Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity 99, Lafayette 41
Trinity 99, Lafayette 41: Charles Foster and Troy Saxton had 14 points apiece as the No. 1 Shamrocks (23-3) crushed the visiting Generals (11-16) on Senior Night. Daryl Hicks chipped in 10 for Trinity, which forced 39 turnovers. Jackson
Top-ranked Louisville Trinity leveled visiting Lafayette 99-41. The Shamrocks had 20 steals and scored 54 points off 38 turnovers. Trinity trailed 13-10 with 3:42 to go in the first quarter before going on a 20-0 run.

Charles Foster and Troy Saxton led a balanced attack with 14 points and four steals apiece for Trinity (23-3). Miles Rice added seven points and five steals. Generals star Jackson Davis was held to eight points and two rebounds.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/10/20641...rylink=cpy
Trinity looks like a small college team.
Imagine that. So does their football team!!!
They have the best athletes that Louisville and all surrounding counties offer, what do you expect?
Their recruiting coordinator should get a raise!!!
Hefty Lefty Wrote:Imagine that. So does their football team!!!
They have the best athletes that Louisville and all surrounding counties offer, what do you expect?

If I'm a good athlete(s) and have the potential to go to the next level. I want to expose myself to BIG TIME college recruiters. So yes I will attend powerhouse schools ( ie. Saint X, Trinity, Lou Central, Highland, Bowling Grn, Lex Catholic, Cov Cath, Boyle Co. Scott Co. just among others ) Why attend a mediocre school if I have the talent and a CHOICE.
Hefty Lefty Wrote:Imagine that. So does their football team!!!

I sense a bit of government school jealousy. If one has a child who is an exceptional athlete, why shouldn't he send the child to an exceptional school rather than a mediocre, at best, government school?
Truth Wrote:I sense a bit of government school jealousy. If one has a child who is an exceptional athlete, why shouldn't he send the child to an exceptional school rather than a mediocre, at best, government school?

No jealousy. Just FACTS!!!
Like I said, what do you expect them to look like?
They recruit like a small college, why wouldnt they look like one vs their competition?
Some of their best players are from surrounding counties. Are they not?
Hell I know of 3 from one school that ALL 3 would be playing for a state contender. I will give them credit for one kid who came up thru the Catholic School system. The other 2. Well lets just say @#$@W
BTW, how do you force that many TO in a 32 minute game and call off the dogs at the same time?
Trinity would have to be considered the huge favorite to win the sweet sixteen. If they do, and can repeat next year (early favorites there also), IMO this will push Ky to a public/private system. Ky has grown to expect Trinity/St X to win 6A football, they will not accept the same in basketball. For the good of future kids in the stae, I hope someone can beat them, so we can keep the sweet sixteen the way it has been for years. If they win two in a row, 2014 will be the first year in Ky without a true state champion.
Tommy2tone Wrote:BTW, how do you force that many TO in a 32 minute game and call off the dogs at the same time?

Did Trinity call off the dogs or Lafayette that bad???
Hefty Lefty Wrote:No jealousy. Just FACTS!!!
Like I said, what do you expect them to look like?
They recruit like a small college, why wouldnt they look like one vs their competition?
Some of their best players are from surrounding counties. Are they not?

How about kids that are out of disctrict that participate in sports? Is that called recruiting?
Tommy2tone Wrote:Hell I know of 3 from one school that ALL 3 would be playing for a state contender. I will give them credit for one kid who came up thru the Catholic School system. The other 2. Well lets just say @#$@W

I don't think you do know sir. You don't have to go through a parochial system to go a Catholic or private school.
If the school goes after the kid, what do you call it???
They recruit students every day. Just some students are the best athletes around..
Truth Wrote:I sense a bit of government school jealousy. If one has a child who is an exceptional athlete, why shouldn't he send the child to an exceptional school rather than a mediocre, at best, government school?

Actually the 3 players he is referring to would be going to one of the nicest and best academic schools in the state. They would also be on by far the best team in the region almost every year and have an easy path to Rupp every year. But if they want to go play for a private school in the 7th region and make it to Rupp maybe once like other players have that made the same choice as them did, then go right ahead. MANY players have left the counties surrounding Louisville but one of the best players from the Louisville area in the past couple of years decided to stay at his school and played for one of the best teams in the state. He made it to Rupp more than once, got a scholarship to a DI school, was in the national spotlight many times, played in the NCAA Sweet 16 and now plays professional ball internationally. So actually, you don't have to go to a private school to get a good education, get noticed, or be successful, but you can go if you want. You just wont stand out as much and will have a much harder time making to to Rupp every year.

But Trinity does have a very good team this year and should be the favorite to win the state championship if they make it to Rupp.