Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuggets 99 - Lakers 90
Kobe 6-28

Lakers bigs were playing good but Kobe just kept shooting..

Lakers 0-3 - Kobe over 20 shots
Lakers 3-0 - Kobe under 20 shots
It is my hope, that Kobe shoots 30+ shots per game for the rest of the season!
Lakers need to make two moves if they hope to be anything but a pretender this season.
Lakers don't need to get a BIG.. Lakers are very good at the 4 and 5 positions.. They need a guard that can pass and will pass to those bigs every play.
I.M.O. They need a quick good ball handling point guard and a ODOM like player to do what ODOM did.
ekff Wrote:Lakers don't need to get a BIG.. Lakers are very good at the 4 and 5 positions.. They need a guard that can pass and will pass to those bigs every play.

That would be key. Bynum and Gasol have the potential to be a very dominant duo on the inside...

I watched a video today about the Lakers 2001 championship team that holds the best playoff record of all-time at 15-1. Most of the video implied how Kobe wanted to take on more of a "me" role instead of a "team" role. When he got hurt for nine games that year, he saw how well Shaq and the rest of the guys played as a team and still won games. He came back with a different attitude, the team attitude, which was a primary reason that team had one of the most dominant playoff records in playoff history. And I'm not just talking about being 15-1, I'm talking about 20, 30 point wins in some of their games in the playoffs. Provided Kobe passes these guys the ball and takes smart shots, the Lakers could still be a very tough out this year, even with the loss of Odom.