Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lovett, GA 62 Paintsville 36 (Smokey Mt Classic)
Lovett were 15 players deep. Tigers held their own for a while. But were just out matched. Tigers play for 3rd place tyomorrow at 1:30 pm. Good Luck TIGERS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Tigers better start playing young!
Send all the private messages you want OFF THE HOOK. I can bet you if the tigers are going to get beat it will be with younger players after the first of the year! His job is on the line just like kinner!!
cricketbed Wrote:Tigers better start playing young!

The freshmans,@ sophmores should just quit, the coach has proved they're not wanted so why be on the team. The coach should cut them and save the parents the time and money.
They probably will quit.
Does anyone know how they played today?
They scored 36 and lost by 26, how do you think they played?
By what you said trouble not very good!! Why just 26 points? Did they not shoot the ball well, turnovers or what. That is 9 points a quater!
I said 26 points should have read 36. sorry.
OffTheHook Wrote:Lovett were 15 players deep. Tigers held their own for a while. But were just out matched. Tigers play for 3rd place tyomorrow at 1:30 pm. Good Luck TIGERS!

3rd place???? No scores posted on khsaa for any games besides Belfry???
OK for you "Trolls" They scored 59 today and got beat by a VERY good team that beat Perry Central the other night. And the reason why they were playing for third place is because they won their opening game of the tourney.
Also for your info....the teams that they lost to down there would beat ANY TEAM in the 15th!!! The Huntsville, AL team was UNREAL!

SOME of you all are freaking out about three CLOSE losses to teams here in the 15th. Let's just look at those:

Phelps who in turn also beat Shelby Valley
PBurg Who in turn beat East Ridge and Magoffin Co. by 13
Magoffin who beat JC and almost Pikeville
and they may not have played JC, but JC has beat Sheldon Clark twice.

This REGION is WIDE OPEN! And in the end...The TIGERS have just as good a chance as any one else. Support them or stay home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
redhead snitch Wrote:3rd place???? No scores posted on khsaa for any games besides Belfry???

If you won your first game you were in the Semis. If you lost the Semi you were in the 3&4 place game. All losers of the opening round moved to the Consolation Bracket. Simple 'Bracketology".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:SOME of you all are freaking out about three CLOSE losses to teams here in the 15th. Let's just look at those:

This REGION is WIDE OPEN! And in the end...The TIGERS have just as good a chance as any one else. Support them or stay home.

i wished i would have...lol...but anyways, take a look at who they have beat.
a combined record of 2-10...those were close as well. one of those took otand the other was iffy the whole way. its far from WIDE OPEN! please...same thing last season WIDE OPEN! now the tigers record is what 2 - 5 ??? or does those scores out of state only get posted if its a WIN?:eyeroll:
just wondering Wrote:The freshmans,@ sophmores should just quit, the coach has proved they're not wanted so why be on the team. The coach should cut them and save the parents the time and money.
That sounds like a great idea. Then they could be experienced so they know how to quit their jobs in the adult world.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:That sounds like a great idea. Then they could be experienced so they know how to quit their jobs in the adult world.

they could just post on fb...lol
redhead snitch Wrote:i wished i would have...lol...but anyways, take a look at who they have beat.
a combined record of 2-10...those were close as well. one of those took otand the other was iffy the whole way. its far from WIDE OPEN! please...same thing last season WIDE OPEN! now the tigers record is what 2 - 5 ??? or does those scores out of state only get posted if its a WIN?:eyeroll:

Well "IF" you went. Why do you need to look at KHSAA for the scores?

I'm NOT gonna sit here and argue with you guys that hide behind your screen names. You EVERYONE know who I am.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:OK for you "Trolls" They scored 59 today and got beat by a VERY good team that beat Perry Central the other night. And the reason why they were playing for third place is because they won their opening game of the tourney.
Also for your info....the teams that they lost to down there would beat ANY TEAM in the 15th!!! The Huntsville, AL team was UNREAL!

SOME of you all are freaking out about three CLOSE losses to teams here in the 15th. Let's just look at those:

I agree Hook. But then perhaps there is a 6'8" all state power forward in the bunch. It is a lot easier sitting behind a computer than playing the game.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:That sounds like a great idea. Then they could be experienced so they know how to quit their jobs in the adult world.

it's better to quit now than have your heart torn out of you by the end of the season, besides mr. Hustle didin't your boy walk away from the same school, just wondering?
OffTheHook Wrote:Well "IF" you went. Why do you need to look at KHSAA for the scores?

I'm NOT gonna sit here and argue with you guys that hide behind your screen names. You EVERYONE know who I am.

nothing to argue about. i asked a question, you got smart mouthy. you replied you trolls...lol..whatever that means. i am hiding from nothing , everyone knows who i am as well. i dont have a problem with you so no need for malice towards me. the coaching staff does a poor job fundamentally and morally with the players. "IF" is not the question at hand. just curious about why no scores were posted was.
Now that really kinda says it all.Confusednicker:
Hope everyone makes it home safe. Merry Christmas to all!!
It would appear over the last four seasons that this basketball program is insignificant to the school board or they would make sure whoever the coach is that he would surrond himself with top quality assistants. That being said, I can't figure out why Matt hasn't called his uncle for some advice and leadership with him being a young coach. Both the school and the coach share in the responsibility of trying to get the ship back on course.
just wondering Wrote:it's better to quit now than have your heart torn out of you by the end of the season, besides mr. Hustle didin't your boy walk away from the same school, just wondering?
Any question perhaps (?) deserves a fair and adequate answer. In the near future you may be able to answer that which you propose. Until that point just remember Quit has never been a word and just keep on wondering.
redhead snitch Wrote:i wished i would have...lol...but anyways, take a look at who they have beat.

OK last post here for me. Just reread this and noticed the attempt to make things worse than they are.
1. A win is a win.
2. 5 losses yes, I already explained the first three and if you would read my other post. The TWO losses in TN....would have been a loss for ANY TEAM in the 15th.
3. Wide Open...YES it is. JUST LIKE LAST SEASON. If last season wasn't wide open, I don't know what was. JC, BL & Pikeville HEAVILY favored and Shelby Valley wins it?
4. "smart mouthy"? Not even close.

and "Trolls" are people that get on threads just to start trouble.

Have a Merry Christmas! And GO TIGERS!!! Let's get ready for the Morgan Co. Tourney next week! Another tough week.....Fairview, Breathitt and West Carter!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
You guys are idiots. The Basketball team is just fine. They could very well win region.
Paintsville has played some tough teams in this tournament. I don't know much about them this year, but regardless of how up or down they are this is a good opportunity for them to look at some of their weaknesses and improve upon it. Playing in tournaments like this provides excellent preparation for when districts/regionals come around.