Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cocktail Shrimp and Crunchy Cheetos
You got it. That's how this playa rolls.
I ate a bunch of cocktail size shrimp last night, with my homemade cocktail sauce. I love seafood. One of my favorite lunches is, shrimp and cocktail sauce, and neptune salad.
I want crab legs MEOW!!
Id kill for some fresh seafood. I had the chance to spend 3 months up in Maryland not too long ago and I got hooked on seafood.
^Baltimore seafood....mmmmmm.....now I'm hungry...THANKS...LOL!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Those are not photoshoped shrimp. They're U2 tiger shrimp
yup those of you in the know.........know that u2 means two shrimp to the pound
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/dining/tag/riger-shrimp/

These are U2 tiger shrimp , which means there are 2 to a pound. (Instead of the usual 30-40)
Perhaps you can tell from the paper plate (and the weird neon lighting) that this is served at Terry’s Turf Club. Terry Carter has been serving these now and then, one at a time, as an appetizer. The 4-shrimp cocktail will go on the menu on Monday. Carter loves playing with these outrageous, rare and expensive foods, partly because they’re so in contrast to the regular burger menu and dive-y atmosphere. (I swear, there was twice as much more neon in the place since last time I dropped in.)
He cooks these on a flat top grill (he grills them on one side until the “eyes pop out” and turns them over until the other eye pops out) and serves with his own cocktail sauce and a shot glass of melted butter.
The price for the 4-shrimp cocktail is jumbo, too: $85. (You could get one shrimp for $20.)
The texture is a little different than smaller shrimp, it seems to me: very firm and somewhat lobstery. You have to eat with a knife and fork.
I was sorry, though, when a google search told me these tiger prawns, wild-caught in Nigeria, are on “not recommended” seafood lists of conservation organizations.
I'll order 4 of the 1 shrimp orders for $80 instead of the order of 4 for $85. LOL, makes no sense.
^ that was odd in the story.
^lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OffTheHook Wrote:^Baltimore seafood....mmmmmm.....now I'm hungry...THANKS...LOL!

I wasnt as close to Baltimore as I would like, but made a few trips. I was about 35-45 minutes from Ocean City.