Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 57 East Ridge 46
Didn't get to go to this game due to finals but I will be at the next few. This is a tough loss for East Ridge but I believe they will get it together soon. You can't just expect a team with two new star players to dominate right away, team chemistry takes time and experience. Good win for Prestonsburg, back to work for East Ridge.
^Agreed! lol

Meant for vundy
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:ConfusedhhConfusedhhhh man don't tell everything you've heard .

Going home? If you are adopted by a family at East Ridge then isn't East Ridge now your home? That seems odd...hmm...
I swear to the good lord above, some of you are the stupidest people I've ever seen post. Why some of you were released into the public by your respected education facilities just straight up befuddles me. I honestly have seen better behavior from a kindergarten class. How you can take a topic this off topic just simply is impressive. It was a good game for Prestonsburg, bad game for East Ridge. Kasongo and Wolter will be playing for East Ridge. Regardless of how much you think you know because the guy you play checkers with in the park overheard his barber tell his 4th cousin on the phone, you don't know anything. Grow up, and get this back on topic before it is closed.
Real Badman Wrote:I swear to the good lord above, some of you are the stupidest people I've ever seen post. Why some of you were released into the public by your respected education facilities just straight up befuddles me. I honestly have seen better behavior from a kindergarten class. How you can take a topic this off topic just simply is impressive. It was a good game for Prestonsburg, bad game for East Ridge. Kasongo and Wolter will be playing for East Ridge. Regardless of how much you think you know because the guy you play checkers with in the park overheard his barber tell his 4th cousin on the phone, you don't know anything. Grow up, and get this back on topic before it is closed.

Nice RB!!!:1:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Well, well....I went to the PCC vs. Johnson Central game, but sure wish I had gone to this one......Anyone who wants to can flame me, I don't really care. I am for any team that beats any of these teams that have the out of state and out of country recruits on them. I have been watching mountain basketball played by mountain boys for more than 30 years now. If I wanted to watch Canadians, Texans and New Yorkers play, I would have moved there. Would have given anything to watch those mountain boys beat those boys. Way to go Blackcats!!!!!
Real Badman Wrote:I swear to the good lord above, some of you are the stupidest people I've ever seen post. Why some of you were released into the public by your respected education facilities just straight up befuddles me. I honestly have seen better behavior from a kindergarten class. How you can take a topic this off topic just simply is impressive. It was a good game for Prestonsburg, bad game for East Ridge. Kasongo and Wolter will be playing for East Ridge. Regardless of how much you think you know because the guy you play checkers with in the park overheard his barber tell his 4th cousin on the phone, you don't know anything. Grow up, and get this back on topic before it is closed.
Here is the issue i take with this. You read all kinds of threads where stuff worse than this goes on and were trolling Pikeville threads all of last season. But now that people are trolling ER threads, people are immature and you threaten to delete/close stuff. Don't moderate with bias.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Well, well....I went to the PCC vs. Johnson Central game, but sure wish I had gone to this one......Anyone who wants to can flame me, I don't really care. I am for any team that beats any of these teams that have the out of state and out of country recruits on them. I have been watching mountain basketball played by mountain boys for more than 30 years now. If I wanted to watch Canadians, Texans and New Yorkers play, I would have moved there. Would have given anything to watch those mountain boys beat those boys. Way to go Blackcats!!!!!

humm.....something there didn't quite post the way I typed it....but it's all good
Panther Thunder Wrote:Here is the issue i take with this. You read all kinds of threads where stuff worse than this goes on and were trolling Pikeville threads all of last season. But now that people are trolling ER threads, people are immature and you threaten to delete/close stuff. Don't moderate with bias.

I never mentioned anything about warning/infractions. Trolling is fine by me. I just don't like it when people say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, and it usually is grammatically butchered. I usually step in when things get about this bad. Be it, I don't read every thread, but there are threads where I do intervene. Don't say I'm being biased because I dont read every thread, that is just ignorant. If you have a problem in a Pikeville thread, send me a PM, it's what I'm here for. Bro
I was at the game and came away with these impressions:

1. Coaching. Shakey at best. You can certainly tell this is Coach Lemaster's first head coaching job. How do you lose by 9, trail the entire game, and NEVER call a timeout? He may very well prove to be a good coach someday, but he's in the learning process right now.

2. Kasongo. Very raw. Looks to dunk every trip down the floor. Tries to set himself up for an alley oop on nearly every possession. Doesn't hustle. Never boxes out. Has the potential to be a monster but just doesn't have the motor. He's young and has time to develop but needs a "foot in your butt" coach to adjust his attitude. Another area where an inexperieinced coach hurts this team.

3. Pressure. ER couldn't even get the ball inbounds against a weak P'burg press, muchless dribble or pass through it. When P'burg started pressing in the 2nd quarter, ER was lost. Wolter is as quick as a cat and has decent ball handling skills but he has very little help bringing the ball up the floor. My guess is ER had in the neighborhood of 30 turnovers and many of those came against that little press. They are a terrible passing team.

4. Wolter. Young, inexperienced, but has huge potential. Extremely quick. Decent ball handling skills, looks to pass first, gets to the rim. His turnovers came when he didn't have help handling the press. I didn't see him throw the ball away but maybe twice. Too quick for most high school teams to trap. I hope he hangs around until he graduates because he will be a superstar.

5. Overall. ER has never met a 3 point shot they didn't like, and they went 2 for 27. With a monster like Kasongo in the paint, he should touch it every time down the floor before a 3 pointer is even considered. Most high school teams cannot handle an athletic 6'7" big man. He doesn't need to look for the dunk. They will come and he could take this team a long way, especially with a guard like Wolter looking to get him the ball.

Overall, ER has a lot of potential. They have inside (Kasongo), outside (Miller and Mullins) threats, a great point guard and decent depth. They will definitely improve as the year goes on. As Coach Lemaster progresses with this young team you will see definite improvement. JMO
Panther Thunder Wrote:Here is the issue i take with this. You read all kinds of threads where stuff worse than this goes on and were trolling Pikeville threads all of last season. But now that people are trolling ER threads, people are immature and you threaten to delete/close stuff. Don't moderate with bias.

I agree PT! Seems like anytime something is mentioned about East Ridge RB and Vundy come to their rescue. Also interesting to notice how a thread that criticized Lemaster was immediately gone. Anytime you have 2 high profile transfers from another country magically appear at your school this is the kind of thread that happens. Funny how worse things are allowed to be said about other schools/players.
Guys..it was just a bad game. These things happen. Not sure why this thread has three pages and Phelps beat Valley, AT VALLEY, and only has one. I'm not downing anyone, just don't understand all the animosity towards ER having an off night..
OurHouse Wrote:Guys..it was just a bad game. These things happen. Not sure why this thread has three pages and Phelps beat Valley, AT VALLEY, and only has one. I'm not downing anyone, just don't understand all the animosity towards ER having an off night..

Think it has something to do with 2 transfers. If the rumor on another thread is true then some will shift the other direction.
SuperB70 Wrote:I was at the game and came away with these impressions:

1. Coaching. Shakey at best. You can certainly tell this is Coach Lemaster's first head coaching job. How do you lose by 9, trail the entire game, and NEVER call a timeout? He may very well prove to be a good coach someday, but he's in the learning process right now.

2. Kasongo. Very raw. Looks to dunk every trip down the floor. Tries to set himself up for an alley oop on nearly every possession. Doesn't hustle. Never boxes out. Has the potential to be a monster but just doesn't have the motor. He's young and has time to develop but needs a "foot in your butt" coach to adjust his attitude. Another area where an inexperieinced coach hurts this team.

3. Pressure. ER couldn't even get the ball inbounds against a weak P'burg press, muchless dribble or pass through it. When P'burg started pressing in the 2nd quarter, ER was lost. Wolter is as quick as a cat and has decent ball handling skills but he has very little help bringing the ball up the floor. My guess is ER had in the neighborhood of 30 turnovers and many of those came against that little press. They are a terrible passing team.

4. Wolter. Young, inexperienced, but has huge potential. Extremely quick. Decent ball handling skills, looks to pass first, gets to the rim. His turnovers came when he didn't have help handling the press. I didn't see him throw the ball away but maybe twice. Too quick for most high school teams to trap. I hope he hangs around until he graduates because he will be a superstar.

5. Overall. ER has never met a 3 point shot they didn't like, and they went 2 for 27. With a monster like Kasongo in the paint, he should touch it every time down the floor before a 3 pointer is even considered. Most high school teams cannot handle an athletic 6'7" big man. He doesn't need to look for the dunk. They will come and he could take this team a long way, especially with a guard like Wolter looking to get him the ball.

Overall, ER has a lot of potential. They have inside (Kasongo), outside (Miller and Mullins) threats, a great point guard and decent depth. They will definitely improve as the year goes on. As Coach Lemaster progresses with this young team you will see definite improvement. JMO
This is the best explanation I have read concerning the game. The only thing you didn't mention was #12. He is good defensively, but he is not a shooter and he never sets a pick for any player.
Spud6 Wrote:Who is downing them for going home? The post I seen about them going home was really praising them. Saying ''ER better hope they don't stay'' To me, that's saying the tribe is a better team with them on it! I dont see criticism in that.
:yes:thats what I thought too.yup yup
vundy33 Wrote:Not for trolls.
Vundy you don't need to be on boards you know nothing about , But if rumors are true :truestory:. MARK IT DOWN . And one of these fine young men doesn't come back . The Ridge Warriors are still only one player better than ER was last year . Can you recall what seed they was in the region turnament ?:please:
ANEWPAT Wrote:Well, well....I went to the PCC vs. Johnson Central game, but sure wish I had gone to this one......Anyone who wants to can flame me, I don't really care. I am for any team that beats any of these teams that have the out of state and out of country recruits on them. I have been watching mountain basketball played by mountain boys for more than 30 years now. If I wanted to watch Canadians, Texans and New Yorkers play, I would have moved there. Would have given anything to watch those mountain boys beat those boys. Way to go Blackcats!!!!!

Amen bro:rockon:But I hope the best for these two kids .:Cheerlead ... But some fine young hillbilly is coming off the bench now like their coach didn't like what he seen when he came there . Looks bad on the mountain boys coming off the bench . Was their anyone there good enough to start or win with out outside help . :dontthink.. I think these 2 boys is awesome . Subtract their points and playing would ER have anything different from lastyear . :biglmao:
Lots of talented kids,,, no coaches! Thats the eastridge bottom line. If you want to be a 3pt team fine, but those shots come alot easier and less contested when the D has to crowd the paint. Kasongo touches it the outside opens up. They have no press offense, no zone offense other than shoot 3's, all they have offensively is an up and down game where its decided by supperior athletes,, thats why they beat letcher, they play the same game and the canadians make ER more athletic to win that one but they will struggle in the halfcourt game the rest of the season if LeMaster doesnt learn how to coach fast!