Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5A 2012 Favorites
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Highlands will reload. BG doesn't have coaching or the consistent quality of players coming through to be able to say that.

They do now. It's not just a team, it's a program.
^ HAHA yeah I'll believe that when I see it!
Christian County from the west should be much improved for the next couple of years. They were very young this year and it showed when it mattered. With that said, they still almost had the first perfect regular season in CC history. I would assume that JH, WC, and BG will all be tough again.
Harlan County will probably be favored again in Region 4. They have seven or eight sophomores who have two years of varsity experience and several juniors (Jake Middleton, Aaron Caldwell, Austin Maggard, Tucker Lewis) who should be ready to take over leadership roles. The freshman team hasn't lost in two years.
Once a Colonel Wrote:Christian County from the west should be much improved for the next couple of years. They were very young this year and it showed when it mattered. With that said, they still almost had the first perfect regular season in CC history. I would assume that JH, WC, and BG will all be tough again.

Any team that got hammered 49-0 in the 2nd round of the playoffs has nowhere to go but up. Warren Central should be ranked #1 in the state, as according to their coach, they were extremely young in 2011. So if WC was extremely young and Christian was very young, I'll take the young team that beat the other young team 49-0.
John Hardin will be in the mix. We will have another large senior class.
adopted purple Wrote:They lose 31 seniors, including 18 starters, but they were very deep. Should be interesting.

Dang. That's a lot of seniors.
adopted purple Wrote:They lose 31 seniors, including 18 starters, but they were very deep. Should be interesting.

Thats a crazy number of seniors.
I would say there were a lot of teams this year that didnt dress 31 players.
I think they will still be competitive in the West. They had 92 on their roster and they played a lot of the younger players this year.
Once a Colonel Wrote:Christian County from the west should be much improved for the next couple of years. They were very young this year and it showed when it mattered. With that said, they still almost had the first perfect regular season in CC history. I would assume that JH, WC, and BG will all be tough again.

Christian County surprised me this year. Heading into the Southwestern game, they were on a roll. But after that loss to the Warriors, the Colonels just kind of sputtered into the playoffs and faltered. I was surprised that Warren Central beat them by 49 points.
HDE Wrote:Harlan County will probably be favored again in Region 4. They have seven or eight sophomores who have two years of varsity experience and several juniors (Jake Middleton, Aaron Caldwell, Austin Maggard, Tucker Lewis) who should be ready to take over leadership roles. The freshman team hasn't lost in two years.

I agree. District 7 will be weak in 2012, so I expect someone from District 8 to represent the region next season.
GetChili Wrote:I agree. District 7 will be weak in 2012, so I expect someone from District 8 to represent the region next season.

Aside from the Warriors District 7 was down (IMO) this year, District 8 may be int the same shape in 2012, Letcher loses Johnson and they seem to be having some trouble over there, Perry lost some players but that's all I know, Whitley should be good, and Harlan County while they will miss Brewer (QB) and McMillian (RB) they should plug some good lineman in and Middleton will be the featured back with some help from Chitwood and a few underclassmen gettting a chance to run the ball.

What's district 7 look like?
GetChili Wrote:I agree. District 7 will be weak in 2012, so I expect someone from District 8 to represent the region next season.

District 8 was a lot weaker than i expected this year and it surprised me that SW came out of nowhere.

What is Pulaski County bringing back?
I know North and South are still going to struggle.
Any chance Lincoln gets better from a 2nd place finish this year? Did they lose a lot?
Patriot Wrote:Aside from the Warriors District 7 was down (IMO) this year, District 8 may be int the same shape in 2012, Letcher loses Johnson and they seem to be having some trouble over there, Perry lost some players but that's all I know, Whitley should be good, and Harlan County while they will miss Brewer (QB) and McMillian (RB) they should plug some good lineman in and Middleton will be the featured back with some help from Chitwood and a few underclassmen gettting a chance to run the ball.

What's district 7 look like?

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:District 8 was a lot weaker than i expected this year and it surprised me that SW came out of nowhere.

What is Pulaski County bringing back?
I know North and South are still going to struggle.
Any chance Lincoln gets better from a 2nd place finish this year? Did they lose a lot?

District 7 was down a lot this year. SW was the only team that really did anything, but the district was WEAK. Pulaski will probably struggle again this year, but within the next 2 years, I expect them to win region. Lincoln will probably struggle with the loss to RB Deon Shannon. Call me crazy, but I expect Madison Southern to make some noise next year. I believe District 7 is wide-open in 2012.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Highlands will reload. BG doesn't have coaching or the consistent quality of players coming through to be able to say that.

Didn't know Bowling Green did not have coaches. I guess I learn something new everyday.

6 regional championships in 8 years

4 state championship appearances in 7 years

And a state title after this one..

Coaching has nothing to do with that right?

I guess I'll have to agree with you, BG has no coaching.
Christian County seemed to lose momentum about midway through the season. I don't know if it was lack of leadership, injuries, youth, or what. High school sports are largely affected by momentum and when WC got rolling and CC stumbled, it was down hill from there. Just like it was for JH against BG and WC agains BG. Seemed to me like WC lost more the CC did this year, but I am unsure of that. No doubt they will be an excellent team again next year.
what makes you think south will be down ?
footballfan23 Wrote:what makes you think south will be down ?

If you are referring to South Laurel then the coach, players, recent history is what makes me want to believe they'll be down.
Until Welch starts running plays besides basic plays that are easy for defenses to read, then they wont succeed.
Mix that with the fact that theyve only had a couple of really successful seasons since the school was created also makes me think that.
If you take away the Neil Warren days of the late 90's out and the Jep Irwin seasons, theyve never havd a succesful football year.

2000 4-7
2001 1-9
2002 2-8
2003 6-5
2004 7-4
2005 9-3
2006 3-7
2007 6-5
2008 4-7
2009 4-7
2010 0-10
2011 5-6

There 51-78 since 2000
You take away the Irwin years and South has only won 29 games in 8 years
Yes, BG has lost alot of seniors, but at the same time they have a small jr class but they are very athletic and have alot of heart. #16 and #23 will be huge factors on the defense side of the ball as well as #28 he was just a sophomore and started since his freshman year. And on the other side of the ball they return #12 he was also just a sophmore this year and is only 150 yards away from breaking the All-time carrer recieving yards the current leader is D.L Moore. He plays at South Carolina now. they also have two really good running backs #15 and #4 they both have alot of speed and are tough runners. And they also have an extremely talented QB that played alot of snaps. He was an honarble mention in the top QB's in the region and hes only a sophmore. The 2012 BG team will be an athletic, fast, tough team that will look to make their way back to the 5a state championship.
I will stand behind my Harlan County Black Bears!!!
Bears a legit top 5 team this year!