Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 56 - Letcher County Central 50
Aslan Wrote:Figured Knott would've won by more than this.

Me too... But then again hard to have a 2 hour delay and then play. That will mess with your Offense
ekff Wrote:Me too... But then again hard to have a 2 hour delay and then play. That will mess with your Offense

Seriously! Give Letcher some credit guys, they can play. I don't know why you guys think Knott is just going to blow everyone away. They haven't played a really hard schedule up to now. Played two really good teams over Christmas and got drilled. It's not like they are the Lakers. They really looked pretty soft if you ask me. Letcher was really physical with them and they backed right down. Little foul trouble for Letcher or would of definitely been a different story. They are very beatable from what I seen last night.

1. Justice is a solid player, but his defense was terrible last night, got blown by several times
2. Christian is a wild card, he makes turnovers and takes very bad shots
3. Davis just can't shoot anymore, he got stronger, but it definitely effected his shot from deep, still hits the heck out of his free throws though and can get inside anytime he wants
4. Adams is very streaky shooter, he may miss 10 in a row before he hits 3 or 4 in a row, he can shoot you out or in to any game.
5. Hall is long but is not a scoring threat, way too weak, he can get his hand on shots but if you take it too him nothing he can do.
6. Bench is weak
Lot of ways to beat this team, but it is only January! Got a long way to go for them and everyone else to improve. Should be fun to watch who does the most improving when District and Region time comes. Can't wait!!!!:rockon:
EKYHoops Wrote:Seriously! Give Letcher some credit guys, they can play. I don't know why you guys think Knott is just going to blow everyone away. They haven't played a really hard schedule up to now. Played two really good teams over Christmas and got drilled. It's not like they are the Lakers. They really looked pretty soft if you ask me. Letcher was really physical with them and they backed right down. Little foul trouble for Letcher or would of definitely been a different story. They are very beatable from what I seen last night.

1. Justice is a solid player, but his defense was terrible last night, got blown by several times
2. Christian is a wild card, he makes turnovers and takes very bad shots
3. Davis just can't shoot anymore, he got stronger, but it definitely effected his shot from deep, still hits the heck out of his free throws though and can get inside anytime he wants
4. Adams is very streaky shooter, he may miss 10 in a row before he hits 3 or 4 in a row, he can shoot you out or in to any game.
5. Hall is long but is not a scoring threat, way too weak, he can get his hand on shots but if you take it too him nothing he can do.
6. Bench is weak
Lot of ways to beat this team, but it is only January! Got a long way to go for them and everyone else to improve. Should be fun to watch who does the most improving when District and Region time comes. Can't wait!!!!:rockon:

OK... well Breaking their backboard and just fouling the whole game - didn't work... Next plan?
G.O.A.T Wrote:if knott plays like this they surely wont win the 14th. and davis had better be alot better player than this if he is supposed 2 be the best player in the region.
KCCs Davis is not even close to being the top player in the 14th. I saw that in last nights game. He cannot hit from outside. He does use his body well and is able to make defenders foul.

I would not put him in my top 3 just from KCC-LCC players. Justice, Stewart and Johnson should all be ranked higher than Davis.
So you think that KCC was not fired up to play Letcher? Lets see.....Ummm is a district game which you have LCCs old coach on KCC sideline as well as CJustice who played with all the LCC kids when his dad was coach.

If KCC cant get fired up for this one then they surely wont be any more ready to play when they meet PCC!
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Usually happens after a long trip to FL. Sometimes you just have to be good enough to win. Sounds as if KCC is the superior team. Quote Jackie Sherill Miss St Football Coach "You can get fire up for the Florida's, Alabama's etc. but you just have to be talented enough to beat teams like Vandy, KY" I am sure KCC will be on their game vs PCC.
Give me a break. Both teams went to Florida by the way.
ekff Wrote:Me too... But then again hard to have a 2 hour delay and then play. That will mess with your Offense
Both teams had the same waiting time.
ekff Wrote:OK... well Breaking their backboard and just fouling the whole game - didn't work... Next plan?
KCC did not foul.
^ i wasn't talking about Knott..
Amazing game i dont think Knott will be able to beat Perry though
thats throwing it down with some power
Knott fouled LCC entire game, just not called. Have two words for that......Don Hall!
KCC set moving screens all night. LCC shot fewer free throws and led pretty much the whole game. No conflict of interest there huh?
It is about time for ekff to get back on here and make another excuse as to why Knott Central didn't win as big as he thought they should have.
brinkley Wrote:Knott fouled LCC entire game, just not called. Have two words for that......Don Hall!

That's twice you have commented about Don Hall calling a KCC game, if I'm not mistaken Brian Cook is from Letcher County!!! Maybe you don't know Brian Cook, he was one of the other ref's calling the KCC, LCC game!
This was the first time that I had watched Letcher play and they were much better than people on here had said. The guy who was saying Stewart didn't do well definitely was not at the game. Don't know how many points he had but it was far more than 7 and he pulled down tons of rebounds. Most importantly, he was huge and kept the KCC boys from being able to drive in like they like to do. Hall did have some moments, but for the most part Stewart just had his way with him. Hall just didn't have the size to play the phyical game against Stewart. That night at that game, LCC was the better team and like I said should have won the game. However, I went to every game that KCC played in Lexington the week before Christmas. Those teams were not soft teams and KCC beat them big. I promise you guys, the KCC team that LCC played Thursday night was not the KCC team that played in Lexington. What ever excuse you want to give, just incert it here. Maybe they simple are going through a midseason slump. It happens. But if they do want to beat PCC and several of the other teams on their schedule, BB better figure out what it is and get it fixed.
I have noticed that in every topic pertaining to a basketball game, everyone is always crying about how bad the refs were. My team got fouled to death and no call. Guys this is what our kids in the mountains need. In central ky area and other areas in the state the game is very physical and when teams play defense, they slap, knock, and grab and its not called. its considered part of the game and this is why so many teams from the mountains struggle in the state tournament. With exception to Shelby Valley (who by the way played a lot of games out of the area were they experienced this style of play) there hasnt really been a team from the mountains make a run at Rupp.
To respond to all the haters on Knott Co, this is a great team and they just had an off night, whether it be because of the way Letcher played them or not, it was just a bad game for the Pats and they still pulled out the W, and thats what good teams do. I watched Knott in all 4 games of the Fayette invitational and they showed there they can win by using various styles and this is what makes them a great team and a region favorite along with Perry. Letcher has a solid team but they are not as good as Knott.
As for the previous post that Davis is not a top player in the region, I simply laugh at that statement. I will agree that the added bulk has affected his shot but this kid is a player. I watched him go nose to nose with a much bigger and more athletic Henry Clay team and he simply put the team on his back and led the to the win. I know everybody is going to be saying well that Henry Clay and Perry had just beaten them the week before, but remember before you make that statement that one of the main horses for Henry Clay is Tichener and he did not make the trip to Perry due to an injury.
All in all I think its going to be exciting this yr in the 14th region and there is a lot of talent.
I know who he is.......and I still say...DON HALL has no business calling KCC games. Period!