Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 54 - Montgomery County 43
KCC vs. Henry Clay tomorrow for the IHigh Championship
Both teams were undefeated. Good win for Knott Co.
Congrats KCC
Knott Co. Central 54
Montgomery Co. 43

Montgomery Co.13 9 13 7 54
Knott Co. Central 15 21 5 13 43

iHigh Fayette Co. Invitational at Paul Dunbar

Montgomery Co. (9-1) -- Prewitt 17, Crisp 9, Fruth 7, Jones 3, Kelly 4.

Knott Co. Central (10-0) -- Davis 5, Adams 3, Justice 21, Christian 8, Hall 6, Cornett 6, Shrum 5.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Knott looked good again tonight.

Zach Davis did go down in this game but just ankle no knee.
Congrats Knott
Congrats KCC!
Handshoe did not play again tonight. This really hurt Montgomery Co.
ekff Wrote:Knott looked good again tonight.

Zach Davis did go down in this game but just ankle no knee.

I was wondering about that, I seen he only had 5 points..
He's usually around the 10 point area at least.
Zach was only out of the game around 5 minutes if that.. he went to the locker room with his Dad and had his ankle taped. Must have not been very severe. Knott is bringing a crowd to Lexington..last night as well as tonight. Should be a great time!
However, due to the amount of games played in a four day period I do not feel either team will be up to par.
Good Win KCC
good game kcc. Justice kid is good
Congrats to KCC! Camron Justice keeps on playing great basketball.
First lose for Montgomery County this year.
Knott Co. is playing like a top 15 team in the state.
Congrats KCC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jake Handshoe not playing really hurt Montgomery because he is just a scoring threat as Omar Prewitt. Hope he starts to feel better.
Indians20 Wrote:Jake Handshoe not playing really hurt Montgomery because he is just a scoring threat as Omar Prewitt. Hope he starts to feel better.

Agree, with Handshoe we could have seen a different outcome. Hope he returns soon.
With three freshmen starters, Knott County Central continues to gain experience while piling up wins.The Patriots improved to 11-0 Thursday, downing No. 12 Henry Clay 58-53 in the iHigh Fayette County Invitational championship game at Bryan Station.Henry Clay (6-4) could easily see where the game was lost.A 2-3 zone defense helped Knott Central outscore the Blue Devils 10-2 in the second quarter to lead 23-18."Man-to-man, they were too athletic for us," Patriots Coach B.B. King said. "Especially my babies — they're freshmen. ... But the kids I've got, they play hard for me."Henry Clay, starting three sophomores, shot 1-for-15 and committed four turnovers during the quarter."Just disappointed," Coach Daniel Brown said. "We've got to make some shots. We just look like we're lost out there sometimes."We just play like a young team.

I think the effort's there, but we've obviously got a lot of work to do."Zack Davis, a 6-foot-3 senior, led Knott Central with 17 points. Freshmen Camron Justice and Evan Hall added 15 and 10 points, with Hall grabbing 11 rebounds."They could jump out of the gym, way more athletic than we were," Davis said. "We had to use our strength and just pound it inside, get some layups, get that momentum going. Then we kicked it outside and shot some threes."Darien Tichenor came off the bench to lead Henry Clay with 14 points, eight rebounds and three blocks.

Trey Grundy popped in 11 points, while Christen Cunningham and Jordan Green had 10 each. Green also grabbed eight rebounds and handed out four assists.Henry Clay rallied from a nine-point deficit early in the third quarter to pull to within 41-40 when Cunningham converted both halves of a one-and-one with 4:17 left.After a timeout, Davis drove through traffic and went up strong for a score.Davis then grabbed a Henry Clay miss, brought the ball upcourt and powered through traffic for a 45-40 lead.Tichenor hit a pair of free throws with 3:00 left.Knott's Seth Adams, 0-for-5 from three-point range to that point, drained a trey from in front of the Patriots bench.Cunningham answered with a three for the Devils.Adams and Cunningham traded threes again, leaving Knott with a 51-48 lead with 1:10 left.That's as close as it got, and Knott clinched things with Justice and Simon Christon each hitting two free throws in the last 33 seconds.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/12/23/20041...rylink=cpy