kind of draw would be accepted by Breathitt, Letcher and Hazard I'm sure. Would be very interesting if this was to happen. With semi final usually on monday and final on tuesday, would be a tough 2 day stretch for PCC/Knott if they had to play on monday, then play again tues night. But all of this is a big if: first they both have to win their district, then they have to draw to see where they go. Can't wait for next week!:biggrin:
I thought Perry was supposed to be the home team last night. Perry got mugged several times and Cook and Thacker never called anything.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I thought Perry was supposed to be the home team last night. Perry got mugged several times and Cook and Thacker never called anything.

Don't know why they ever let him call for Perry. The only team he knows how to blow the whistle for is Knott.
I thought the jumpers Braxton hit from the foul line area in the 2nd half really broke Breathitts will. Braxton didnt have one of his usual performances but he did come through in the clutch.
Wall4president Wrote:Don't know why they ever let him call for Perry. The only team he knows how to blow the whistle for is Knott.

Cook is Perry's #1 ref...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:Cook is Perry's #1 ref...

Just asking but what is the reasoning on this? Not disputing your word he does call a lot of PCC games. Just missing the connection. Enlighten me. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
ekff Wrote:Cook is Perry's #1 ref...

i hope your jk...in my 4 years of high school, cook is the one ref i never wanted to ref our games.
I think they're some good ref's in the 14th region and without a doubt cook is one of them. He called the pcc/kcc game and did a great job. I can't ever remember cook making a big time game changing call in any game I've ever seen him in. Always questionable calls in any game, give these guys a break. They have a hard enough time as it is.
ballstar Wrote:I think they're some good ref's in the 14th region and without a doubt cook is one of them. He called the pcc/kcc game and did a great job. I can't ever remember cook making a big time game changing call in any game I've ever seen him in. Always questionable calls in any game, give these guys a break. They have a hard enough time as it is.

im not gonna say he did good in the pcc/kcc game, but he didnt screw things up.
ballstar Wrote:I think they're some good ref's in the 14th region and without a doubt cook is one of them. He called the pcc/kcc game and did a great job. I can't ever remember cook making a big time game changing call in any game I've ever seen him in. Always questionable calls in any game, give these guys a break. They have a hard enough time as it is.

Agreed. I think Cook is a good Ref. 14 has overall a good quality of Refs. 15th seems to be the troubling spot which used to be the 13th. Now most Revs do a good job but anyone would be naive to say there are not some bad apples in the barrel. What has been discussed on here in the past has even happened in the NBA. Brother Cecil.
Brother Cecil Wrote:Agreed. I think Cook is a good Ref. 14 has overall a good quality of Refs. 15th seems to be the troubling spot which used to be the 13th. Now most Revs do a good job but anyone would be naive to say there are not some bad apples in the barrel. What has been discussed on here in the past has even happened in the NBA. Brother Cecil.

Don't get me started on the 15th region officials. That is one of my biggest concerns, and anybody who knows about the dynamics this region's officials knows there are not just some bad refs but at least two downright crooks. I don't care what anyone says they will impact the outcome of the 14th regional tournament. It kills my soul to think a crooked official could take something away from these kids that they will remember for the rest of their lives. Anyone who thinks this sort of stuff does't go on is either naive or too stupid to see what happens all too frequently.