Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrated Bledsoe anxious to contribute
Eric Bledsoe is past the point of cursing his dumb luck over tearing the meniscus in his right knee last October during an offseason workout at home in Alabama.

The Clippers' second-year point guard doesn't need to be reminded how the injury and subsequent surgery cost him all of training camp and ruined a golden opportunity for significant playing time early in the season.

Or how it could have been him, not someone else, picking up the minutes in place of the injured Chris Paul or Chauncey Billups or Mo Williams.

He knows. Boy, does he know.

"It's frustrating, trust me," Bledsoe said.

But he's done fretting over it.

His focus now is on showing the Clippers' medical staff he is ready to return. Bledsoe insisted he could play now if needed after his knee held up well after two weeks of full-throttle practicing.

"I'm feeling good, real good," he said Sunday.

The Clippers are playing it safe, though, and at this point it looks like it will be another two weeks before Bledsoe is cleared to play in games.

"The goal is the first week of February," he said.

When Bledsoe does return, Clippers coach Vinny Del ***** will face a fascinating dilemma.

When completely healthy the Clippers are loaded at point guard with Paul backed up by Williams and Billups available to slide over from shooting guard if necessary.

There is no doubt the 22-year-old Bledsoe is an up-and-coming player, but finding him sufficient minutes in a crowded backcourt will be tricky.
But that's a problem for another day. For now, Bledsoe just wants to play.

"It's difficult because you see the team out there playing and all you can do is watch," he said. "You definitely want to be out there."

If all goes according to plan, he will be in a couple of weeks.

Read more: http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/sports/c...z1kc3EfzsB
He would have benefited from another year at KY
zaga_fan Wrote:He would have benefited from another year at KY

Oh yes.
He would have benefited from 3 more years at UK...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:He would have benefited from 3 more years at UK...

We would have....
not him lol
I think Bledsoe was and still is NBA ready. Bledsoe could be the starting PG right now for a few teams..

I said it in the offseason, "The Lakers should have went after Bledsoe, every move don't have to have a all-star in it!"

Bledsoe needs to be with the other LA team.

Bledsoe is just in a bad spot, I would love to see Bledsoe with: Lakers, Knicks, Mavs, 76ers, or Hawks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just think he would have been better off to stay at UK for a year.
When Davis went down Bledsoe produced last year.
But Billups and Paul are ahead of him in the rotation now....
I think he is a solid NBA player.
But I don't think he would start for a lot of teams....
I'm pretty sure Bledsoe would compete for a starting spot with the Knicks and Hawks....
Maybe Philly but Jrue Holiday hasn't been playing bad at all.
I don't think they would start him in LA....
even as little as Fisher produces.
They may not start him in a Lakers uniform but I definitely believe he would get more minutes playing behind fisher then he will playing behind billups, paul, and williams.
^ No doubt
So for someone saying he just wants to play, Laker land is a better place to be then clipper land. For a young player its usually more about PT then it is winning. With the Lakers he can have both. Just sayin.