Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Holmes 57, Covington Catholic 55
Final from Covington, from what I was told, I missed one of the best games in NKY history. Probably an exaggeration, but still must have been a good one.

Sounds like Stardust was right on with his pick.
It was a good game. Holmes scored two free-throws with 1.2 seconds left to win the game
came down to free throws, just like you said nky
you know it just wish the Colonels would have won
Wow, what a heck of a game this must have been.
1/10/2012
Holmes 57
Covington Catholic 55
Covington Catholic 10 19 16 10 55
Holmes 13 17 14 13 57
Covington Catholic (11-5) -- Tobler 16, Ruthsatz 13, Frederick 11, Massie 6, Pauly 5, Cleves 2, Ward 2.
Holmes (12-3) -- Palmer 14, Knox 13, Martin 9, Rice 9, Coston 8, Bolden 2, Lewis 2
Close game throughout. CovCath led most of the second half, but never by more than five points. I don't believe Holmes made a trey the entire game. Holmes kept the ball the last minute of the game and made two free throws with 1.2 seconds to go after a fairly obvious foul on an 8-foot put-back following an offensive rebound. Ruthsatz darn near won the game for CovCath, drawing iron on last-second shot from half-court. Be interesting to see how Holmes fares Thursday vs. Holy Cross in resumption of suspended game. Holy Cross has a real nice team this year and could win the district.
Holmes Holy Cross match up has even more pressure. Holmes would be in the driver seat for the #1 seed in the district tournament with a win. Unfortunately one of them Holmes, Holy Cross, or CovCAth will not make it out of the district tournament