Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riverside Classic?
I looked on KHSAA.org and couldn't find out who plays who. I read someone say Perry plays Southwestern but I go to their website and it says Perry plays TBA and Southwestern plays Riverside. Anyone know who plays who?
Ive heard pcc will play prp. Not sure yet, they were gonna play St. Louis Christian Prep but I heard they had a small accident and couldnt make it. I hope its prp, they would b #3 vs #6. It would give everyone a good idea where they are at.
It would be helpful if fans could find out WHERE (as in which gym) each of the games are being played. Surely they're not going to use that tiny facility at Riverside?
Most of the games will probably be played at Breathitt County. The Belfry/Morgan County Game is at Breathitt and Perry Central game is at Breathitt as well
ballstar Wrote:Ive heard pcc will play prp. Not sure yet, they were gonna play St. Louis Christian Prep but I heard they had a small accident and couldnt make it. I hope its prp, they would b #3 vs #6. It would give everyone a good idea where they are at.

Just checked PRP's basketball Schedule (School website) and they are playing in the Canseco Fieldhouse Classic on Feb. 4th.
The games will be split between Riverside, Breathitt's main gym and Breathitt's practice gym. The practice gym has a pretty good amount of seating and wasn't close to full for any of the games last year.

A game like PCC vs PRP would almost certainly be held in the main gym.

I worked this showcase last year and it was an all day workout getting teams in and out of lockerrooms. The atmosphere is also a lot different than most games as there are a lot of neutral fans.
Oldham County plays Clinton County friday night and Letcher County Central on saturday not sure where... Breathitt or Riverside? Are the gyms close? easy to find?
coloneldad Wrote:Oldham County plays Clinton County friday night and Letcher County Central on saturday not sure where... Breathitt or Riverside? Are the gyms close? easy to find?

Gyms are about 11 miles apart. Breathitt gym is easy to find as it is right in the middle of Jackson and you can spot the white dome as you come into town.

Riverside gym is small and a little harder to find but not much. It's about a 1/5 mile off of highway 15.
Played both games at Breathitt's gym .... great hospitality beautiful part of the state. Oldham Co played well for the most part, gearing up for the districts and regionals.
Looks like they would do a better job getting out the info about when and where these games are played. They'd make more gate money for sure.

Owsley and Jackson County played at 2PM on Saturday at Owsley's gym, and I was told that it was part of the Riverside Classic. Don't know why it was at Owsley instead of in Breathitt County.
Didn't see any stats for any games that were played.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Looks like they would do a better job getting out the info about when and where these games are played. They'd make more gate money for sure.

Owsley and Jackson County played at 2PM on Saturday at Owsley's gym, and I was told that it was part of the Riverside Classic. Don't know why it was at Owsley instead of in Breathitt County.

I have to agree. If this "Classic" is going to continue, it has to be organized and advertised alot better than it is now. This has the potential to be a big moneymaker for the hosts. BTW, what's up with teams droppping out from playing? I thought teams had to sign contracts for games.
Contracts with "no show" fees would be a great idea, don't know why they just go on "their word" that they will show. Everyone does contracts, don't know why they wouldn't do it.
I would like to see Oldham Co. play in it again next year ... my son will be a senior and we enjoyed the trip this year!