Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 57 South Laurel 48
i thought it would have been a higher scoring game with all the hype around jaysean, but congrats to the dores.
Paige looks very athletic, but went to the worst possible school in the area to suit his talents. It was apparent that he has not played a lot in a halfcourt offense and Hatcher's is slower than most. I also am not sure how he got player of the game.
As for the officiating of last nights game, I did not see that it was unevenly called. The fouls I saw called were fouls. It was apparent though that Perry was the much better team and they played subs most of the night and appeared could have blown SL out had they wanted to play their starters more in the second half.
Quote:Paige looks very athletic, but went to the worst possible school in the area to suit his talents. It was apparent that he has not played a lot in a halfcourt offense and Hatcher's is slower than most. I also am not sure how he got player of the game.
As for the officiating of last nights game, I did not see that it was unevenly called. The fouls I saw called were fouls. It was apparent though that Perry was the much better team and they played subs most of the night and appeared could have blown SL out had they wanted to play their starters more in the second half.

and which school would you prefer him play at?
I am assuming that more players played in this game for PCC than just paige. Didn't anyone happen to notice if anyone else score, got a rebound, got an assist or even a steal?
No preference, just simply stating that the PCC offense does not suit a player that like to get up and down the floor and is more of a one on one type player. IE Rondo trying to play for Tubby, I am sure you remember how that went. Paige will still be good, but looks like he could be great in a system that better suited his style.
J.W. Wrote:and which school would you prefer him play at?

He would be better suited at Scott Co. Billy would let him run and gun. Not gonna happen with Hatcher.
Hatcher is letting them run more this year. You will see higher point totals out of his teams this year than in the past few years.
Is that why they are still scoring in the low 50's?
I got to see Perry play last year once and as many poster have said on this site, its boring basketball.
Dont get me wrong, it works.....sometimes.
Its like 4 corners and lets run a minute of the clock with each possession.
I would assume this doesnt work well with an athlete of Paiges caliber. (assuming what ive read on here is true)

It costed Perry the game against Whitley last year once, but they were strong enough to bounce back when they came to Whitley.

It makes me wonder if Paige is ever going to get over 10 points, much less anybody in that slow paced type of offense.
This thread proves my point as to why I am so upset about all the out of state and out of country recruits. I have been following all of the PCC threads because I have them picked to win the 14th (yes even before Paige became eligable). Everyone has offered up stats for the whole team and talked about how different players were contributing, etc. Paige gets eligable and plays in one game and suddenly you think he was the only player who played for PCC. I have asked three times on this thread for any information on any other player and no one has offered up one word in response. These recruits are going to take over and it's going to be all about them and our mountain boys are going to get swept under the rug. Same thing is happening with the Canadians at East Ridge. And, it would have happened with the Texans at Cordia, but the ended up being highly over rated. I am so upset that the KHSAA let this happen. Even more upset that the basketball faithfuls in the mountains are embracing this so easily. Shame!!!!!!
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Hatcher is letting them run more this year. You will see higher point totals out of his teams this year than in the past few years.

He lets them run more at the first of every year, then the you'll start to see the scores trickle down in the 40's.
I just dont see the Hatch letting them guys run and gun. Not really his style. Now if they can score off of steals and blocked shots yeah maybe.
I wouldnt count out the pcc guys just yet. The kid had 1 practice and played a total of about 10 mins. He had a couple of really nice plays and will only get better as the yr goes on. I think hatcher is a great coach and he knows what he has, they will do whats best to win games. We will know alot more about this team after this weekend because they play Henry Clay and Scott county.
ballstar Wrote:I wouldnt count out the pcc guys just yet. The kid had 1 practice and played a total of about 10 mins. He had a couple of really nice plays and will only get better as the yr goes on. I think hatcher is a great coach and he knows what he has, they will do whats best to win games. We will know alot more about this team after this weekend because they play Henry Clay and Scott county.

Will never, ever believe this!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Will never, ever believe this!!!

Doesnt matter, khsaa knows and thats what matters. You will see once he really gets his basketball legs back.
Hey Aslan.......can you please get us some stats for the other players for PCC in this game. If paige only played a total of 10 minutes surely someone else did something worth mentioning.
Not really. Just a bad game all the way around. I think from the best i remember is that Paige, cornett, and huff was in double digits. No stats have been posted on khsaa website yet. If they post them i will post them on here for yall.
Perry is going to have another great year they will be hard to beat. see it coming down between them and knott. what a great win love watching the game
LOL @ everyone hatin on pcc already!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:LOL @ everyone hatin on pcc already!

:haters:
king360 Wrote::haters:

let me know when they have a home game and we will go! :popcorn:
Good job Perry..can't wait to watch them this year.