Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual 87 - Ballard 49
Purdue signee April Wilson 25 pts, 7 steals, 5 ast, 5 reb.
Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL
Ballard High School (0 - 0 - 0) 11 15 14 9 49
Dupont Manual High School (0 - 0 - 0) 17 16 31 23 87

Game Summary
Ballard (8-2) – Richardson 8, Layfield 6, Franklin 4, Watkins 5, A. Martin 15, M. Martin 2, Matchen 2, Ray 4, Bell 2, Mischler 1.

Manual (10-0) – Styles 7, K. Wright 13, Bodine 3, Wilson 25, L. Wright 15, D. Curry 5, Mitchell 10, Allen 5, T. Curry 2, Pasley 2.

3-point goals – Watkins 1, Martin 1, K. Wright 1, Wilson 2, L. Wright 2, Mitchell 2, Allen 1.
They are scary-good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Are there any teams in the state that can beat them?
:please:They are unbeatable........
lillianhidgepork Wrote::please:They are unbeatable........
If they're unbeatable why didn't they win it last year? Anyone is beatable. I think Marion County or Perry Central could upset them.
I was being VERY sarcasitc. Marion can beat them. Perry Central is not in same league as Marion and Manual. To slow.
That is scary. Manual must be LOADED. Ballard is definitely no pushover.
I also agree that Perry County Central is not in Manual's league. They are very, very good but, after seeing Manual, I don't know if anyone can touch them. I haven't seen Marion play yet, so I can't comment about that match up. Manual's athleticism is off the charts.
Marion just beat the #4 and 12 team in America at the Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix. That should give you a idea about them.
No one has answered my question: What happened to Manual last year when Rock won the state title?
I'm assuming they have most of the same players back. Rock wasn't exactly the quickest team in the land, but they still won the state title. If a team is fundlementally sound they can overcome another teams quickness. Just don't let them play 'their game'. Make them play yours. But, it does take a very fundlemental team to do that. Perry may not match up with Manual, but they are a good fundlemental team, and well coached.
Manual did not match well with Rock. Hammond the X factor and it helped Larwence hit a big shot at the end. Manual was out coached in that game also, which is not real hard to do. Perry Central is not gonna be well liked outside of Perry County because of all the recruiting they have done, so dont expect any love for them from anyone in the state. Nobody likes a cheater.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Manual did not match well with Rock. Hammond the X factor and it helped Larwence hit a big shot at the end. Manual was out coached in that game also, which is not real hard to do. Perry Central is not gonna be well liked outside of Perry County because of all the recruiting they have done, so dont expect any love for them from anyone in the state. Nobody likes a cheater.
The Smith girl that moved from Mason County was simply moving back home. She is originally from Perry. I don't know about the North Laurel transfer.

But it's not like players don't move all over Jefferson County to the schools of their choice too. The coaches know who the good players are going to be coming out of the middle schools. There's recruiting going on in Jefferson County due to the open enrollment policy. To say there is not is ludicrous. Anything Perry Central does would pale in comparsion to what goes on in Louisville/Jefferson. And that county has a lot of people (600,000) and a lot of talent. Just an opinion on my part, but talking to coaches from the Jefferson County schools at the state tournament every year, that is a topic that is sometimes discussed. One coach ask me a question once, "Did you ever wonder why the same group of schools always dominate in certain sports, like baseball, basketball, etc?" I see his point.
Thought most people knew that Manual was playing without their starting point guard and Purdue signee April Wilson last year during the sweet 16. She had a wrist injury, if I remember correctly and did not play any games at Diddle. I'm sure that made a difference
bhamgirl Wrote:Thought most people knew that Manual was playing without their starting point guard and Purdue signee April Wilson last year during the sweet 16. She had a wrist injury, if I remember correctly and did not play any games at Diddle. I'm sure that made a difference
I was not aware of that. I wasn't at the girls state tournament last year and usually only follow Eastern Kentucky teams during the season. That's why I asked the question why they didn't win it last year instead of Rockcastle. A key player like her would make a HUGE difference.

So, I suppose Manual will be a tough team to topple this year.
Wilson is overated. Wait till she gets to Purdue and see. She is weak physically and will struggle at the next level with the strength factor, plus she is a questionable shooter, which makes you a liability both on defense side of the ball and the offensive side of the ball. Two traits that does not bode well in Division 1 basketball.

As for Perry Central, call it what you want or wrap it up in shiny Christmas paper and put a ribbon on it, but in the end its still recruiting according to the current rules that are in place by the KHSAA. Doesnt give Perry Central a right to do it, if there are schools in Lousiville also doing it, in the end they are both cheaters and nobody likes a cheater. Everyone is well aware of the Smith situation and everyone knows all about the North Laurel deal. Again you are not gonna get any sympathy once you leave Perry County and if you dont win it this year I dont think I would show my face on a message board afterwards. Its gonna be tough.
As a matter of fact if Perry Central wanted to see how good they were they should have went to Catholic over the break, not some watered down tourney.
If Wilson is over rated then some of the top programs in the country that offered her must not be a good judge of talent i.e. Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, etc.
It will be easy to see if they were a bad judge or not by this time next year......:Thumbs:
lillianhidgepork Wrote:I was being VERY sarcasitc. Marion can beat them. Perry Central is not in same league as Marion and Manual. To slow.

Yes they are beatable, by Marion Co. them two are on a different level than the next 15-18 teams. Perry county is good with one high major Rankin and a couple mid-majors in Noble and Smith. Marion Co. big three play at a higher level than Perry's or Manual's but Manual is alot more athletic than both or anybody else as far as that matters, having 6-7 athletes with some skill as well where other teams have some athletes but the skill levels not there. Marion is ranked about 13 spots ahead of Manual on the national level, but either one is capable of beating the other. However the sweet 16 will be probably as competitve as its ever been outside those two.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:No one has answered my question: What happened to Manual last year when Rock won the state title?
I'm assuming they have most of the same players back. Rock wasn't exactly the quickest team in the land, but they still won the state title. If a team is fundlementally sound they can overcome another teams quickness. Just don't let them play 'their game'. Make them play yours. But, it does take a very fundlemental team to do that. Perry may not match up with Manual, but they are a good fundlemental team, and well coached.

Sarah Hammond is what happened, her level of play was so far ahead of everybody else, I know there are alot of girls that are good in Ky, Wilson, Epps, Moss, Greenwell, an others those are just the higher level, but there was still a big difference between them and Hammond. Greenwell's difference had to do with her being young last year, if not for the ACL situation Owensboro Cath would have a shot at Manual or Marion because her skill level is also higher. Big difference in personal Rankings usually between 1-3, 4-12, 13-25, 26-40, 41-60, then so on.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Manual did not match well with Rock. Hammond the X factor and it helped Larwence hit a big shot at the end. Manual was out coached in that game also, which is not real hard to do. Perry Central is not gonna be well liked outside of Perry County because of all the recruiting they have done, so dont expect any love for them from anyone in the state. Nobody likes a cheater.

I'm outside of Perry County and don't have a problem giving any love. The rest are just haters but they be lovin some Coach Cal and UK. It's a player first attitude whats best for the player, UK will always be there just like all these high schools will be there. They don't have to compete for scholarships, or draft spots. Just like Sidney Moss you think she gets a scholarship to Florida by playing at Boone Co., nope she got that though Kentucky Premere. To be the best you can be you got to have others around you that can play at that level as well, whether on the summer circuit or maybe your school team by others already bringing notice from coaches, bigger tournaments that not just any team can play at, or the Sweet 16 where some coaches will be.
Haters gonna hate
Message to all parents:
Never move back home if your daughter plays basketball.
That is called recruiting.
What if I were to say I live in Perry County and am very close to the team and were to tell you I know the inner workings of what and how it happened? Who else can say that?
^I would tell you that you are full of bologna.
Who is the owner of this board? Whats his username?
Someone is butthurt

lol
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:The Smith girl that moved from Mason County was simply moving back home. She is originally from Perry. I don't know about the North Laurel transfer.

But it's not like players don't move all over Jefferson County to the schools of their choice too. The coaches know who the good players are going to be coming out of the middle schools. There's recruiting going on in Jefferson County due to the open enrollment policy. To say there is not is ludicrous. Anything Perry Central does would pale in comparsion to what goes on in Louisville/Jefferson. And that county has a lot of people (600,000) and a lot of talent. Just an opinion on my part, but talking to coaches from the Jefferson County schools at the state tournament every year, that is a topic that is sometimes discussed. One coach ask me a question once, "Did you ever wonder why the same group of schools always dominate in certain sports, like baseball, basketball, etc?" I see his point.

It's 741,096